2017/18 English Football Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Always love these. Looking forward to next seasons predictions.

All the summer transfers give each team a different look. Wolves coming up, how will they go? Who's gonna go down. All three promoted sides stayed up and they often have second year blues?

Who finished top four? Arsenal under new management. Plenty to look forward to.

Will be an interesting season for sure - mind you we say that every season. I actually want some clubs to start bridging the gap to the top six, it’s becoming way too established. Of course no business has been done but I reckon Everton, Wolves, Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle and even Palace are the teams who will become best equipped to give it a go. Reckon Burnley will end up being a one season wonder though

Always love these. Looking forward to next seasons predictions.

All the summer transfers give each team a different look. Wolves coming up, how will they go? Who's gonna go down. All three promoted sides stayed up and they often have second year blues?

Who finished top four? Arsenal under new management. Plenty to look forward to.
There's a World Cup in between too, if you're interested. I don't know who Macpotata is, but he reckons he's offering cash prizes for WC tipping on BF and has done it already a couple of times before.

Will be an interesting season for sure - mind you we say that every season. I actually want some clubs to start bridging the gap to the top six, it’s becoming way too established. Of course no business has been done but I reckon Everton, Wolves, Leicester, West Ham, Newcastle and even Palace are the teams who will become best equipped to give it a go. Reckon Burnley will end up being a one season wonder though

With their squad, and especially if they can make a few good signings, Palace really should be challenging for a Europa League place. They are an underachieving club IMO.

Based on what? Remove Zaha and I think they look fairly average.
To be fair Everton were Europa last season and they're now decidedly average and a Burnley side that scored less than a goal a game has achieved the same this season.
The bar is not set very high.

Zaha, Milivojevic, Cabaye, Sakho, Sako, Townsend, van Aanholt, Dann and Benteke are all good players. They should be upper mid-table.
Milivojevic and van Aanholt are really the only ones I'd say are anywhere near Zaha.

Cabaye was good but has been slowing down. I don't rate Townsend at all. Benteke was once brilliant, these days not so much. Dann is the wrong side of 30.

There are some good players there but I can't see how they that squad should be competing for Europa. Think they're a step down from even my mob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I'm more inclined to think with the Leicester posters, don't think Palace have the ability to grind out a year and qualify for EL through league position, their best chance to qualify for EL is through winning a cup imo and they came close to that two years ago in the FA Cup.

Teams like Swansea, Birmingham and Wigan qualified via winning cups, though Swansea did have a few great seasons in the top half also when their best players were at the club.

How their top 6 players rate.
Leicester: Vardy, Mahrez, Chillwell, Maguire, Ndidi, Iborra
WHU: Arnautovic, Lanzini, Reid, Noble, Creswell , Kouyate
Southampton: Tadic, Bertrand, Cedric, Romeu, Redmond, Hoedt

Just off the top of my head with the best 6 players at each club. Would say Burnley are more a well oiled machine rather than their best 6 standing out individually. Of the above Palace would be ahead of WHU & Southampton for mine. Leicester more talented but more than capable of turning to crap when they fall out with a manager.

Leicester: Vardy, Mahrez, Chillwell, Maguire, Ndidi, Iborra
WHU: Arnautovic, Lanzini, Reid, Noble, Creswell , Kouyate
Southampton: Tadic, Bertrand, Cedric, Romeu, Redmond, Hoedt

Just off the top of my head with the best 6 players at each club. Would say Burnley are more a well oiled machine rather than their best 6 standing out individually. Of the above Palace would be ahead of WHU & Southampton for mine. Leicester more talented but more than capable of turning to crap when they fall out with a manager.
I disagree with that list. Where's Kasper? Chilwell shouldn't be there. Iborra might be there but hasn't played a heap for us.

Southampton were fighting relegation this season - not sure why we're saying they're competition for Europa. Newcastle and Everton should be in the mix as well.

Out of those teams, I'd probably rank them in the following order:

Everton
Leicester
Burnley
Newcastle
West Ham (purely for Arnautovic and Lanzini - don't really rate Noble)
Palace
Southampton

Who have Newcastle got apart from Lascelles and Jonjo? Newcastle are a system based club rather than a club that wins with star power.

Their squad is awful and Rafa has got the best out of them.

I disagree with that list. Where's Kasper? Chilwell shouldn't be there. Iborra might be there but hasn't played a heap for us.

Southampton were fighting relegation this season - not sure why we're saying they're competition for Europa. Newcastle and Everton should be in the mix as well.

Out of those teams, I'd probably rank them in the following order:

Everton
Leicester
Burnley
Newcastle
West Ham (purely for Arnautovic and Lanzini - don't really rate Noble)
Palace
Southampton
Sorry I forgot to even think of GKs. Yeah Leicester are the clear #1 in that list I think. Have got the best keeper and best outfield player of the bunch.

Leicester
Everton
Palace
West Ham
Southampton
Burnley
Newcastle

In terms of talent in the squad, the bottom 2 have the best managers of the bunch. Wouldn't say there's a heap between any of them though

Who have Newcastle got apart from Lascelles and Jonjo? Newcastle are a system based club rather than a club that wins with star power.

Sure but they still finished top 10. This is kind of my point, it's all good and well for Palace to have some good players but they aren't going to be challenging for Europa unless they can get past the system based clubs (Burnley/Newcastle) and the clubs with better players (Leicester/Everton). Nothing I've seen in recent seasons suggests that will happen, in my opinion.

Yeah I think Newcastle is a couple of years away from pushing for Europe. They still have a Championship squad and the only reason they stayed up was because they have a brilliant manager.

Whoever back this guys for worst signing deserves a round of applause.

Worst signing of the season: Rúben Semedo (Villarreal)
The Yellow Submarine forked out €14m to sign Semedo from Sporting Lisbon last summer, but he has since been arrested almost as many times as he has appeared in the league. He was detained in November for brandishing a gun in a Valencia nightclub, and is currently in preventive detention after being charged with attempted murder, kidnap and burglary in February.

Jesus! He makes Janssen look like a bargain

Whoever back this guys for worst signing deserves a round of applause.

Worst signing of the season: Rúben Semedo (Villarreal)
The Yellow Submarine forked out €14m to sign Semedo from Sporting Lisbon last summer, but he has since been arrested almost as many times as he has appeared in the league. He was detained in November for brandishing a gun in a Valencia nightclub, and is currently in preventive detention after being charged with attempted murder, kidnap and burglary in February.

Jesus! He makes Janssen look like a bargain
Did he still score more goals than Gashssen?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back