2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee the atmosphere was rubbish last night, do we have to play at Etihad? Surely the Derby is the only game we should play there. Sell out AAMI Park every week and go from there. The active support was about as loud as the dozen drunk reserves players who cheer me on, on a Saturday arvo.

It was a nothing game imo, lacked any real intensity and just felt like both teams were rusty af.

George looks good.
Hope and Theoharous should be given game time, they showed enough to have a little hope that we might start to bring some talent through.

Ingham and Austin should give hope to any aspiring footballer that regardless of your talent, if you are quick you can carve out a career at the Victory.
I agree, we should play all matches at Aami apart from the Derby. The atmosphere would electric at Aami even with a crowd of 24 K. We don’t play at Aami until the 29th of December which is disgraceful.

Muscat absolutely has no idea what he's doing.

How can you honestly think a midfield of Broxham and Valeri is going to produce or create anything?
Valeri was finished last season and as still re-contracted. He is slow of foot and mind and constantly turns the ball over. Last night was alarm bells as to where he's at. Yet ,he still played 90. Ridiculous.
Broxham- is just poor to watch. Can't complete forward passes and cannot link up in general play without going sideways or backwards.

When your two CBs are more creative and adventurous than your two CMs it's a big problem.
What Muscat should have done- is play Williams at CM- Deng at CB and Broxham at LB.
It would have given us at least another creative mid who can play ball.

Ingham and Austin should never play again.
Both are absolutely useless footballers.
Can't complete passes, can't beat a man, cannot link up creatively and never move of the ****ing line. Both always on the touchline running backwards- never actually moving forward.
Theoharous and other kids should be given the game time that is being wasted on Ingham and Austin.

Muscat's substitutions leave alot to be desired.
It's as if everything is planned during the week like he's doing math.
He never makes changes to change the dynamic or flow of a game.
We needed to chase goals and create, yet he doesn't change the tempo up or create urgency.
It's the same slow, laborious build.

There's a reason he's yet to be offered a new deal beyond this year and realistically he shouldn't be offered one either- because he doesn't improve anything or show that he can.
Before people point out that we were missing 4 of our best- the facts are when's the last time anyone got excited to see a youth player play? Eevry other team has substitutes that are far better than ours. It's cringe worthy when we bring on Ingham or Austin or Broxham on "planned substitutions" that don't change anything in a game.

Even his press conference he spoke about how many chances we created...err, what? we created nothing yet he was pleased with the performance? Wow.

Valeri finished last season?

You realise he won the victory medal, yeah?

Hey guys, new here, thought i would join in the conversation. Whilst the result was disappointing, i was encouraged by the performance of Leroy George,despite him not looking particularly fit. He wouldn't have started the game if we had all of our players available. So despite his rustiness, he did well.
And....... i hate losing to that smug, arrogant Arnold.
do we have to play at Etihad?
Because we negotiated a very good deal that was very favourable to us financially.

Hey guys, new here, thought i would join in the conversation. Whilst the result was disappointing, i was encouraged by the performance of Leroy George,despite him not looking particularly fit. He wouldn't have started the game if we had all of our players available. So despite his rustiness, he did well.
And....... i hate losing to that smug, arrogant Arnold.

Because we negotiated a very good deal that was very favourable to us financially.

Welcome to the forum nice to see your first post is about Melbourne Victory and not AFL.
It's not always about the footy on here. :D

Lol come on now. Blind Freddy could see he was not our player of the season. Not even remotely close.
All of JT, Rojas or Berisha were miles better.

Without Valeri in the team last season plugging holes and setting up we don't make the GF, simple! Your selling him very short, yeah he didn't have a good game on Saturday night but without him we are far worse. He was very consistent last year throughout the season as appose to the other names you mentioned, sure they scored lots of goals but also went missing at times.

Last edited:
All of you got your tickets for the derby yet? Ticket sales look good, would be suprised if it's under 35k

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum nice to see your first post is about Melbourne Victory and not AFL.
It's not always about the footy on here
Haha. How ironic you saying that. I actually stumbled upon BF because of Essendon, and signed on to maybe participate in the draft conversations. Didn't even realize there were other sports covered.

Without Valeri in the team last season plugging holes and setting up we don't make the GF, simple! Your selling him very short, yeah he didn't have a good game on Saturday night but without him we are far worse. He was very consistent last year throughout the season as appose to the other names you mentioned, sure they scored lots of goals but also went missing at times.

A CM or DM needs to do more than plug holes.
He needs to be able to play ball. He's one of two most important players on the ground.
If he cannot complete forward passes or link in chains he's useless.

It's easy for attacking players to go missing when the midfield supply behind them is Valeri and Broxham. Seriously.

We don't make the GF without him?
Yes we do.
Without Berisha we don't make a GF.
Our attacking trio is what got us there.
We could replace Valeri with ease if Muscat had the balls.
We can't replace any of our attacking players as evident by the weekend yet again.

I'm not selling him short.
His first season with us was very good.
He's been in steady decline since and last year leading into this one…he's cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A CM or DM needs to do more than plug holes.
He needs to be able to play ball. He's one of two most important players on the ground.
If he cannot complete forward passes or link in chains he's useless.

It's easy for attacking players to go missing when the midfield supply behind them is Valeri and Broxham. Seriously.

We don't make the GF without him?
Yes we do.
Without Berisha we don't make a GF.
Our attacking trio is what got us there.
We can't replace any of our attacking players as evident by the weekend yet again.

I'm not selling him short.
His first season with us was very good.
He's been in steady decline since and last year leading into this one…he's cooked.

Well OK... we'll see how he goes with Milligan beside him like you said he was very good in that first season part of that was the partnership he had with Miligan.

We did miss Valeri heaps a couple of seasons ago when he was out injured part of the reason our season turned to s**t that year! but we didn't have much of a replacement either other then Bosznic and Broxy to cover.

We could replace Valeri with ease if Muscat had the balls.

Who do we replace him with? who can Muscat get?

Agree.. it is frustrating but part of Muscats job is also trying to develop younger players.. probably part of the clubs philosophy too (his hands could be tired) Which in turn will encourage younger players to want to come to us and play as a destination. Remember there is also another player in this town too! A pretty big one in world football chasing young talent or potential talent!!
I would love to have ready made replacements every time we get in situations like the weekend. But unfortunately this isn't the Bundesliga its the ******* A-league!

Last edited:
I'll be overseas for this game so hopefully it is a lot better than last week. Seems the "new north end" are trying to get people to come in and chant but I just don't see it happening any time soon. God forbid we go a goal down as we may end up being outsung by the Heart supporters.

I'll be overseas for this game so hopefully it is a lot better than last week. Seems the "new north end" are trying to get people to come in and chant but I just don't see it happening any time soon. God forbid we go a goal down as we may end up being outsung by the Heart supporters.
Got a lot of mates heading into the GA, that'll be where the noise is coming from imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back