2016 VRC Derby day - all races as per His Majesty IluvParis cracking it

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Man I love Derby Day. What a fun day to go to the races - quality on the track, quality off the track. It's a shame that Melbourne hasn't bothered building up a race day this good in the Autumn, cos once a year isn't enough.

Last year was my first Derby, and I had the most amazing day despite it raining in the morning and copping a hiding on the punt.

You can probably imagine how much I enjoyed today when the whether was beautiful, the women were stunning, I found a bar + a toilet where the lines were short, and I had a really good day (like, a really good day) on the punt! I generally only go to 4 or 5 race days a year, and I think today is the first time I've ever had a bookie look at me with fear in his eyes as I went to collect. It's not that I bet particularly big amounts - it's just that I somehow managed to find 4 winners today, all with the same bookie. (+ a 5th winner in the last when I was on the train home.)

I'd go back again on Tuesday for the Cup, but I'm sunburnt, and I'm that horrible, not at all fun kind of drunk where you've drunk a lot, over a long period of time, in the sun all day while getting sunburnt - and will pay for all of this tomorrow :mask:

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
at first look comin' through big rating. oceanographer as expected a very sound melbourne cup rating.

mares ran to a very poor standard as they have all spring IMO. 3yo sprint a let down with astern looking a miler and EC not handling the straight.

will be interesting to do more in depth in next few days.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Illustrious Lad still in on Tuesday and 14s in a 1000 times worse race than today... if he runs hes a 1.20 chance... he is in group 1 form

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsu:

There's some bloody good horses in that race - in fact an early look at the fields suggests this is a much better race day than Cup day typically is - but 14 bucks is crazy if he runs. (16 bucks is crazier if you're only having an early nibble and can use the odds boost feature.)

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

hot dogs

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Illustrious Lad still in on Tuesday and 14s in a 1000 times worse race than today... if he runs hes a 1.20 chance... he is in group 1 form

Probably a stupid question, but just wanted to confirm. If it is scratched from here, it is money back?

Cheers!

No, he didn't. He thought Winx would win but had to back Hartnell at the price.

He tipped him after the Turnbull....

As I said at the time "whatever Gator's on I want some"

Experts are just blokes who slightly follow the form more that it and look at speed maps.

Back