List Mgmt. 2017-18 Carlton and AFL - List Changes, Key Dates and More

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

The purpose of this thread is simply to provide a one stop resource for all of the key information related to the 2017/18 AFL list changes both incoming and outgoing across the AFL. Obviously, there is a heavy Carlton direction here.

KEY THREADS

Please aim your discussion to the following discussion threads and only post a fresh rumor in the non-discussion rumor file.

Bluemour Discussion

Bluemour File (no discussion)

Draft Discussion

List Management Discussion

Please only post in this thread if you've seen fresh news pertaining to something that can be updated within this post.

upload_2017-10-21_14-35-13.png

upload_2017-10-21_12-53-25.png

upload_2017-10-19_18-17-25.png

upload_2017-10-19_18-17-47.png

Note: this is strictly my best estimation. If there is a more favorable best recommendation PM me and I'll happily update the list.

upload_2017-10-21_12-50-5.png

upload_2017-10-21_12-49-13.png

upload_2017-10-19_18-37-49.png

2017 NAB AFL Draft

2017 NAB Pre-Season & Rookie Drafts

KEY DATES
(singular dates to be removed after they expire)

upload_2017-10-19_18-38-33.png

Last edited:
Updated rumors with latest Jacob Hopper (Brett Anderson) and Bryce Gibbs/Brad Crouch (sheephead) information as posted in the Bluemour file (no discussion) thread

Hi all

The purpose of this thread is simply to provide a one stop resource for all of the key information related to the 2017/18 AFL list changes both incoming and outgoing across the AFL. Obviously, there is a heavy Carlton direction here.

KEY THREADS

Please aim your discussion to the following discussion threads and only post a fresh rumor in the non-discussion rumor file.

Bluemour Discussion

Bluemour File (no discussion)

Draft Discussion

List Management Discussion

Please only post in this thread if you've seen fresh news pertaining to something that can be updated within this post.

View attachment 408583
View attachment 408584

CONFIRMED 2018 ADDITIONS (to be added throughout FA/trade/draft periods)

View attachment 408586
Note: this is strictly my best estimation. If there is a more favorable best recommendation PM me and I'll happily update the list.

View attachment 408688

View attachment 408593

CONFIRMED AFL Delistings
(to be added as they are announced)

CONFIRMED AFL Free Agency (to be added as it occurs)

CONFIRMED AFL Trades (to be added as they occur)

2017 NAB AFL Draft (draft order to be posted when announced)

2017 NAB Pre-Season & Rookie Drafts (to be added as announced)

KEY DATES
(singular dates to be removed after they expire)

View attachment 408607

FINAL NOTE

I'd like to apologize for the JPG images of MS Word tables. Unfortunately, I don't believe you can create tables on the board that would serve the purpose required. If I'm incorrect on this front and somebody can either teach me or allow me or a mod to cut and paste the information then that would be fantastic.

GO BLUES!
Great summation!

Cheers

Update: Mike Sheehan's Daisy Thomas rumor update.

Previously updated earlier today thanks to zeeCFC Matt Korcheck update.

Update: ericpascoe news (rumor): KJ and Rhys Palmer delisted by the end of the week

Update #2: Added Eric's educated guesses to the rumor section. TBH they're all expected.

Last edited:
Key dates for Carlton:

3/10 - 6/10 - A couple no-name kids do very little testing at national combine due to shoulder injuries
Mid-Oct - TheCoach16 tells us about a conversation with a random hairy man. Tony Lynn 15 replies that he's never met TheCoach16
6/10 @ 09:01 - Levi offered FA deal
6/10 @ 09:07 - Levi deal not matched (fax transmission takes about 5 mins)
9/10 @ 09:02 - Gibbs traded to Adelaide for something that could have been orchestrated last year
9/10 @ 09:05 - Balic to Carlton
9/10 @ 9:06 to 19/10 @ 1:49 - NOTHING*
19/10 @ 1:50 - Carlton do 7 last minute, unexpected, convoluted trades in order to...
19/10 @ 1:53 - Carlton unexpectedly trade in a couple of kids on the fringe at the former teams
19:10 @ 1:59 - Carlton use picks from preceding trades to secure many former high pick and/or injured GWS players.......plus Ryan Griffin
1/11 - Carlton picks up a left-field DFA
24/11 - SOS picks up his highest rated kid with the #3 pick and uses his late picks to pick up sliders, mature age state players and some no-name kids that had shoulder injuries at the national combine

