2017/18 EFL Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
both surely take it very seriously at that stage and with man city miles ahead. What else could they win other than the FA cup which they're still yet to enter
Depends on the games surrounding the 2 games I suppose, how entrenched in the top 4 and are they willing to compromise that for a shot at the League Cup? For what it is worth, I would love Arsenal to take it seriously.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
The Jose Mourinho press conference template:

"I'm not going to mention injuries/luck/refereeing (goes on to talk about injuries/luck/refereeing for a substantial period of time)..."

"If we had injuries/luck/refereeing it might have been different, but I don't want to mention injuries/luck/refereeing."

You forgot to add the obligatory dig at Luke Shaw.

Love watching a lower division team winning in a game against a big club like that. We got what we deserved. Wasted chances and got punished. Worth it to see those scenes in the crowd at the end though.

The Jose Mourinho press conference template:

"I'm not going to mention injuries/luck/refereeing (goes on to talk about injuries/luck/refereeing for a substantial period of time)..."

"If we had injuries/luck/refereeing it might have been different, but I don't want to mention injuries/luck/refereeing."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Bristol City! Hats off to them.
Well done Bristol.
We get what we deserve for not being able to finish, piss poor.
Love watching a lower division team winning in a game against a big club like that. We got what we deserved. Wasted chances and got punished. Worth it to see those scenes in the crowd at the end though.

Respect :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: The magic of the Cup (Carabao)

Could not give a s**t. A little bit less congestion in the fixture is all.

I say that when my teams are eliminated too. But if we win the tournament it's the most important trophy around

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
Oh great... City get City? Why couldn't City win over City, so then they could play City?

Well, if Man City win, you can blame it on us. We had a golden opportunity to defeat them, and we let ourselves down really badly.

That could've been a golden chance for a League Cup... sigh.

Congrats Bristol C! Nicely won!

Could be our only chance at a trophy this season. Throw everything at it.
A trophy is still a trophy, I've never liked the attitude some from the big clubs have towards trophies like the EFL Cup and Europa. This could be the only chance smaller clubs have of obtaining silverware, you only have to look at the scenes in Bristol this morning to confirm that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back