Match Discussion 2016 - VWFL Division 3 First Semi-Final : Fitzroy-ACU v SKOB Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

All Roys fans capable of getting to Northcote on Sunday are urged to do so in order to cheer on the filles du roi in their first finals campaign. Note there is an entry fee, and that you cant bring dogs (or probably any other large pets - maybe there's a loophole for your cassowary but I wouldn't take the risk). Seeing eye dogs etc are an exception.

Great article on the upcoming clash appears on the Fitzroy website. Excerpt:
Congratulations to the Fitzroy-ACU Women’s 1 team who have made the semi-finals of the Division 3 competition in just their second season in the Victorian Women’s Football League.

It would be great to see a big Fitzroy crowd this Sunday 7 August from 12pm at Bill Lawry Oval, Westgarth Street, Northcote to cheer on the Roy Girls as they take on the SKOB Saints.

Full article : http://www.fitzroyfc.com.au/latest-news/roy-girls-make-first-finals-campaign
from the Fitzroy FC website

Ladder after H&As :
635khDn.png

from the VWFL website

The 2nds team finished 5th of 7 teams, basically in their own section of the ladder along with 4th placed Jacana.

Won easy seven goals to two. What could you expect from a girls team from St Kevins. I mean if they were any good they would have gone to a good catholic school like Gen or St Mary's.

Big crowd there. Unfortunately one of the St Kevins lasses was stretchered off and we all hope she is OK

Won easy seven goals to two. What could you expect from a girls team from St Kevins. I mean if they were any good they would have gone to a good catholic school like Gen or St Mary's.

Big crowd there. Unfortunately one of the St Kevins lasses was stretchered off and we all hope she is OK
Saint Kevin's old boys/girls/woman's footy club. Reminds me of the Blues Brothers Good old Boys country And western band. :) Just saying.

1/4 time: Fitzroy-ACU 1.3.9 SKOBs Saints 0.3.3.
1/2 time: Fitzroy-ACU 3.3.21 SKOBs Saints 1.3.9.
3/4 time: Fitzroy-ACU 5.5.35 SKOBs Saints 1.3.9.
Final : Fitzroy-ACU 7.6.48 defeated SKOBs Saints 2.3.15.
Sorry.
Final : Fitzroy-ACU 7.6.48 defeated SKOBs Saints 2.3.15

Sorry.
What did I do wrong ... and WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ALIGNED WITH MT BULLER!

What did I do wrong ... and WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ALIGNED WITH MT BULLER!
You didn't do anything thing wrong mate, I just didn't want to take up the thread as it was all about the ladies and their win well done. I just registered and Van-Dyke ask me to join Dee's ,It was that simple , nothing in it.:)
That final score again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The battle of midfield on mudfield in perspective

Keith Frearson, deceased, World War 11 RAAF Lancaster navigator (D.F.C.) and afterwards respected lecturer to cohorts of students at Melbourne and Monash Universities, the latter where he retired as Associate Professor of Economics, himself, would, should he have been inclined to talk about it, tell you the state of the field, named in his honour upon which the match between Monash and Fitzroy was played Saturday prior to last week’s bye, was nothing compared to the state of the battlefields over which he flew including Dresden where he saw hell unmentionable. He told me once, nearly four decades ago, as a result of this horror he later made a dozen or so life friends dotted about the world upon which he could call at any time of need and they would come to him as he would to them in the reverse scenario. Most of us, if we thought about it, would hope and be happy to have half as many in whom we’d have such unshakeable lifelong faith.

In football the friendships may be more fleeting but Fitzroy and indeed Monash had players on the Saturday stated that gave their all for team and mates in heavy going. We were treated therefore, because of the freedom fought for by Keith Frearson’s , other passed generations and those that have and continue to serve since, to not really a “do or die” battle but one as exhorted by Coach Mitchell of grit and grind with courage and bravery nonetheless.

Should both teams continue to win their final three home and away fixtures then the happy result will be that we’ll meet again ,we will know where and we will know when and we know we'll meet again some sunny(September) day as the fallen and survivors of war could only through unshakeable faith hope for .
http://www.bing.com/videos/searchq=we%27ll+meet+again+lyrics&&view=detail&mid=5793F5406561CD5293055793F5406561CD529305&rvsmid=5793F5406561CD5293055793F5406561CD529305&fsscr=0&FORM=VDMCNL

The epitome of the game was the midfield contest between our Sam Baker (14 kicks, 2 marks, 7 handballs, 2 frees for, 7- 1%ers,1 Goal assist ,1 behind, 3 LMS (Leigh Matthews Stat - throw the ball back to the umpire being the player on the bottom of a pack after a stoppage),6 sacrificial acts (eg tackled going to ground delay handpass until second tackler grabs and thereby releases our free player for a receive)and 4 tackles. His opponent the mightily named Maddison Hardiman # 29 gathered 14 kicks, 1 mark, 3 handballs, 2 frees against, 3- 1%ers,1 Goal assist ,1 goal, ,4 sacrificial acts and 8 hitouts (6 in the last quarter) as second up ruckman. The 2 point margin on the scoreboard reflected accurately the narrow difference between these two sterling performances.

Two others deserve mention for their interception abilities, shown last Saturday previous and all year, namely Luke Edwards and Peter Bacanello. Whilst not the stars in the team it is their ability to intercept at crucial times which inspires their teammates who appreciate these qualities and back them to the hilt thus making a star side. I’m reminded of what one player can do with the support and faith of his teammates and personified in this attached grid iron clip interception by James Harrison in Super Bowl XLIII -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxSFBHbA80&feature=player_embedded

Will we see such an interception if we make finals? Time will tell or as Yoda might say ‘Tell will time’.

Our next opponent Beaumaris shares our performance over the last eleven games i.e. 8W 1D 2L both only bettered by St Bede’s 9W 2 L. The boys understand that to play Beaumaris again they must win on Saturday. The equation is as elegant as it is simple. Three games or six? ,four games or six?, five games or six?; as cartoon character Bill Dauterive in the episode ‘Bills were made to be broken’ of the King of the Hill series says in his Texas/Cajun cross drawl “Bleed, embolism ,stroke they sound kind of scary but when you see the goal line – they’re just words”. Anita has shown the way; our womens’ team, with Elizabeth Olney best yesterday, also. Can the Royboys follow?.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/tv/episodeguide/king_of_the_hill_s4_e03/#

gO rOY Girls and Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back