Roast 2016 - Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Captained Zaha. Done for the year now, screw this for a lark.

Got 1996 in the end which is well below par for this round but not as abysmal as I feared. Had a screwed up bench though, if I had the ability to simply reorganize my team I could have had over 2300. Really hurts.

Suckling you have a face like a smashed arsehole!!!!

F@&k!!! You average over 90 all year and the moment I get you in you spud it up like a prize f$!king b*tch w%nker f@&k!!

I'm going to go out and buy a puppy and call it Suckling. I'll treat it with care and fatten it up. Then I'm going to kick the livings sh*t out of it every time you drop the ball!!

It's all on you Suckling! What kind of a first name is "Matt" anyway? Is it European?

Opted for double downgrade.... Collins and Jansen.

Didn't get onboard Rocky.

Looking pretty stupid right now.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not starting with Danger. * me!!! i thought he was an overrated hack who couldn't kick and that it would be such a genius POD to not have him. Now I'm probably going to scramble to get him in out of panic and FOMO, simultaneously throwing away my bye plans and ruining my entire season! *

Same boat but have other priorities ahead and it's hard to trade someone that loses 200k in value
I will probably end up keeping him haha
I'll probably keep him all season, not going to find anyone better around the 400k mark. I'm also to scared to trade him and then West gets dropped, Stef starts averaging 105+ and I end up looking like a right fool. 20% of coaches still have him in their side so every s**t score he gets tens of thousands of others wear the score to.

Opted for double downgrade.... Collins and Jansen.

Didn't get onboard Rocky.

Looking pretty stupid right now.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Im in the same boat but went Jansen and Stewart. Definitely going for rocky this week. I have 150k in the bank so he should be attainable through Mills/Smith and a downgrade.

Rocky is one of the players where you loose ******* hair!!!! Fantasy pig/perennially injured

I'll probably keep him all season, not going to find anyone better around the 400k mark. I'm also to scared to trade him and then West gets dropped, Stef starts averaging 105+ and I end up looking like a right fool. 20% of coaches still have him in their side so every s**t score he gets tens of thousands of others wear the score to.

Word out of Brisbane is that they are happy and will persist with the Stef/West combo (no idea what drugs they are on).

But in any case, feel it has to be looked at from the point of view of will "upgrading" Stef to Goldy yield more points than for example, upgrading a Wagner/Smith to a Laird or whichever your next planned upgrades were. Talking in terms of those trades as a reference, Ideally both would be made over the coming weeks, but it's a close call if only having to choose one considering they cost a similar amount, and as it stands now both would yield a similar ppg increase, given that Stef isn't likely to average above 70 as it stands. It then becomes a question of if Stef or the rook in question has more upside in the short term, and who has the higher ceiling/better consistency between (for this example) Goldy or Laird.

Point being, when considering all of this it's a tough decision whether to trade Stef or not and certainly not a clear cut hold, even if it means missing out on another upgrade in the short term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word out of Brisbane is that they are happy and will persist with the Stef/West combo (no idea what drugs they are on).
Where did you hear this from mate? I was reading through the Lions board and they're all done with playing the two rucks admittedly they weren't only saying to drop West but they want one of them to be dropped. If Martin was dropped you'd have get rid of him but if West gets dropped it could be the answer to many coaches prayers.

What the fans want and what Leppa actually does could be two totally different things however.

Here's a link to the thread on the Lions board: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/changes-vs-wce.1135246/#post-44999035

Where did you hear this from mate? I was reading through the Lions board and they're all done with playing the two rucks admittedly they weren't only saying to drop West but they want one of them to be dropped. If Martin was dropped you'd have get rid of him but if West gets dropped it could be the answer to many coaches prayers.

What the fans want and what Leppa actually does could be two totally different things however.

Here's a link to the thread on the Lions board: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/changes-vs-wce.1135246/#post-44999035

Yeah if West gets dropped and Stef is back to solo ruck then he's a keeper, but sadly don't see it happening. I don't read too much into what teams' supporters want, take a look at our board and all the changes we've been crying out for that rarely/never happen.

