2017/18 EFL Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

To think we were considering going for him.

He's alright, but my god, he was shocking against us.

So someone was willing to pay 40m pounds for Ox, and yet no one wanted to bid that for Mahrez (let alone our requested 50m)... that just sums it up, doesn't it?

Also, the draw is tomorrow. Calling it now, we're playing Tottenham away.

I implore anyone to watch this video and argue that Ox was worth the cash. Wenger absolutely rekt Liverpool here.
"If anyone is having a bad day, it can't be worse than ___"

Wenger's senility, for mine, is a contributing factor to the (possibly) undeserved duration and magnitude of Ox's professional footballing career. Ox's father, his nationality and arrogance also spring to mind.

Didn't know Arsenal fans would get so offended with Ox being sold. He really must have cut them deep somehow.

Hopefully Arsenals owners spend the money improving the squad instead of buying a big boat with the cash.
It's more a stark revelation.. actually, no wait.. it's ratification of our doubts RE Ox's footballing ability. This morning's game was bulletproof evidence that he's not cut out for regular playing time at a European-level club.

What a ******* relief it is that he turned down our excessive contract offer. His departure has benefited us immediately and will no doubt continue to do so long into the future.

Thanks again :thumbsu:

Didn't know Arsenal fans would get so offended with Ox being sold. He really must have cut them deep somehow.

Hopefully Arsenals owners spend the money improving the squad instead of buying a big boat with the cash.
Think you are mixing up "offended" with "laughing our arses off".

2nd point is very valid though, although even if we don't spend the money we are playing better without him in the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they’re just laughing at how daft FSG were and laughing at how s**t Ox (they’re just catching up on that one, been laughing at him for years).

I think they’re just laughing at how daft FSG were and laughing at how s**t Ox (they’re just catching up on that one, been laughing at him for years).
2 clubs were willing to pay for him and 1 payed about that price for a complete fraud in Drinkwater. Seems to be the going rate today due to inflation.

I seem to recall Ox being one of Arsenals best players last season when many of their players would not turn up and Arsenal fans were begging the club to keep him. Now Ox is gone and Arsenal have fallen even further to being a lower-mid table side (12th). Reminds me of Lukaku going to Man United with Everton falling to the relegation zone. Seems the Spurs/Arsenal powershift is complete. Ox was the final blow.

2 clubs were willing to pay for him and 1 payed about that price for a complete fraud in Drinkwater. Seems to be the going rate today due to inflation.

I seem to recall Ox being one of Arsenals best players last season when many of their players would not turn up and Arsenal fans were begging the club to keep him. Now Ox is gone and Arsenal have fallen even further to being a lower-mid table side (12th). Reminds me of Lukaku going to Man United with Everton falling to the relegation zone. Seems the Spurs/Arsenal powershift is complete. Ox was the final blow.
One of those clubs was desperate for home grown players due to bizarrely loaning out most of them, the fact they bought Drinkwater should highlight their desperation.
As Henry said, and I ask you, what is he good at? £40m for a bloke who’s strengths and best position are still unknown.

Ox being one of Arsenal’s best players means little, barring Sanchez they were by and large all degrees of shitness last season.

One of Arsenal's best players last season a huge stretch. He put together a good sequence of games in say the final two months of last season. And then an excellent Cup final. Prior to that he was his usual self, in and out of the side. Injured. Form issues. Etc.

I was an advocate of keeping him, as depth. He showed enough as a wing back to warrant a spot IMO. But not at the expense of the team - which Wenger would completely upheave in order to accommodate him (ie, Bellerin as a LWB which is idiotic).

I wouldn't say we were begging to keep him. Not at that wage level and the complete unbalancing of the line up.

Tottenham finished above us for the first time in 22 years in a season where we were FA Cup champions. They've won two trophies in the Premier League era, both League Cups. Arsenal have won thirteen trophies in that space of time - including three FA Cups (while in an on-field decline) since Spurs' last title.

Arsenal's manager is so far past it that it's hilarious, but technically his managerial performance has been superior to that of Mauricio 'magic' Pochettino since the latter's appointment.

Despite this, according to RossFC - Arsenal's sale of arguably the most overhyped footballer in history for the same price they bought World Cup winner Mesut Ozil, has resulted in them relenting their status as North London's number one club. The power has shifted - you heard it here first.

Tottenham finished above us for the first time in 22 years in a season where we were FA Cup champions. They've won two trophies in the Premier League era, both League Cups. Arsenal have won thirteen trophies in that space of time - including three FA Cups (while in an on-field decline) since Spurs' last title.

Arsenal's manager is so far past it that it's hilarious, but technically his managerial performance has been superior to that of Mauricio 'magic' Pochettino since the latter's appointment.

Despite this, according to RossFC - Arsenal's sale of arguably the most overhyped footballer in history for the same price they bought World Cup winner Mesut Ozil, has resulted in them relenting their status as North London's number one club. The power has shifted - you heard it here first.
Just using bigfooty logic mate. Apparently Everton despite not winning a trophy for over 20 years and losing their best player will overtake Liverpool in a Merseyside powershift.

Just using bigfooty logic mate. Apparently Everton despite not winning a trophy for over 20 years and losing their best player will overtake Liverpool in a Merseyside powershift.
I doubt there'll ever be a footballing powershift in Manchester or Merseyside.

Good result for us, albeit Bolton were absolutely terrible by all reports.

Went back to 4-2-3-1, but would imagine we'd go back to the 5-2-2-1 we've been playing against Spurs this weekend.

One of Arsenal's best players last season a huge stretch. He put together a good sequence of games in say the final two months of last season. And then an excellent Cup final. Prior to that he was his usual self, in and out of the side. Injured. Form issues. Etc.

I was an advocate of keeping him, as depth. He showed enough as a wing back to warrant a spot IMO. But not at the expense of the team - which Wenger would completely upheave in order to accommodate him (ie, Bellerin as a LWB which is idiotic).

I wouldn't say we were begging to keep him. Not at that wage level and the complete unbalancing of the line up.
Yep his end of season and form and particularly the cup final went a long way towards that idea that he had a great season. Was back to his usual self this season though and clearly for Liverpool this morning.

I also wanted him kept as Bellerin's backup but as soon as a 40m offer comes in you bite the hand off for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back