2017-18 FA Cup

Who wins the FA Cup?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Two relatively ordinary sides split by one world class player. Well, two I guess. Hazard (clearly) and Kante light years ahead of everyone. Been a while since we've won the Cup so it was a nice feeling. I'll take that over 4th any day :D:trophy:

And it's time to go Mourinho. Can't keep regurgitating the same s**t to the press season after season and actually believing it. Absolutely cooked as a manager imo.

It honestly looks like the game has passed him by.

Just my opinion anyway.

More joking that 10 years is hardly going out on a limb haha, he'll be gone within 5 I would think.

Poch would be a good choice if you can woo him into signing but as I said above Mou needs to approach next season differently.
Klopp would be better especially if he can overcome his cup final hoodoo next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the norm for United these days, dire boring displays like that.
How dumb are you? Did you realise Chelsea played with huge numbers behind the ball behind the game and there was virtually no space to attack into. United tried to attack, they dominated possession, they tried to create chances, they had attacking players out there. Chelsea defended too well. But it wasn't for lack of effort from Manchester United or some defensive philosophy.

The overreaction to one result here is absolutely embarrassing and only speaks for the stupidity of those who frequent this site and their ability to objectively analyse a football game. I've seen United play worse than that and them win and the same idiots talking genius tactics etc.

A football game is at times decided by very fine margins and those fine margins are the single determinant for some (idiots) in terms of how they construct their over the top and sensationalist opinions and analysis. Is it that hard to provided a tempered response to a result and a game that was even and saw one team play on the counter and the other team enjoy the majority of possession. Chelsea triumphed on this occasion. There was absolutely nothing wrong with how Manchester United played and the attacking intent they showed.

If you want to criticise the team and the manager then pick apart the Sevilla game which was disgraceful for the performance and the tactics of the manager. But something like the result last night and reading idiot Liverpool fans going on about tactics, boring etc is quite funny as it reminds me of exactly what happens to Liverpool when they play against (good) teams who defend deep and make it hard for them. You know.... like Manchester United did to Liverpool a few months ago..

I'm not too often serious on here and call me Dunc or a Chelsea fan or whatever you want but it is amusing to come in here and read the bafflingly shocking ability of most on here to actually just watch a football game and provide an objective and tempered analysis at the end of it which is actually consistent with what was before their eyes. Instead everything has to be sensationalised.

I'm not too often serious on here and call me Dunc or a Chelsea fan or whatever you want but it is amusing to come in here and read the bafflingly shocking ability of most on here to actually just watch a football game and provide an objective and tempered analysis at the end of it which is actually consistent with what was before their eyes. Instead everything has to be sensationalised.
Well said apollo on your comment that I have replied to and on the statement you made immediately before.

Both managers sent their teams out in what they believed was the best way for them to get a win. It was a Cup Final and you can't play for a draw, you play to win.

If Jones hadn't lost concentration and had been closer to Hazard and stopped his run into the penalty box for the resultant penalty, the game may have well gone to extra time but it didn't, one lapse in concentration and the other side punished: that's good football isn't it? Just as good football as Chelsea's magnificent organisation in holding out Man. Utd. for all of the second half in a fantastic display of team defence: that too is football.

Many around here confuse computer generated football games with the real thing. Some reckon all you need to do is .......... or ......... and ......... and everything becomes perfect at the click of the fingers!

AC actually makes a few valid points in fairness
s**t yah! Some watch football and only see what they want to see and usually, it's mired in hate for a player/manager/participant and even when that player/manager/participant does something good, it's just ignored!

As apollo rightly points out, it was Chelsea who had stacks of numbers behind the ball but that's not defensive?

Back