Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Optus Stadium was pretty fun. I think the 56k there made a good atmosphere out of what was a pretty abysmal game so props to everyone who came. Special mention to the boys in the Shed who were in fine voice all game, very proud. Read some floggos on reddit giving us s**t because so many fans left right after. Guess we were meant to stay and cheer on Sydney lifting the trophy? :rolleyes:

I can only assume starting Chianese over Keogh was some sort of attempt at a coaching masterclass by poppa because to me it looks like he tried to experiment at exactly the wrong time and it cost us.

Davidson true motm

Santalab can * off to retirement the useless utter ******* moron. I believe Reddy is also quite a mediocre keeper and wouldn't mind him moving on.

I still like finals but nights like last night you can see why people hate them. Best team all season and yet it feels like it was all for nothing.

I stopped following Glory after Alastair Edwards got sacked and the boys club got supported instead of a forward looking coach. The aftermath of that decision was good young players being left on the sidelines for average hacks. Brandon O'Neill was one of the young, local players that couldn't get a look in under Kenny Lowe and ended up at Sydney. He played well last night and won another title.

Optus Stadium was pretty fun. I think the 56k there made a good atmosphere out of what was a pretty abysmal game so props to everyone who came. Special mention to the boys in the Shed who were in fine voice all game, very proud. Read some floggos on reddit giving us **** because so many fans left right after. Guess we were meant to stay and cheer on Sydney lifting the trophy? :rolleyes:

I can only assume starting Chianese over Keogh was some sort of attempt at a coaching masterclass by poppa because to me it looks like he tried to experiment at exactly the wrong time and it cost us.

Davidson true motm

Santalab can **** off to retirement the useless utter ******* moron. I believe Reddy is also quite a mediocre keeper and wouldn't mind him moving on.

I still like finals but nights like last night you can see why people hate them. Best team all season and yet it feels like it was all for nothing.
Two more years of Liam Reddy mate. Get ready for more average keeper skills being hidden by our monster defence.

I stopped following Glory after Alastair Edwards got sacked and the boys club got supported instead of a forward looking coach. The aftermath of that decision was good young players being left on the sidelines for average hacks. Brandon O'Neill was one of the young, local players that couldn't get a look in under Kenny Lowe and ended up at Sydney. He played well last night and won another title.

Anyone other than that little Irish accented flog that didn't grow up in Ireland?

McLaren is about the only one who wasn't getting a run that has done well elsewhere.

Anyone other than that little Irish accented flog that didn't grow up in Ireland?

McLaren is about the only one who wasn't getting a run that has done well elsewhere.

He did play well last didn't he ?

O'Neill has made the Australian squad, has been in the A league team of the year, has won 3 titles and the FFA cup since he wasn't considered good enough to get a game for a Glory side that was atrocious. But sure, make fun of his accent.

McClaren has been picked for Australia since too.

The whole culture of what was wrong cannot be dismissed so easily. The fact that Jacob Burns still has a role at the club after holding them back is reason I walked away and the reason I was so pleased last night.

He was OK. Like Rhyan Grant he made the Australian squad because he plays for Sydney FC not because he's a star. Players do also improve in their 20s.

Jacob Burns is a flog but it seems petty to want the team you allegedly supported to lose.

Not allegedly and not petty. After suffering through the Ferguson era, we had a chance to modernise and even announced a youth policy and it lasted weeks until Jacob Burns and his boy's club sent us backwards to Kenny Lowe.

And now we've just won the Premier's Plate and hosted a Grand Final.

Yep. Did really well with Popovich in charge. He is quality. Not supporting a club that has a wrecking ball like Jacob Burns being rewarded for sending us backwards.

It's fine. Really. You can support them, I won't.

You can call it petty. Call it a dummy spit. That's fine. My dummy spit won't damage the club like Burns' did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was my first Glory game, been following them since the A league began just didnt get around to seeing them at NIB. Ive seen tons of football in Uk, Use to live around the Corner from Barnet when they were in the third Division. Also seen Arsenal and England play, i so missed watching Football Live altough it wasnt the result i wanted i still enjoyed the day. Im grateful for Optus and getting a chance to go and I think on the whole it has given a lot of people more of a chance to see live sport. I will be going to NIB next season with out a doubt would love to be close to the shed. what prob would be good going foward is having a couple 1-2 home games at optus they would have to market the s**t out of it. it would give the players a chance to play there and a chance to grab a few extra casual fans

The A-league needs to have a serious look at the finals format at sensible time in the off season. Every year people aren't happy with the premiers/champions thing and the final 6 setup.

Sour grapes from anyone saying boo hiss we're the real champs etc now. Everyone knew the deal going in and the finals series overall was excellent.

The A-league needs to have a serious look at the finals format at sensible time in the off season. Every year people aren't happy with the premiers/champions thing and the final 6 setup.

Sour grapes from anyone saying boo hiss we're the real champs etc now. Everyone knew the deal going in and the finals series overall was excellent.

I'm fine with it until promotion/relegation kicks in and has time to show that it is viable. Without the finals, the last few weeks of this season would have been boring as everyone knew we were finishing top for a good few months before the season ended. The finals give the other teams fighting for a top 6 spot and a home final something to play for.

Eventually, we are going to have to break from Australian sporting tradition and ditch the finals system, but I don't think that time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back