Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back Glory Days with Basil. And Super Soccer in the West.

I'm not sure if Glory are a victim of greater A-League coverage or have benefited from it. Back in the day the odd game was on ABC, then Channel 7 had it and never broadcast it properly etc. If the team was away at busted arse Gippsland Falcons or something the best you could hope for was a radio call on 6PR.

Now all games are live in HD on Fox so assuming you'll pay for Fox/Kayo there's plenty of coverage and the A-League gets a run on Fox Sports News, Sunday Shootout etc. just none of the coverage is local. I reckon there's a few people who don't go to games because it's easier to just watch on TV. And the same goes for the Western Force. The Wildcats are consistently better supported than anyone else in the NBL, but RAC Arena is a drawcard and they always make the playoffs. Hopefully there's a bit more hype this year if Glory stay on top and have a home semi final.

There media coverage just isn't there in this state. I have to actively search for anything A league related

Online I haven't seen anything much at all posted glory related (at least A-League anyway) on watoday for a looooong time

thewest.com.au does alright thanks to our mate Nick Taylor and Perthnow does alright too

Other than that, it's all eastern states based media incl. foxsports, which, while they cover the club quite well (thanks to us winning so often), that doesn't mean much FTA coverage other than after the wildcats/scorchers/bbl. Sunday's ABC buletin, for example, had us *after* the Wildcats and the BBL final (albeit the final was actually on the Sunday - as were the wildcats). And of course, Perth weren't even in the BBL finals - let alone the final - but it shows how much the media pump it up (as stated in a previous post)

The FTA media have started to give us a little more coverage, but it's just footnotes as far as I can tell

On the flipside the back of the SMH was Sam Kerr for the W-League Grand Final, but that doesn't do much for the fans over here - let alone trying to reach more potential A-League fans to help us hope for crowds in the low-mid teens as opposed to hoping for reaching 10K

Edit: missed out on specifying watoday. oops

Last edited:

Yep. He should have saved it and someone should have closed Elrich down quicker.
too right.
Poxy goal to concede, a real scrubber.
Koegh should`ve put us out of sight in the 60th minute too, weak attempt at a finish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ its been a poor performance, completely forgot there is a offside rule.

Ref has been a knob but we really have been poor.

Bring back Glory Days with Basil. And Super Soccer in the West.

I'm not sure if Glory are a victim of greater A-League coverage or have benefited from it. Back in the day the odd game was on ABC, then Channel 7 had it and never broadcast it properly etc. If the team was away at busted arse Gippsland Falcons or something the best you could hope for was a radio call on 6PR.

Now all games are live in HD on Fox so assuming you'll pay for Fox/Kayo there's plenty of coverage and the A-League gets a run on Fox Sports News, Sunday Shootout etc. just none of the coverage is local. I reckon there's a few people who don't go to games because it's easier to just watch on TV. And the same goes for the Western Force. The Wildcats are consistently better supported than anyone else in the NBL, but RAC Arena is a drawcard and they always make the playoffs. Hopefully there's a bit more hype this year if Glory stay on top and have a home semi final.

It's true though, I avoided Subicao like the plague because of how terrible the ground was, could count on one hand how many games I went to there over the last 10 years. However, with the new stadium being amazing, I went to 7 games last season and will probably try to get to all 10 this season. It's just night and day what a difference it makes having a great game day experience makes.

Perth Oval is crappy make shift ground and always has been. Western Force and Glory should have put forward to the State Government to have a purposely built 20-25k seater rectangle stadium built to be shared.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back