2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the article

The Covert Agent: Melbourne Victory angry with Mark Milligan's agent, move to Saudi Arabia's Ah Ahli not confirmed

EXCLUSIVE: Goal's resident spy reveals the club's displeasure at the star midfielder's agent for entering into talks with the Middle Eastern club

Melbourne Victory marquee Mark Milligan is not joining Saudi Arabia's Al Ahli at this stage, with the club unhappy at the offer received and the conduct by the player's agent.

The Covert Agent can reveal Victory received and rejected an offer for Milligan from Al Ahli before Friday night's match against Western Sydney Wanderers, with the terms so poorly constructed the club are still not sure if the transfer fee was AU$300k or US$300k.

It is understood Victory are angry at Milligan's agent Buddy Farah because despite no transfer being officially agreed between the two clubs, Al Ahli believe they have signed the 32-year-old midfielder.

Victory want a significantly higher transfer fee to release Milligan during the January transfer window - regardless of whether the original offer was in Australian or US dollars.

Milligan's deal with Victory expires at the end of the season, but the Socceroo star is open to leaving the club now because the contract offer from Al Ahli is a big jump from the money he is currently earning in Melbourne.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-...ith-mark-milligans/1m1uo2xhq8bni1x9jm4rycl10u

He was always going to bolt. Not sure why some are surprised.
Of course no one would be surprised. That's what football mercaneries do these days. If he's got a one year deal, we hold him to that. Simple. If we let him go for a good fee, the owners will be happy i'm sure. We just get another mercenary in to replace him.

I think we already have Milligan's replacement in Antonis, who I incidentally think has been really good for us since he arrived. (I wouldn't be opposed to him playing at number 10 after Friday night, but we're not going to leave Troisi on the bench unfortunately.)

I don't really know what to say/think about him leaving again. He might be my favourite Victory player ever. I was ******* stoked when he came back. But he hasn't been great for us - especially early in the season when he was more focused on the Socceroos - and if he doesn't want to be here, I guess we should let him go. If the transfer fee is $300k US for a guy who only has 5 months left on his contract, we'd have to take that.

I'd be pissed off if we let him go and didn't replace him as marquee - but if the Milligan deal goes through, I think there's probably a good chance that we take the lazy option and just resign George for next season, but putting marquee cash on the front end of the deal.

He ain't going anywhere!

Statement regarding Mark Milligan

Melbourne Victory wishes to advise that midfielder Mark Milligan will remain with the club until at least the end of the 2017/18 Hyundai A-League season.

Despite recent reports linking the 32-year-old with a move to Saudi Arabia, Head Coach Kevin Muscat said the club's position is that Milligan is not for sale.

"There's always going to be interest in a player of Mark's calibre, but Mark is a contracted Melbourne Victory player, and, more importantly, a required one," said Muscat.

"Significant planning, time and effort went into building our squad for this season and Mark's signing was an integral part of that, so the club is not prepared to entertain offers for his services."

"A formal offer was lodged and subsequently rejected - that's as far as it went," added Muscat.

Milligan is available for Friday's Australia Day clash with Sydney FC at AAMI Park.

https://www.melbournevictory.com.au/news/statement-regarding-mark-milligan

Glad the club took this stance. 300k is peanuts and we need Millsy at the club if we are to have any chance of winning the GF. Obviously Millsy is after cash, maybe we can offer him better terms at the end of the season. Must be a huge offer for him to consider heading back to the ME.

I'd love to see Millsy and Williams in midfield together, They both look forward first and don't panic under pressure, I know Williams has been extraordinary for us at center half but if Donovan is back soon I'd love to try it.

Bes
George Troisi Kosta
Milligan Williams
Nigro Deng Donavan Geria
Thomas
Won't happen but that midfield duo would run every game.

I think we already have Milligan's replacement in Antonis, who I incidentally think has been really good for us since he arrived. (I wouldn't be opposed to him playing at number 10 after Friday night, but we're not going to leave Troisi on the bench unfortunately.)

I don't really know what to say/think about him leaving again. He might be my favourite Victory player ever. I was ******* stoked when he came back. But he hasn't been great for us - especially early in the season when he was more focused on the Socceroos - and if he doesn't want to be here, I guess we should let him go. If the transfer fee is $300k US for a guy who only has 5 months left on his contract, we'd have to take that.

I'd be pissed off if we let him go and didn't replace him as marquee - but if the Milligan deal goes through, I think there's probably a good chance that we take the lazy option and just resign George for next season, but putting marquee cash on the front end of the deal.
Agreed, Antonis is a quality player who at the age of 24 has a lot of room for improvement. Could be very good for us in the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Antonis was poor playing at 10 against the Wanderers.

I'm not going. I'm a full paid reserve seat member yet apparently my membership doesn't get me into this game. Get ****** victory.

That doesn't sound right - Category A & B are the reserved seat memberships, and still get you into this game. Category C memberships aren't reserved seat - they're general admission - and it's those members that need to reserve a seat.

That doesn't sound right - Category A & B are the reserved seat memberships, and still get you into this game. Category C memberships aren't reserved seat - they're general admission - and it's those members that need to reserve a seat.

I also got several emails telling me my membership doesn't get me in. I appear to be a Cat C reserved seat member?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back