*well, nothing happens except for Carlton fans lamenting another year of not landing a big fish and instead rehashing conversations about banked salary caps, changes in rookie list rules, favours that Hawthorn may or may not owe us, the Tuohy trade, the Judd trade, revisiting the Barassi recruitment, why trade week needs to be shortened, how we missed out on Jack Steele, is Jack Steele really a speed bump, are speed bumps an effective traffic management tool, which one of our post Matthew Allen ruckmen was the worst, would you rate Pagan's recycled player program as F or F- or F-- and more general footy conversation topics would Jack Worrall be a better coach than Brad Scott and Nathan Buckley, despite being dead for 80 years.

Last edited:
Key dates for Carlton:

3/10 - 6/10 - A couple no-name kids do very little testing at national combine due to shoulder injuries
Mid-Oct - TheCoach16 tells us about a conversation with a random hairy man. Tony Lynn 15 replies that he's never met TheCoach16
6/10 @ 09:01 - Levi offered FA deal
6/10 @ 09:07 - Levi deal not matched (fax transmission takes about 5 mins)
9/10 @ 09:02 - Gibbs traded to Adelaide for something that could have been orchestrated last year
9/10 @ 09:05 - Balic to Carlton
9/10 @ 9:06 to 19/10 @ 1:49 - NOTHING*
19/10 @ 1:50 - Carlton do 7 last minute, unexpected, convoluted trades in order to...
19/10 @ 1:53 - Carlton unexpectedly trade in a couple of kids on the fringe at the former teams
19:10 @ 1:59 - Carlton use picks from preceding trades to secure many former high pick and/or injured GWS players.......plus Ryan Griffin
1/11 - Carlton picks up a left-field DFA
24/11 - SOS picks up his highest rated kid with the #3 pick and uses his late picks to pick up sliders, mature age state players and some no-name kids that had shoulder injuries at the national combine

*well, nothing happens except for Carlton fans lamenting another year of not landing a big fish and instead rehashing conversations about banked salary caps, changes in rookie list rules, favours that Hawthorn may or may not owe us, the Tuohy trade, the Judd trade, revisiting the Barassi recruitment, why trade week needs to be shortened, how we missed out on Jack Steele, is Jack Steele really a speed bump, are speed bumps an effective traffic management tool, which one of our post Matthew Allen ruckmen was the worst, would you rate Pagan's recycled player program as F or F- or F-- and more general footy conversation topics would Jack Worrall be a better coach than Brad Scott and Nathan Buckley, despite being dead for 80 years.

Gold Ferris!!!!!!

Fixed it. Added the St. Kilda rookie delistings.

Sorry guys. A little frazzled today. Had a big presentation that I needed to present right after that edit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Updated with the further announced delistings of Sumner, Gorringe (ret.) and Gallucci following the earlier announcement of Jaksch. Korcheck announced his earlier in the week and has been officially recognized as well.

Edit: Updated retirements and AFL delistings too

Edit (Sep. 1): Updated Lukas Webb rumor.

Last edited:
Thanks Dramoth . Let me tell you being bitten inside your mouth by a spider isn't the most pleasant experience to wake up to on a Saturday (or any) morning.

Edit: And up to date (I believe). Been a very slow start to week 1 of the finals outside of the Gold Coast delistings. Only new player to be featured in a rumor in and out was Blaine which is unsurprising (personally hope we re-sign him as he's a player that I think would look good in a good team).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back