2017/18 EFL Cup

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Bristol City have one loss for the season and are absolutely flying. Leicester have just sacked their manager because of how poor they're going, while West Ham have just beaten Spurs in this very competition.

I suspect you knew what I meant though and are just being a tad facetious. The big clubs as a collective got the easiest draw they could have had.

Wait... you're putting us as the easiest... because Bristol C, while in the Championship, have two losses (Whereas we defeated a Leeds team that was higher than Bristol C), because West Ham have defeated Tottenham (whereas we not only defeated Liverpool, and West Ham should've sacked theirs for doing even worse), and Bournemouth... are somehow harder than us.

I get where you're going with this, but geez... if Shrewsbury were still in, you'd say they would be the more difficult match.

Wait... you're putting us as the easiest... because Bristol C, while in the Championship, have two losses (Whereas we defeated a Leeds team that was higher than Bristol C), because West Ham have defeated Tottenham (whereas we not only defeated Liverpool, and West Ham should've sacked theirs for doing even worse), and Bournemouth... are somehow harder than us.

I get where you're going with this, but geez... if Shrewsbury were still in, you'd say they would be the more difficult match.

One loss, and no my point was that the four biggest clubs left are collectively facing easier teams.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
West Ham will inevitably be more up for it than Arsenal tomorrow morning. Wouldn't mind us taking this competition seriously for once, for after all, it's a trophy Wenger has yet to lift. Win the League Cup & the Europa League this year, the Champions League next and the great man will have the ultimate collection of honours.

1-1 at ft. Extra time ahead. Nmecha and Dele-Bashiru both on for debuts in the latter stages of the 90. so while the penalty was disappointing it's a great opportunity for them to get serious minutes.

Leicester the better side in the 2nd half so not confident.

Don't think there should have been a penalty in the last minute of normal time. Felt a hand on his shoulder and went down way too easily.

Cost my mate his multi, felt bad for him.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
I don’t know what to make of that. Penalty was a complete jammy dodger. We should’ve stolen it in extra time. That penalty shootout reminded me of the one against Hull, our keeper (Seriously? Hamer?) had no hope of saving any of the shots, and Mahrez and Vardy were always going to miss. Once it got to pennos, you knew we were gonna lose.

Seriously, can anyone name me a more unreliable penalty kicker than Mahrez? I have no confidence in him at all.

That could've been us in the semis... really good chance for silverware gone begging.

Guess we'll need to get serious, and finish top 7 if we want Europe.

Back