2017/18 EFL Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

A ripping narrative for the final. City will privately make it about sanchez and revenge for not acquiring him. Arsenal, winning a trophy on Spurs home pitch would be their christmas.
Spurs home patch...lol

If it gives Wenger another few seasons though...hey why not

Geez, could Arsenal have gotten any more lucky with both of their goals?

Chelsea have every right to feel a bit miffed at teh 'football god' after that one.

Ah come on, it's a Cup Final! Anything can happen!

If there is one good thing Arsenal does well, it's Cup Finals! You know Wenger will be doing his best to win it!
I'm optimistic about our chances, it's a one off game and we rolled them in that big semi in last seasons f.a cup

Geez, could Arsenal have gotten any more lucky with both of their goals?

Chelsea have every right to feel a bit miffed at teh 'football god' after that one.
We didn’t deserve anything else but a loss. Gunners should be in the final. Having said that I think City will batter them.

Ah come on, it's a Cup Final! Anything can happen!

If there is one good thing Arsenal does well, it's Cup Finals! You know Wenger will be doing his best to win it!
I reckon we will go close. Our record at Wembley is pretty good. Beat City in the FA semi last year when not a lot of people gave us a chance. I don't think it will be a flogging, but City will defiantly be favourites.

Is Wenger the most underrated manager in the world?

The guy is in charge of a club who's owners don't even care about winning and who's fan base hate him so much it has created a toxic atmosphere around the entire club and yet here he is on the verge of winning his fourth trophy in five years.

So he hasn't won a league title in 13 years, but 12 of those titles were shared by teams with infinite more spending power than him and he was still able to do the next best thing in all but one of those years by finishing in the top 4 and qualifying for the champions league.

And people say he is past it. Pretty sad the way he gets treated by the media and his own fans and yet he keeps on winning.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Wenger the most underrated manager in the world?

The guy is in charge of a club who's owners don't even care about winning and who's fan base hate him so much it has created a toxic atmosphere around the entire club and yet here he is on the verge of winning his fourth trophy in five years.

So he hasn't won a league title in 13 years, but 12 of those titles were shared by teams with infinite more spending power than him and he was still able to do the next best thing in all but one of those years by finishing in the top 4 and qualifying for the champions league.

And people say this guy is past it. Pretty sad the way this guy gets treated by the media and his own fans and yet he keeps on winning.
I think it comes down to the fans wanting to do better than finishing 4th every year and he backed it up by missing the top 4 all together.

I think it comes down to the fans wanting to do better than finishing 4th every year and he backed it up by missing the top 4 all together.

Why does Wenger cop most of the flak for this as opposed to the owners? He hasn't had the money to compete on a level playing field and yet is still racking up trophies.

The Manchester clubs and Chelsea share the title every year. It's not a coincidence that they're also the three richest teams.

Why does Wenger cop most of the flak for this as opposed to the owners? He hasn't had the money to compete on a level playing field and yet is still racking up trophies.

The Manchester clubs and Chelsea share the title every year. It's not a coincidence that they also happen to by the three richest teams.
If ArsenalFanTV is any sort of representation of their fanbase they deffs want the owners to leave as well as Wenger.

Wenger is as responsible for their spending policy as the board imo.

If he thought the direction they were heading was wrong he's had plenty of opportunity to speak out. But he doesn't because he believes they are doing the right thing.

He also barely seems to prepare for opposition teams at all, just sends his team out to play the same way and expects results, when they have actually prepared for games (citeh) a couple of times they have pulled off their best wins but just reverts back to type, he's too stubborn and predictable.

He's done a fantastic job but he's gotta go and so do the board.

Aubameyang in, carabao/europa league titles and he leaves in a good place.

Arsenal fans have got the hump because when they moved to the Emirates they were told it would enable them to compete with the very best clubs in Europe. That hasn’t happened - but that’s down to the fact that matchday revenue cannot compete with oil cash

Coming from a City fan, that is worth an awful lot :thumbsu:
Has absolutely nothing to do with City.

Just what annoys gooner (and would annoy me if I was one) about Wenger.

His reluctance to use the resources he has available is one issue. But not the only one. Tactics, loyalty to underperforming players, refusal to address long term problems, contract mismanagement, mental weakness. Just spending more won't solve all of Arsenal's problems by a long shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back