NFL 2017-18 AFC Championship game - Jacksonville at New England (7.05am Monday AEDT)

Who wins

• Jacksonville 1-10

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Jacksonville 11+

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • New England 1-10

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • New England 11+

Votes: 22 33.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean Bill Belichick yeah?

Who made the call to kick and then play conservative in Miami and go for 4th downs in Denver

* those fourth downs! Twice! (And that missed XP)

Regardless one of the best game I have seen.

Not sure how you can watch the game and hold Brady with the disregard you do, he may as well have played with no O-line with the cente Brian Stork giving away the snap counts, and he just kept getting up and going again.

One of the toughest performances in sport.

Also how anyone could watch the game and not realize that’s Gronk is the best TE to have had played.

Nevertheless you guys thoroughly deserved it- just still upsets me!

**** those fourth downs! Twice! (And that missed XP)

Regardless one of the best game I have seen.

Not sure how you can watch the game and hold Brady with the disregard you do, he may as well have played with no O-line with the cente Brian Stork giving away the snap counts, and he just kept getting up and going again.

One of the toughest performances in sport.

Also how anyone could watch the game and not realize that’s Gronk is the best TE to have had played.

Nevertheless you guys thoroughly deserved it- just still upsets me!
I don't hold Brady with disregard. He is absolutely tough and I think he is probably one of the 5 or 6 best QB's ever and has probably the greatest career ever as a QB (yes, which makes him the GOAT I've already said this), especially if he wins MVP and another ring this year. I don't think that's an unfair opinion.

Putting guys like Marino, Manning, Rodgers, etc. ahead of him is not disrespectful it's just fact in my mind, he can't do what some other guys could. He is still right up there.

He's right there with Montana and Elway below those other three

Gotta listen to Colin Cowherd who is doing his best Ken Bruce impression here...

Smh...Does Colin know that the Jags can still lose and you can collect off a +9.5 bet?

BTW, line has come in a point since Monday, now +8.5

2018 AFC Championship Preview - (3) Jacksonville Jaguars @ (1) New England Patriots:

The New England Patriots are in the midst of the easiest Super Bowl path in modern NFL history. Even easier than their 2011/12 playoff run where they demolished the weak 8-8 Denver Broncos lead by Tim Tebow, and then struggled against a tough but mistake-ridden 12-4 Baltimore Ravens team, before eventually falling to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLVI. Interestingly enough, I see this as a very similar run to that one, and a game here which will be much the same as the 2012 AFC Championship was, in which the Patriots won 23-20 as Billy Cundiff missed a 32-yard game tying FG attempt as time expired - just following a dropped touchdown by Lee Evans.

The Jaguars hold the keys to beating Brady here. A front four who can bring heat without needing to blitz, and a secondary which can lock down Brady's options. The Patriots are 3-4 in the playoffs when Brady throws at least one interception and is sacked at least three times. You'd be a fool to think that scenario is not a strong possibility in this one.

As always, look for Rob Gronkowski to make a big impact on the outcome of this game. If you were looking for the weakest part in the Jags vaunted defence, you would say their LB corps. However, the Jaguars only gave up a receiving touchdown to a TE in four games this year. Keeping Gronk's production down and in particular in the red zone where he is so dangerous will go a long way to forcing New England into FG attempts and ultimately keeping them to as low a score as possible. One area in which the Patriots will almost certainly look to attack the Jaguars is through using their ever reliable HB's as receiving options both out of the backfield and split out in the slot and out wide. Whilst the Patriots WR's are the perfect fit for their offence, I don't see them having a huge impact in this game being mostly nullified by Jacksonville's secondary.

IF the Jaguars can stay disciplined defensively, and not give up big plays to those backs as we saw in the 2nd half of Super Bowl LI, then this looks to be a time of possession dominated game with both teams needing to have the temperament to put together long sustained drives if they wish to put the ball in the end zone. This could favour Jacksonville with their top ranked run game.

At the end of the day, I don't believe the Jaguars will have that temperament if they are trailing down the stretch, which they most likely will be. Jacksonville's ability to hit deep plays against the Steelers is what cemented their win in Pittsburgh. It seems improbable that Bill Belichick will allow those big plays to eventuate in this one, and with a good enough bend-but-don't-break defensive formula, the Patriots can limit Jacksonville's few red zone trips to FG attempts, and prey on Blake Bortles' eventual mistakes which will break the game open for them. It would take the game of Bortles' life to pull this one out of the bag.

If the Jaguars aren't able to force multiple turnovers defensively, I fail to see the Jaguars finding a way to win here. I think they will find one short field off of a New England special teams mistake or a Brady fumble which allows them to score an easy touchdown, but I don't think it will be enough at the end of the day.

Brady will struggle in this one I feel. The Jaguars defence posses the perfect formula to give him hell. He'll have a touchdown and a pick or two, but will lead a game sealing FG drive in the 4th giving the Pats an insurmountable two score lead with under five minutes to go.

JAX: 3B7B17B0 - 17
JNE: 7B3B10B6 - 26

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tnacchty3ua01.jpg

Smh...Does Colin know that the Jags can still lose and you can collect off a +9.5 bet?

BTW, line has come in a point since Monday, now +8.5

I'm sure he does... he is stating that it's too excessive but it's the way Vegas roll. The Jags D isn't as good as the stats / rankings state. The Pats will do their homework and won't concede a ridiculous number like my 'middle of the road D' at best... Patricia will do something that he usually does and that's respect the opposition by playing man-on-man coverage instead of zone. Pats will get it done. Their O-line is unheralded.

I find amusing that bandwagon Pats fans are counting SB rings.. REALLY?? o_O

That's like claiming the neighbour has an exotic car and you own that also. What a bunch of tossers. Rule of thumb: If you don't experience it first hand, STFU and stop being a W@NKER!! I never needed to mention the Steelers history of the 70's and didn't even know at the time when I chose them that they had 4 SB wins.. sure, it's all knowledge and whatnot but barely worth talking up again. Piss weak angle of discussion. Btw... who was the LT of Brady's early success?? :D:D:D:D:D:D F***** idiots don't even know that!!

Brady hurt

He'll be ok.. he is delicate as we all know but smart enough to get over it by the time game day arrives. If he gets mauled by the Jags D, that could be trouble.. that's where the game is won/ lost... like A-Rod and make him pay with a lick... get to him early and the game is good as WON. Brady is human after all.

He'll be ok.. he is delicate as we all know but smart enough to get over it by the time game day arrives. If he gets mauled by the Jags D, that could be trouble.. that's where the game is won/ lost... like A-Rod and make him pay with a lick... get to him early and the game is good as WON. Brady is human after all.
This is a big turn around from your last post on the Jags D :D

Nah it's always been Nate Solder. Matt Light is a figment of imagination.:D

Worth mentioning that when you bring physicality to NE, they can certainly feel it... as was the case to Matt Light suffering a broken leg in Week 3 of 2005 (yes, against the Steelers). If the Jags DC is DEAD DET SERIOUS in winning, needs to bring a new level of NASTINESS to the CC that will obliterate the Pats.

Back