2017/18 English Football Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone is saying Man U look great, but Matic and Lukaku went missing in big games last year. Mourinho's 2nd season, I know, but the same top notch United attack still had off games last year where they didn't score. I can see that happening again, and it doesn't take much for Mourinho to suck up all the oxygen.

Point is thet haven't really played anyone that decent yet. I guess you can say the same thing about Liverpool...
the same Matic who was a key component of their title winning side last year?

We need Lukaku for the minnows, not the big games.

Everyone is saying Man U look great, but Matic and Lukaku went missing in big games last year. Mourinho's 2nd season, I know, but the same top notch United attack still had off games last year where they didn't score. I can see that happening again, and it doesn't take much for Mourinho to suck up all the oxygen.

Point is thet haven't really played anyone that decent yet. I guess you can say the same thing about Liverpool...
What? What top notch attack? A 35 year old Ibrahimovic and a cooked Rooney? Turn it up.

I don't know if I can make a decent prediction - so many teams with potential for good seasons. Man Utd, as much as it pains me to say it, have started out looking very sharp. Man City can be expected to put up a fight, and Conte has Chelsea well organised. Spurs have the potential, it just depends on how they adapt to Wembley (which hasn't worked out too well, but they have too much quality for that to remain the case). Liverpool can be devastating going forward, and I would rate our attack as the finest in the Prem, but defensively we are shoddy and that will cost us a title charge.

United
City
Chelsea

Daylight to Liverpool and Spurs. I never really thought Liverpool wouldn't get VVD so I thought they'd be very hard for us to beat for 4th. Without him it's pretty even.

Arsenal it all depends on how Sanchez reacts. If he is tools down sulking Everton a big chance to be closer to them than Arsenal are to 4th

Is that fake news?

I don't remember Liverpool being top at any decent point of the league

IMG_7549.jpg

We beat City on New Years Eve (MD19) and were the only team really challenging Chelsea at that point.

IMG_7550.JPG

Then Matip, Coutinho & Sturridge spent a bit of time out injured, Mané went off to AFCON, we didn't have adequate cover, won just 1 game in the next 7 and dropped out of contention at that point. First half of the season we were right in the frame though, which was impressive in itself given Chelsea went on that run where they won a dozen in a row.

View attachment 411339

We beat City on New Years Eve (MD19) and were the only team really challenging Chelsea at that point.

View attachment 411341

Then Matip, Coutinho & Sturridge spent a bit of time out injured, Mané went off to AFCON, we didn't have adequate cover, won just 1 game in the next 7 and dropped out of contention at that point. First half of the season we were right in the frame though, which was impressive in itself given Chelsea went on that run where they won a dozen in a row.
Yeah knew you were up there but didn't think you really led for a considerable amount of time. Leading after 10-11 GWs doesn't mean a heap. Chelsea were 6 ahead but were unstoppable since the formation change so the gap flattered you a bit. It was also 9 points going into that game as we beat Chelsea to end that run

I disagree. United have excellent depth and their first XI is excellent, bar maybe one or two positions.

Liverpool's attack is great, but they're lacking at the back.

i dont see Manures defence better than ours, and imo we are more complete going forward.
they will probably bully a lot of the crappy teams this season but when they face us/citeh/spurs etc i reckon theyll struggle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont see Manures defence better than ours, and imo we are more complete going forward.
they will probably bully a lot of the crappy teams this season but when they face us/citeh/spurs etc i reckon theyll struggle
GK is far superior, they're better centrally, and it's not like their fullbacks are crap either.

Clyne is the only one who'd get into United's defence, and even then, it's not a certainty.

What? What top notch attack? A 35 year old Ibrahimovic and a cooked Rooney? Turn it up.
I think Man U had and have a top notch attack.

Rashford and Martial aren't regular starters and I like them both. Lingard also seems very capable. Ibra and Rooney are very good forwards. Mata and Mkhitaryan are very good playmakers. Fellaini is underrated. The whole team was surprisingly underwhelming, perhaps like Pogba. It looks like you actually agree seeing as they only bought one striker and you're now saying:
United have excellent depth and their first XI is excellent, bar maybe one or two positions.
Are those one or two positions full-back and maybe striker?

Anyway, it is my opinion. Man U always seem to have a good attack and currently it's no different. Mourinho seemed to stifle them, but it's his 2nd season so we're all meant to assume he wasn't really trying last season. The problem with being a Liverpool fan is we've done very well against top teams, so it's not always easy to see how other teams are going consistency wise. A lot of people are positive about Man U this season, but I'm hoping it'll be like the last.

It's great to get off to a good start but we saw it last season. City and United got off to flyers and Chelsea struggled. In the end United and City limped home and Chelsea were dominant.

Way too early to know just yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back