2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee Bes is frustrating.
Their striker has two half chances and took two quality finishes.
Berisha has about four open nets and can only hit one on target.

Yeah that open one that Troisi layed out to him made me throw the remote! but that trough ball to Troisi for the winner makes up for it! that was stunning. He can pass as a decent Attacking mid at time good old Bes.

Also good to have Nigro start on merit for a change. did well! Broxy providing depth of the bench is how we should use him now unless circumstances need him to start.

Last edited:
Decent win tonight lads. Good fight shown, skills aren't yet up to scratch but you fought really well and deserved the points imo

best win of the season so far, the one thing we’ve shown all season is fight. We did it against WSW and again today. The main thing from now is that we build on this result and pick. up all 3 points against Adelaide.

Gee Bes is frustrating.
Their striker has two half chances and took two quality finishes.
Berisha has about four open nets and can only hit one on target.

i have found over time he has a habit of getting the ball caught up and when shooting it is like a bump ball, kicks/traps the ball between foot and ground.

result - harmless dribble to the keeper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victory CEO parts ways with Hyundai A-League club

Melbourne Victory have confirmed CEO Ian Robson has resigned after four and a half years at the club, having accepted the role of Chief Executive at Rowing Australia.

Robson, who has overseen significant change during his tenure, will remain with the club until December 22nd.

Chairman Anthony Di Pietro said, “On behalf of the Melbourne Victory Board of Directors, we’d like to thank Ian for his contribution to the club.”

“Ian has opted to accept a position at Rowing Australia and everyone at Melbourne Victory wishes him well for the future,“ said Di Pietro.

When notifying staff, Robson said, “I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at Melbourne Victory and while it’s with some sadness that I move on, the time is right for me to explore another opportunity.”

“I’ve derived enormous satisfaction from what the club has been able to achieve over the past four and a half seasons, both on and off the field. I’ve no doubt the club will continue to go from strength to strength,” said Robson.

Director Richard Wilson will step into the interim role of Managing Director and will be supported by the existing management team until a new Chief Executive is appointed.

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/melbourne-victory-statement-ian-robson

Anyone have any idea who'll be in the running to take the job? Tony Pignata? would be a good get imo has a proven track record and knows Australia soccer, knowing the club through they might go in house.

Also the draw for the group stages for next seasons ACL will be held tomorrow night 6:30pm.

We've drawn Kawashaki Frontale from Japan, Ulsan Hyundai from Korea and a playoff winner (who will probably be SIPG Shanghai) in the Asian Champions League.

So far as the ACL goes it's apparently a pretty good draw (I don't know, I don't really follow those leagues!) Though I don't think it's particularly going to matter - from what we've seen so far in the A-League, we're going to be up and down this season, and by the time the ACL starts we're going to need to prioritise the league to try and finish in the best league position that we can.

I suspect we held off on filling the last international spot in the hope that we'd find an Asian player in the January transfer window, but given how the A-League is going, and given that we aren't likely to be in a position to prioritise the ACL, I think/hope that we'll just fill the spot with the best player we can (hopefully a defender who can play centre back or left back.)

We've drawn Kawashaki Frontale from Japan, Ulsan Hyundai from Korea and a playoff winner (who will probably be SIPG Shanghai) in the Asian Champions League.

So far as the ACL goes it's apparently a pretty good draw (I don't know, I don't really follow those leagues!) Though I don't think it's particularly going to matter - from what we've seen so far in the A-League, we're going to be up and down this season, and by the time the ACL starts we're going to need to prioritise the league to try and finish in the best league position that we can.

I suspect we held off on filling the last international spot in the hope that we'd find an Asian player in the January transfer window, but given how the A-League is going, and given that we aren't likely to be in a position to prioritise the ACL, I think/hope that we'll just fill the spot with the best player we can (hopefully a defender who can play centre back or left back.)

Id love to sign a continental asian player. Do wonders for the Asian community here, shirt sales and some insight into Asian football. Even better if someone oriental I an identify with!

I was wondering where the middle eastern countries are. Found out theyre in some sort of qualifying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back