Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Of course it is money related. He was probably offered a decent chunk of change and at his age, it was too good to turn down.

I doubt it has anything to do with Poppa. Nobody really knows what happened with Keogh. Spiranovic might stay. Davidson was always going to be hard to keep a hold of as is Ikon who I don't expect to be at the club after this season.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Of course it is money related. He was probably offered a decent chunk of change and at his age, it was too good to turn down.

I doubt it has anything to do with Poppa. Nobody really knows what happened with Keogh. Spiranovic might stay. Davidson was always going to be hard to keep a hold of as is Ikon who I don't expect to be at the club after this season.
Yeah Lowry is 29 but I guess I thought coming so close last year, some players would want to stay and give it another go for the ultimate success.

Aug 29, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Glory
Playing so well last season and finishing top of the league by a lot put our players in the shop window, which probably hasn't happened as much in the past with mid-table finishes. Comes with success that others, some with more cash, want our players.

I'm still bullish on our chances this year. Fornaroli, Castro and Ikon is a pretty scary front three, and no doubt Popa will have our defence looking solid soon enough.

If we could somehow convince Sainsbury to come home since he is surplus to requirements at PSV, it would make up for losing Spira if he doesn't re-sign.

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Interesting to see that former Roar Scholarship player and Australian under 17 captain Bryce Bafford played for us last night still just 18 years and by the reports seemed to be up and about last night. Seems he has played mainly as a striker but last night, apparently, was on the wing. A Perth boy, so would be good to have him back.

Warland played again, and now I see he is on the website: https://www.perthglory.com.au/player/riley-warland#!/overview.

Did anyone get down?

72070314_10157744894758960_2729593012442103808_n.jpg

Aug 29, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Glory
The kit publicity yesterday got me excited for the season ahead!

Just hoping our new-look defence has had the chance to gel and that Ikonomidis is fit and ready to go.

Fornaroli would surely be pumped to play a competitive game.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
It probably was right but instead of seeing 2 5 second clips of the decision i wanted to see the whole thing.

O'Donavan looked to be starting from an offside position.

Call was right. He was on. All we had to do was clear it and the whistle goes.

Brisbane deserved that. They were all over us in the 2nd half. Midfield was sloppy but we should have taken our chances in the 1st half.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
9,829 at the game today.
Pretty disappointing turn out.
Was expecting at least 12,000

Back