2016 - who would and wouldn't you want to support this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Question for you all? assume for a moment our Lions don't exist. Loving the changing landscape this year and there are some really interesting points of discussion arising.

What team would you like least to support right now (be most pissed of as a supporter)?

Freo, Richmond, Pies, Port?

What team would you like to support most (be the most stoked following)

Dogs, Adelaide, Gold Coast, GWS?

For me for the first... it would be Richmond - after threatening for so long and such a long term/ slow build, to fall over now would just be so freaking annoying/ devastating. Not A lot of upside bar a few injuries, not well placed for a mini re-build.

And for the second... whilst most would say Dogs, I am going to go with the Crows, given the adversity you would just be beaming with pride right now, and they are such a well drilled solid outfit, amazing control off half back - can win a flag this year.

Question for you all? assume for a moment our Lions don't exist. Loving the changing landscape this year and there are some really interesting points of discussion arising.

What team would you like least to support right now (be most pissed of as a supporter)?

For me for the first... it would be Richmond - after threatening for so long and such a long term/ slow build, to fall over now would just be so freaking annoying/ devastating. Not A lot of upside bar a few injuries, not well placed for a mini re-build.

And for the second... whilst most would say Dogs, I am going to go with the Crows, given the adversity you would just be beaming with pride right now, and they are such a well drilled solid outfit, amazing control off half back - can win a flag this year.
I'd say Freo and Dogs/Adelaide.

Freo are are about to/have fallen off the cliff drastically. Second oldest list in footy and they're stone motherless last. Expectations were high and they're coming off the minor premiership. Doesn't get much more bleak than that.

If the Lions never existed I would have just inherited my dad's Geelong fandom.

If the Lions were shut down tomorrow, after a protracted mourning period of heartbreak I'd probably nominally follow GWS but my support would be very shallow and unemotional. I'd probably be cheering more for the demise of Gillon McLachlan.

I'd say Freo and Dogs/Adelaide.

Freo are are about to/have fallen off the cliff drastically. Second oldest list in footy and they're stone motherless last. Expectations were high and they're coming off the minor premiership. Doesn't get much more bleak than that.

Agree on Freo - Just think their list can be renovated, with Guys like Fyfe you can never go to far wrong, though having just signed Lyon for 5 years, it will be interesting to see if he is a rebuild coach, i'd guess if things go too far wrong, their might be a mutual departure and he will take over another list primed to contend.

Yeah my question was less about 'who you would follow if there wasn't brisbane' and more about who you think it would best the most awesome or sucking to follow our of the bolters and the sliders this year.. I don't think it was written very well, should have just been who is the most impressive / disappointing I think HAHA

Angry: Freo- To be expecting a top 4 finish and potentially a flag and have your side slide all the way to the bottom 4 would be painful especially when you consider the fact that they will probably need another full re build before competing again now.

Stoked: Crows- They are playing an exciting brand of football and look like a genuinely good football side and they are going to go on a fun journey this year.

If the Lions never existed I would have just inherited my dad's Geelong fandom.

If the Lions were shut down tomorrow, after a protracted mourning period of heartbreak I'd probably nominally follow GWS but my support would be very shallow and unemotional. I'd probably be cheering more for the demise of Gillon McLachlan.
Interesting. I would have followed the Cats as well considering my father liked them as a league supporter. He still tells me the only reason he started watching aussie rules is because of Gary Ablett senior... Took him a year to realise the Bears existed :rolleyes:

If lions arent in the comp. I prob wouldn't watch any games apart from anzac day and grand final. Love my lions.

Gdub or the Dees(used to love seeing them get flogged now I enjoy watching them beat the likes of Collingwood)

Freo, Richmond, Port, Pies....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pissed = Pies especially after pre-season hype and, Port especially after 2014....
Stoked = Doggies and Crows, really attractive game style (imo anyway)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back