2016 VFL SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately all the sports media and and about 97% of the public dont agree with you and thats why the current VFL ex VFA are lucky to pull 10 - 15,000 people to their games weekly The AFL won this contest 20 years back and no matter how "wonderful "the VFL or local footy match day experience is the public dont buy it.

The AFL is still the biggest game in town by a country mile as shown by last nights big soccer match Victory v Sydney which only pulled 20,000+ to AAMI Park and two AFL practice matches in one in Melbourne and one in Geelong at the weekend got roughly the same crowds!

No one is saying the AFL isn't bigger mate. :thumbsu: I wouldn't confuse attendance numbers with customer satisfaction, or value for money though.

No one is saying the AFL isn't bigger mate. :thumbsu: I wouldn't confuse attendance numbers with customer satisfaction, or value for money though.
You didnt get what I was saying If the VFL and local leagues were so fantastic then why do the public not attend in greater numbers after all the clubs are where most of the population lives

Take Werribee for example the fastest growing area in the nation with a population in surrounding ares of over 120,000 and a long way from the CBD but even when winning they are lucky to get 1000 people to their matches! You can add Casey ex Springvale,Coburg Nth Ballarat and Williamstown who also get bugger all to their games to the list as well So how do you explain that?

You didnt get what I was saying If the VFL and local leagues were so fantastic then why do the public not attend in greater numbers after all the clubs are where most of the population lives

Take Werribee for example the fastest growing area in the nation with a population in surrounding ares of over 120,000 and a long way from the CBD but even when winning they are lucky to get 1000 people to their matches! You can add Casey ex Springvale,Coburg Nth Ballarat and Williamstown who also get bugger all to their games to the list as well So how do you explain that?

Hey mate, I kind of agree with what your saying here, but Willy get pretty good crowds to there games. I suppose you could add that winning also draws crowds.
I do agree that Werribee have a bigger area and there crowds are not that big unless they play Willy.

Again, nobody said that the local leagues and vfl are better (not that number of fans = quality), Huddler and myself just mentioned how refreshing change it is to get down to a less sanitised version of footy.
As for each of those clubs, most of them lost a decent % their long term fans when they became pawns of AFL clubs and with North Ballarat being the Collingwood of Ballarat footy supporters of BFL clubs have always had a hard time getting behind them.

Casey charging $5 entry for a practice match. That's a disgrace. Is Casey/Melbourne that desperate for money. Sh@@ club all round if you ask me..

Casey charging $5 entry for a practice match. That's a disgrace. Is Casey/Melbourne that desperate for money. Sh@@ club all round if you ask me..
Went to a Casey v Bendigo praccy match a few years ago and it was free back then

Because MFC supporters arn't a bunch of dole bludgers so it doesn't bother us.

Because MFC supporters arn't a bunch of dole bludgers so it doesn't bother us.

Hahaha. Have you ever been to Williamstown HarryO. No dole bludgers there but they do like there views of the bay from there balcony..

BTW, did you see the those 15 or so people in demon red colours watching from outside the fence on the car park side. Also I noticed the hole in the fence behind those goals that you probably got through..

Ahhh the banter. Up the Seagulls!!!!!!!!

Hahaha. Have you ever been to Williamstown HarryO. No dole bludgers there but they do like there views of the bay from there balcony..

BTW, did you see the those 15 or so people in demon red colours watching from outside the fence on the car park side. Also I noticed the hole in the fence behind those goals that you probably got through..

Ahhh the banter. Up the Seagulls!!!!!!!!

$5 shouldn't be an issue then ;)

Casey need the money badly. No pokies is screwing them badly.

Essendons Daniel Coghlan and new recruit James El Mousalli will have a big chance getting picked up. El Mousalli is a beast

Again, nobody said that the local leagues and vfl are better (not that number of fans = quality), Huddler and myself just mentioned how refreshing change it is to get down to a less sanitised version of footy.
As for each of those clubs, most of them lost a decent % their long term fans when they became pawns of AFL clubs and with North Ballarat being the Collingwood of Ballarat footy supporters of BFL clubs have always had a hard time getting behind them.
;lollol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I make a note of not paying too much attention to Praccy Games because I've been burnt (like last year, Port beat Sandy by 90-odd in a Praccy game_ predicting who will do well off them.

It shits me that the WAFL, SANFL, TAC Cup, NEAFL and TSL all start before the VFL. I would have loved to go watch Essendon or Coburg this weekend but I can't :mad:

12890849_10154210745272722_5631438082802934452_o.jpg

Umpiring at the Essendon vs Werribee game yesterday was absolutely woeful. Cost Essendon the game IMO.
It was terrible, but we also played terrible in that second half. Don't think you can solely blame the umpires.

It was terrible, but we also played terrible in that second half. Don't think you can solely blame the umpires.
I can count at least 6 occasions where extremely poor umpiring decisions either gifted Werribee a goal or cost Essendon a goal. That reverses the result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back