I read a few articles over the last few weeks which indicated pretty firmly that Lion's coaching staff were looking to keep up the duel rucks.
Here's one: http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-05-25/westys-back

"He worked well in tandem with Stefan Martin and it’s something as a coaching group we’ll look to keep doing as well."

Yeah if West gets dropped and Stef is back to solo ruck then he's a keeper, but sadly don't see it happening. I don't read too much into what teams' supporters want, take a look at our board and all the changes we've been crying out for that rarely/never happen.

I read a few articles over the last few weeks which indicated pretty firmly that Lion's coaching staff were looking to keep up the duel rucks.
Here's one: http://www.lions.com.au/news/2016-05-25/westys-back

"He worked well in tandem with Stefan Martin and it’s something as a coaching group we’ll look to keep doing as well."
Time to jump on the Leppa out bandwagon. :p

Time to jump on the Leppa out bandwagon. :p

The guy is plain f*****. Whole situation has pissed me off so much. It's clearly less beneficial to have West in the side and Stef playing up forward for half the game.

I'm a thinker and never happy taking things as they are presented, so here are my 3 angles that could potentially explain it:

1) Their season is dead, and it's a neat way to have a bit of a tank without anyone being able to accuse them of it. Following this, perhaps they are also trying to play West back into some form for next season.

2) Their season is dead, and Leppa has gone into salt mode trying to drop Stef's market value so other clubs won't want him. They know there's interest in him from a few other clubs and he was apparently considering coming back to Melbourne last season. If he plays out the rest of the season like this the outside interest will quickly drop and Brisbane will certainly get to keep him. Unlikely, but possible.

3) The most legit one: Perhaps he's still suffering some lingering effects from the May hit, and Brisbane have decided to give him lighter duties for now until he's 100% again. I actually hope it's this one as it could mean West gets dropped after their bye and he returns to rucking solo.

MASON ******* PIECE OF **** **** COX. 10m out directly in front, 1 minute left in the game AND YOU MISS THE GOAL!! Oh, what's the matter you say? Pies were down by 50 points so what's one goal in the whole scope of things?

I LOST MY MAIN ******** LEAGUE GAME BY 1 ******* POINT, THATS THE ******* POINT. Not only is it a cash league, there were PLENTY of beers on this week. YOU OWE ME.
Actually, just **** off. You and your giraffe running style can get off my tv, off my team, off your ******* sister and OUT OF MY LIFE.

************************** YOU.

MASON ******* PIECE OF **** **** COX. 10m out directly in front, 1 minute left in the game AND YOU MISS THE GOAL!! Oh, what's the matter you say? Pies were down by 50 points so what's one goal in the whole scope of things?

I LOST MY MAIN ******** LEAGUE GAME BY 1 ******* POINT, THATS THE ******* POINT. Not only is it a cash league, there were PLENTY of beers on this week. YOU OWE ME.
Actually, just **** off. You and your giraffe running style can get off my tv, off my team, off your ******* sister and OUT OF MY LIFE.

************************** YOU.
This doesn't really qualify as a vent but I can sympathise with you. I also had Mason Cox and was playing a coach whose unique players were getting him up to defeat me. When Mason Cox missed that goal I was sure I'd lost but the other guy's skip, Scott Pendlebury, barely touched the ball in the last quarter and I got up by 2.

* Josh Gibson. * his dropped marks and his holding the balls and his stupid ******* double fisted spoils. Mark it for *s sake, you're an AFL ******* footballer. Honestly * that guy.

He won't even count towards my 18 this week, that's how much of a useless ******* campaigner he is. * off Josh.

And also, * your mate Jack Gunston too. He can * right off.

**** Josh Gibson. **** his dropped marks and his holding the balls and his stupid ******* double fisted spoils. Mark it for ****s sake, you're an AFL ******* footballer. Honestly **** that guy.

He won't even count towards my 18 this week, that's how much of a useless ******* campaigner he is. **** off Josh.

And also, **** your mate Jack Gunston too. He can **** right off.

Now thats, thats a vent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back