2017-18 FA Cup

Who wins the FA Cup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

9sb789.jpg

latest

Just seen what happened. Holgate definitely should have been yellow carded for the push, but for the bleeding hearts complaining he wasn’t sent off be glad it wasn’t an unpunished flying two footed karate kick, an AFL type tackle in the penalty box in 2nd half injury time let go or a fair challenge that gets all ball resulting in a straight red, or.......

FA will be potentially reviewing it as well as Madley spoke to the 4th official straight after who took notes, but if he didn’t hear it I don’t know what would even come of it, if anything. Hopefully they just apologise to each other & move on

FA will be potentially reviewing it as well as Madley spoke to the 4th official straight after who took notes, but if he didn’t hear it I don’t know what would even come of it, if anything. Hopefully they just apologise to each other & move on

I don't know how Madley couldn't have heard it, Firmino was essentially yelling directly into his ear.

Based on the clip in my previous post it looks like this was probably a misunderstanding on Holgate's part, but f**k me that's a hell of an accusation to level at someone if you're not 100% certain of what you heard.

Can anyone lip read Portuguese?
From what I've read (and looking at the point when Holgate reacts would suggest it's right) it's what Firminho says when Kenny walks in front of him and you can't see his lips is what the issue is regarding. Even with my basic lip reading skills what you can see in that video clearly ends in the word "puta", but it looks like it's what Firminho says next is what Holgate took issue with.

Given how close Madley is if Holgate heard it then he must have too, so the investigation will certainly tell us what happened once all parties are interviewed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should’ve been a red

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's an intereting one. Shoving an opponent into the crowd has the potential to injure both the player and innocent bystanders. If a referee thinks that excessive force was used then a red card could easily be awarded.

It's an intereting one. Shoving an opponent into the crowd has the potential to injure both the player and innocent bystanders. If a referee thinks that excessive force was used then a red card could easily be awarded.

Exactly my thoughts. Also holgate knowing he’s about to get carded pulls out the old racist card. Stupid ref fell for it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The away fans chanting about winning the league is a tad odd. Not sure the Fleetwood Town crowd would give a s**t.
Formed in 97 and had 6 promotions in 10 years, they're on their own glorious ride as it is.

Well, we can't complain, you can't keep playing games with 1 shot on target and expect to win. 22 shots on target over Sams first 9 games, and 7 came in one game against woeful Swansea.
You sound surprised? Everyone knows what Sam is all about.
Stability and no relegation. If you're after a long cup run, attractive football and a European place then I think you'll be disappointed.

You sound surprised? Everyone knows what Sam is all about.
Stability and no relegation. If you're after a long cup run, attractive football and a European place then I think you'll be disappointed.

You do know he led Bolton to three consecutive Top 6 finishes right?

Back