Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Great. So a competition that already sees a 60-70% drop in crowd figures when compared to regular H&A games will hamper any chance of us getting even a half decent crowd in by compromising our loudest and proudest fans

Even a small group in the shed makes a bloody decent noise. They sound amazing no matter where you sit

Wonder what would happen if we opted to use Dorrien Gardnes for the AFC games? Would the whole grass section be out of limits? Or will be required to put seating in? Asking for a friend

So, apparently, if we make the ACL, we won't be able to use The Shed for home games as it is standing only which is against AFC rules.
Who has said this? There doesn't seem to be anything like that in the Stadia regulations for the ACL (although I could only find the 2012 one). The only mention of seating etc is:

Chapter 6: Spectator-related areas 29. Stands and spectator facilities:
a) Each stand within the Stadia must be capable of being divided into separate sectors.
b) Seats for spectators must be individual, fixed (eg. to the floor), separated from one another, shaped, numbered, made of an unbreakable and non-flammable material and have a backrest of a minimum height of 30cm when measured from the seat.
c) The use of temporary stands is prohibited.

If true, seems silly.

38.1: All spectators shall be seated.

53648558_1852371494867190_7098186501845942272_n.jpg

Dorrien Gardens for AFC would be farcical. Then again, so is having no shed available.

The AFC Champions league has so much potential but never capitalises

Newcastle has hosted both ACL and Asian Cup matches. Their stadium isnt an all seater.

Using NIB isn't a problem- it's the shed that is the problem. They just have to close the shed and utilise the rest of the stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Using NIB isn't a problem- it's the shed that is the problem. They just have to close the shed and utilise the rest of the stadium.
Just have the shed behind the goals like they usually do just on seats instead this time. Whilst not ideal, would still allow the Shed to still be there

That is what they will end up doing. The only thing that annoys me about that is the roof above the shed amplifies the sound so it sounds louder.
Yeah but not much else you can do if they are the rules. Just don’t see it as that much of an issue. We won’t get many to those games anyway

I reckon we'll get a decent crowd for the first 1 or 2 at least. Perth people are notorious for turning up to a novelty event.
Yeah that’s true. I mean we’ve never had ACL here before and depends on opponent too. The marketing from Glory needs to be on the improve though to get people in, perhaps discounted tickets too initially, instead of posters in coffee shops.

Do teams get drawn in sections of Asia? I noticed Sydney and Victory are only playing east Asian teams and no Middle East teams. Is that done on purpose?

Do teams get drawn in sections of Asia? I noticed Sydney and Victory are only playing east Asian teams and no Middle East teams. Is that done on purpose?
Yeah they divide the draw into East and West zones.

1552631379494.png
Given the numbers Aus teams are pretty odds on the be drawn against a Chinese, Korean and Japanese team (in Fact, given no teams from the same country can be drawn together I think Australian teams are certainties to play teams from those countries).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back