Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t watch (actually haven’t watched all season as am on holiday) but from reports, we have been outplayed by most sides
I've watched them all so far. First half against Brisbane we dominated the play but apart from the goal didn't look too much like scoring. Second half we were very under the pump. They deserved the point they got. Against Western United we were once again dominant in the first half, but it looked more even in the second. That said, while Diamanti looked like he could open us up at any moment we again didn't seem to have much cohesion going forward. Agree with the above re Wellington game. We were dominant in the first half bar the first five minutes. Should have been further in front. Second half we opened up a bit but were probably still the better side until the last ten minutes or so. Even then didn't really look like conceding until the dumb penalty.

So my hope is that the second half fades are more a fitness issue and that is why they are becoming less dramatic. This week it looked a lot more cohesive from Ikon, Castro and Fornaroli so long may that continue. Franjic back made a difference as well, it seemed to allow Kim more freedom and he played his best game for us though I still imagine he will drop out when Meredith is back. All in all so far there are positive signs but I have always been an optimist.

Defence was piss poor. Malik is terrible. Tratt is okay but his mistake was inexcusable. We really miss Lowry, Spira, and Mrcela. Hopefully Wuthrich is okay. The attack looks ordinary when in possession and great when on the counter. Hopefully Merideth is back soon because Kim is not very good.

I have no idea how we didn't nick one in the second half and get at least a point.

Tratt is ******* s**t.

Been on for a few minutes and was a complete gimp to concede a 2nd.

I don't mind Tratt. His mistake was awful but the other defenders (Malik) just watched it happen and showed no urgency in covering. Lazy defending on both goals.

Our attack really needs something more than 'stand around watching Castro dribble'

Defence was piss poor. Malik is terrible. Tratt is okay but his mistake was inexcusable. We really miss Lowry, Spira, and Mrcela. Hopefully Wuthrich is okay. The attack looks ordinary when in possession and great when on the counter. Hopefully Merideth is back soon because Kim is not very good.

I have no idea how we didn't nick one in the second half and get at least a point.
What's happened with Mrcela?

Wuthrich got subbed cause he was on a yellow and wasn’t playing well according to Poppa.

I didn’t watch the game but like I said, I get the feeling the squad is severely weaker than last year barring the front three.

Also, each week, the subs are mind numbingly different. Harold one week, then Brimmer. His kids are basically only two regular bench players. Where’s Chianese? Wilson? (Not sure if on international)

Chianese is a much better starting option than Kim. Our squad stability last year was superb. This year not so much. When you lose four defenders including three walk up starters, that's bound to happen.

Brimmer was getting some decent game time last season so I don't know what the deal is this season so far.

Chianese is a much better starting option than Kim. Our squad stability last year was superb. This year not so much. When you lose four defenders including three walk up starters, that's bound to happen.

Brimmer was getting some decent game time last season so I don't know what the deal is this season so far.
Yeah it’s understandable. You’ve had Lowry, Spira gone and Dino coming back from ACL and a year older. Grant hardly played last year. Mrcela would be ideal but he’s super injury prone and so is Grant. Malik and Tratt don’t strike me as super reliable and I haven’t seen Wuthrich before but he’s probably our best one out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry everyone but last year was our chance and we blew up the potato farm.

Grant should never have been booked once, let alone twice, Malik is shite, our midfield lacks the polish of last season and they're does not appear to be much direction on gameday. Kim is also a meh signing.

I miss Davidson, Spiranovic & Lowry.

Ref was dog s**t. Grant shouldn't have had either yellow. Jets bloke should have been off. You can't jump 6 foot off the ground and knee a bloke in the face. Midfield was the usual s**t. Nobody wants to shoot. No movement up front. Still look clueless. Still can't defend.

At this stage, I will be staggered if we finish in the top 6 with the ACL to come.

Funny it saved your asses in the Grand Final last year.

I am on the record for saying I wish it hadn't have. A goal is exactly what the game needed.

The game on Saturday still has me feeling bitter and angry about it all. More than the grand final last year. I just cannot believe the events that unfolded. Even Kilkenny's yellow card five minutes after the incident that was only seen because the Sydney bloke went down like he'd been shot. Everything about Saturday has me feeling very angry.

Anyone got any insight as to when the new Glory jerseys will be released at Rebel? Got some Rebel vouchers I want to use on the the new jersey but not seeing anything online or in store yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back