2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Dcb0fTAV4AAAQ-8.jpg

HAHAHA I'm lovin' twitter atm so much saltiness :D
Melbourne City sent out a tweet congratulating us get a load of some of the comments from the City fans you can almost taste their tears missing out on the ACL what a night :D:D

“You’ve lost ACL without kicking a ball. You are truly Melbourne Heart.”

Hahaha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The VAR malfunctioned last night.

Piss poor by the FFA. I would be pissed if that did happen to us. But on the other hand that's football like its been for over 100 years without technology. It wasn't conclusive in real time through the linesman didn't raise his flag no complaints at the time by the jets players so it wasn't as much a howler as some are making it out to be. A shame it happened the Grand final through.

It actually makes me feel a bit better about the result through that it wasn’t rigged by the VAR at least.

The VAR malfunctioned last night.

What I don’t get is as it was a free kick the linesman would have already been standing there. If it was so obvious shouldn’t he have caught it? It’s not like it was a fast counter attack and the linesman was busting his gut to catch up. The technology is there to overturn obvious errors, not measure angstroms. If the linesman didn’t see it in real time when he was standing there on the line then how obvious was it?

It reminds me of the tie winning goal in Dortmund v Liverpool Europa semi a couple years ago. No VAR technology so it was looked at on the broadcast and everyone moved on.

What I don’t get is as it was a free kick the linesman would have already been standing there. If it was so obvious shouldn’t he have caught it? It’s not like it was a fast counter attack and the linesman was busting his gut to catch up. The technology is there to overturn obvious errors, not measure angstroms. If the linesman didn’t see it in real time when he was standing there on the line then how obvious was it?

It reminds me of the tie winning goal in Dortmund v Liverpool Europa semi a couple years ago. No VAR technology so it was looked at on the broadcast and everyone moved on.
It's obvious to us as we get the benefit of replays and slow motion. Keep in mind he's trying to keep a look out the corner of his eye as to when the ball is kicked as well, all this happens in a split second and you have Victory players charging in. He's looking across the line and to be honest it isn't that obvious that you would call it a howler. If anyone has the freeze frames of the next 3 or 4 images after Leroy kicked the ball that would be great.

This one was so sweet.
We have had a challenging season.
International duty with player disruption, ACL, manager and board under pressure, fans growing discontent, form line patchy, yet we came up trumps when it mattered most.

We forced Newcastle to play a style they aren't suited to.
We forced them to play in possession for large parts and to create/break us down when in the reality they prefer to play on the break, fast.
If the game was at AAMI it probably would have suited them better as we would have been the team in control and in possession, however credit to Muscat- considering we again for a second consecutive year played half a season without a second marquee player and no designated full backs either, lost our best central defender in the warm of the semi final, the club stood tall and delivered.

We had winners on every line- guys who have been there and done it multiple times too.

Can't wait for next season for AAMI to be blossoming even moreso.

The World Game just a shadow of its former self since the late great Les Murray as for The guy from Fox Sports they really need a name change to Sydney Sports they are so Salty that the Greatest Football team of all time were beaten last week, as for Robbie Salter Slatter give yourself a uppercut lobster boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back