2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha. Thats really cool, shame that they too abandoned it.

I often point newer A-League fans towards this book - yes, it misses some important history from the early days of the league's formation, but it's reasonably comprehensive, it's interesting, and it's a really great read.

You can find better accounts of how the Victory came about, but this is pretty good.

A-League_Book_New_1024x1024.jpg

(By the way, those "better accounts" aren't the interviews that Tony Isling has done where he essentially takes sole credit for the Victory as we know it now. I know a guy who is friends with Isling, and I've met him a few times - he's a really cool guy, but he has a greatly inflated sense of his own value as it relates to the Victory's creation. Still, his idea behind the 2nd Melbourne team was/is a shitload better than what eventually became the Heart/Victory lite.)

Considering their putting North Terrace in the name, chances are they have nfi

In fairness, there's a difference between North "terrace" and North "end", which is what they've used in their title.

Still, the facebook page seems to indicate that they're unaware of a lot of the issues that caused the end of the NT, and from the couple of texts I've sent around today no one really knows anything about this crew.

In fairness, there's a difference between North "terrace" and North "end", which is what they've used in their title.

Still, the facebook page seems to indicate that they're unaware of a lot of the issues that caused the end of the NT, and from the couple of texts I've sent around today no one really knows anything about this crew.
If you read the Facebook page, they are not a crew. Methinks they are individuals that were left in the NT after the "mini groups/crews" like Horda & Nomadi crack the shits and went away.

And I'm 100% sure they are well aware of the former issues of the NT. I think now that those idiot "crews" that plagued the club like Horda have gone (hopefully for good), the NT can look to grow again. Back Row and North End regulars is a good start at rebuilding the NT.

Last edited:
If you read the Facebook page, they are not a crew. Methinks they are individuals that were left in the NT after the "mini groups/crews" like Horda & Nomadi crack the shits and went away.

And I'm 100% sure they are well aware of the former issues of the NT. I think now that those idiot "crews" that plagued the club like Horda have gone (hopefully for good), the NT can look to grow again. Back Row and North End regulars is a good start at rebuilding the NT.
One thing I can confirm from my last year or so as a City active member is that Horda have certainly not gone away.

I thought this was some pretty decent social media work by the club today :D

Hope they sacked that guy that decided to get rid of the fridge magnet last season. That one decision almost tore the club apart!

Good to have them back! :thumbsu:

Pretty sure I threw the pen on the garage roof after the first week when I was trying to see the fixture. Felt like some form of ye olde ****** unrolling a scroll.
First time I opened mine the metal bar broke off the paper so I could never use the fixture again as it sucked up inside the pen. o_O

Just nominated City Boys for a drummer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just don't get the jerseys mixed up otherwise you may not make it out alive.
One of my mates tried to come and stand with me in Melburnians with a Victory shirt on haha, they thought he was there to cause trouble so they kicked him out unfortunately haha

My membership pack arrived today. The scarf is a little different this year, or should I say the branding is a little different. I'll upload a photo when I get home, not sure I like it but I like that they've tried something different and I guess the members scarves are the place to do it.

My membership pack arrived today. The scarf is a little different this year, or should I say the branding is a little different. I'll upload a photo when I get home, not sure I like it but I like that they've tried something different and I guess the members scarves are the place to do it.

I didn't even take the scarf out of the plastic when it arrived on Friday - it's bloody Melbourne, and our first 4-5 games are at the freezing cold Etihad Stadium. I'm sure I'll be using the wool scarf until November.

I got my fridge magnet, I got my card with Milligan on it - it's all I need :)

I didn't even take the scarf out of the plastic when it arrived on Friday - it's bloody Melbourne, and our first 4-5 games are at the freezing cold Etihad Stadium. I'm sure I'll be using the wool scarf until November.

I got my fridge magnet, I got my card with Milligan on it - it's all I need :)
Wonder who was going to be on the card before we signed Millsy?
Good point, they need to do a wool scarf next year, my old one is nearing its death.

Wonder who was going to be on the card before we signed Millsy?
Good point, they need to do a wool scarf next year, my old one is nearing its death.

I think people got different players on their cards - I saw Danny McGinlay tweeted his card last week and it had Thomas on it.

I don't know if it's random, or whether the player aligns with your level of membership (in terms of years or type.)

Not that it matters. If you get someone you don't particularly care about, it's not like you'd be pissed off, but if you get someone you like then maybe it makes you smile every time you get it out to use it.

I think people got different players on their cards - I saw Danny McGinlay tweeted his card last week and it had Thomas on it.

I don't know if it's random, or whether the player aligns with your level of membership (in terms of years or type.)

Not that it matters. If you get someone you don't particularly care about, it's not like you'd be pissed off, but if you get someone you like then maybe it makes you smile every time you get it out to use it.
I got Millsy as well.

We need to bring in a couple of foreigners to play in advanced midfield/attacking positions.

With the reality that Milligan, Troisi and Barbarouses will be on international duty for round 1- possibly round 2 too and unavailable, (maybe Berisha also) we could be in serious trouble to start the season.

This is where we need to add some players for this depth.

Austin and Ingham ain't going to cut it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back