2016 WTA Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, she did. Anyone know what the problem was?

(I was just having a bit of fun at the expense of all the Genie lovers that appear to be in abundance on this board ;) )

Stosur an Gavrilova out now too.

Ab problem.

Stephens was just too powerful for Gavrilova.

Dasha was just outclassed in the end. still a good game and tournament for her.

as for Sam.........one can not find the words on how bad that match was. particularly Stosur. I will give it a shot. it was like watching Richmond Collingwood last week but that is way too harsh on both of them.

I physically still don't understand how Sam loses to errani. Her kick serve should just dwarf her. Mind doesn't compute. Memories of their RG semi coming to mind....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charleston Open (WTA Premier) - Sloane Stephens defeats Elena Vesnina 7-6 6-2.
Katowice Open (WTA International) - Dominika Cibulkova defeats Camila Giorgi 6-4 6-0.

This week's tournaments (Week of April 11):

Copa Colsanitas (WTA International)
Seeded players:
1). Elina Svitolina
2). Teliana Ferreira
3). Mariana Duque Marino
4). Lara Arruabarrena
5). Irina Falconi
6). Tatjana Maria
7). Lourdes Dominguez Lino
8). Anna Tatishvili

Copa Colsanitas (WTA International) - Irina Falconi defeats Silvia Soler Espinosa 6-2 2-6 6-4.

This week's tournaments (Week of April 18):

Stuttgart Open (WTA Premier):
Seeded players:
1). Agnieszka Radwanska
2). Angelique Kerber
3). Garbine Muguruza
4). Simona Halep
5). Petra Kvitova
6). Roberta Vinci
7). Carla Suarez Navarro
8). Lucie Safarova

Istanbul Cup (WTA International)
Seeded players:
1). Anna Karolina Schmiedlova
2). Yanina Wickmayer
3). Lesia Tsurenko
4). Kirsten Flipkens
5). Danka Kovinic
6). Nao Hibino
7). Kateryna Bondarenko
8). Johanna Larsson

noticed Sara Tomic tried to qualify for Istanbul. lost in straight sets to a Georges(not the good Georges)

my big question for the week, Can Anna Karolina Schmiedlova get her first win on the circuit since sydney. think both number 1 seeds are very vulnerable to an early exit. Aga has been injured and withdrew from her home tournament and the Fed Cup tie in Poland in the last 2 weeks.

Hingis/Mirza made their 1st final since winning @ St Petersburg after going 1:1 in Doha, IW and Miami. They lost 6-2 1-6 6-10 to Garcia/Mladenovic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back