2017/18 Melbourne Victory Thread. We Are The Champions!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone wants their two cents worth ffs!

None of the other codes will ever do it why should the A-League? Mistakes happen learn from it and move on.
My vote goes to this as the dumbest comment yet on the subject. And I say that having sympathy for Newcastle.

The World Game just a shadow of its former self since the late great Les Murray as for The guy from Fox Sports they really need a name change to Sydney Sports they are so Salty that the Greatest Football team of all time were beaten last week, as for Robbie Salter Slatter give yourself a uppercut lobster boy.

foxsports are indeed the sydney/nsw media arm. Their panel shows always have sydneysiders. Little balance.

I also have having sympathy for Newcastle as well, however the linesman did not raise his flag,
The V.R.A. should of picked it up the person running that failed people make mistakes (Two years in the A-League I would rate the VRA at a D- Minus and can see why some Leagues and Comps want nothing to do with it)

It happened in the 8th Minute plenty of time to get back in Jets I bet Roy O'Donovan is glad this is taking the heat off him ...the Dirty Player should get at least 8 weeks IMHO.

Well done Victory loving the comments from the Coat Hanger City........

I also have having sympathy for Newcastle as well, however the linesman did not raise his flag,
The V.R.A. should of picked it up the person running that failed people make mistakes (Two years in the A-League I would rate the VRA at a D- Minus and can see why some Leagues and Comps want nothing to do with it)

It happened in the 8th Minute plenty of time to get back in Jets I bet Roy O'Donovan is glad this is taking the heat off him ...the Dirty Player should get at least 8 weeks IMHO.

Victorian
Rifle
Association

* them... They had 80 minutes to score and couldn't and they created chances. Things just go against you sometimes in sport and it's s**t when they do but it's life

**** them... They had 80 minutes to score and couldn't and they created chances. Things just go against you sometimes in sport and it's s**t when they do but it's life

It's not Newcastle or their fans who are complaining through its the Sydney scum and there bias media mafia!! Fox Sports News have been going on this afternoon like its the most tainted football match in history FMD! Still salty from last week I see. We still haven't seen any other angles of the offside call btw.

We all hate VAR and wish it wasn't around well it wasn't for this instance, so quit the complaining and move on!

Victorian
Rifle
Association

042b81502779211efcdff040d75c7fe2.jpg

It's not Newcastle or their fans who are complaining through its the Sydney scum and there bias media mafia!! Fox Sports News have been going on this afternoon like its the most tainted football match in history FMD! Still salty from last week I see. We still haven't seen any other angles of the offside call btw.

We all hate VAR and wish it wasn't around well it wasn't for this instance, so quit the complaining and move on!
Geeze it was glorious last week on my twitter to see people who never have had an issue with having a grand final before all of a sudden sulking that it is how the A-league is decided :D

And this guy from FoxSports.

Disgrace..

Haha, it's easy to tell who's in the anti-football agenda at the moment. Mistakes happen in every game, even when the VAR has ruled on decisions they haven't been 100% correct. People really need to take a step back and think of this logically before they talk I actually wonder how much of this "opinion" is believed by the people talking or how much is for easy "clicks".

Was just thinking that, Newcastle people seem to be the only ones not overtly offended. They realise they had 82 minutes to at least equalise and they couldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You make it sound like it would be hunky dory if it was the other way around. One-eyed supporters are always going to point out an injustice if they're the ones that don't benefit from it....whether they're Sydney, Melbourne, Geelong, Liverpool, or the ******* Mbabane Highlanders.

Melbourne just won a championship. Why would you give a s**t. Move on!

I'm pretty confident that if it were the other way around then all the 'neutrals' would be saying sucked in and the Sydney media would just brush it off as "the best side won".

LOL! and what about the Melbourne media?

Melbourne benefited from a s**t incident. that's the way the cookie crumbles. there have been many games of football decided in these circumstances.

the issue here is VAR is meant to avoid this s**t, and it hasn't whether the tech works or doesn't

You make it sound like it would be hunky dory if it was the other way around. One-eyed supporters are always going to point out an injustice if they're the ones that don't benefit from it....whether they're Sydney, Melbourne, Geelong, Liverpool, or the ******* Mbabane Highlanders.

Melbourne just won a championship. Why would you give a s**t. Move on!
And your team wasn't playing in the final so why would you give a s**t? Move on!

End of an era as Melbourne Victory overhaul looms
3 minutes
Once he's finished celebrating, Kevin Muscat will tackle the biggest rebuild of his coaching career as he confronts the end of an era for A-League champions Melbourne Victory.

7 May 2018 - 7:48 AM UPDATED 8 HOURS AGO

The majority of the team that clinched the club's fourth title in what fans are calling the 'heist in the Hunter' on Saturday night are coming off contract - and even some of those who are locked away have big decisions to make about their future.

Just making the finals looked a questionable proposition for Victory early in the season, when fans were calling for Muscat's head and crying out for tactical variation and a fresh approach to recruitment.

It looks like they may get their wish after all, with up to 11 possible player departures guaranteeing an influx of new faces for the 2018-2019 campaign.

Much depends on Besart Berisha.

The 32-year-old dropped a massive hint that his future lies elsewhere straight after the grand final and it's true that he's just about done and won everything possible in the A-League.

Berisha is under contract for one more season but if he was to leave for a new challenge, it could free up a marquee position to enable the retention of Leroy George - a top priority.

The winger added a new dimension to Melbourne's attack this season with his incisive runs and deadly set-piece delivery.

James Troisi will step up as Victory's other marquee next term, although the club wouldn't stand in his way if an offer came for him.

Joe Marston medallist Lawrence Thomas is also in hot demand after a terrific season between the sticks.

Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr are interested but Muscat suggested there was 'good news' to come about Thomas this week, implying a new deal is ready to be announced.

Others, like Rhys Williams and James Donachie, could be tempted by offers from interstate or overseas, while skipper Carl Valeri is contemplating retirement.

Meanwhile, fullbacks Corey Brown and Storm Roux will join from Brisbane Roar and Central Coast Mariners respectively.

Muscat wasn't ready to talk comings and goings when pressed on the shape of the squad on Sunday.

"It's not the appropriate time to even try and discuss it," he told AAP.

"I want them to enjoy this time together.

"They've got to know each other really well over the last two or three weeks and really got personal with each other.

"And they deserve just to enjoy it, and we'll see how it pans out in the next week or two."

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2018/05/07/end-era-melbourne-victory-overhaul-looms

Massive changes! Big news about Berisha if true, none on George still not happy about Troisi as Marquee surely we can find someone more worthy.

Much depends on Besart Berisha.

The 32-year-old dropped a massive hint that his future lies elsewhere straight after the grand final and it's true that he's just about done and won everything possible in the A-League.
Yet lets not provide the quote. o_O What did Bes say?

I could live with an overhaul. We are in desperate need of some new faces and new ideas.

What's the go with Berisha's citizenship? I thought he was about to be eligible? If that happened and he stayed at least that opens up a visa and marquee spot for Leroy. Can't see Berisha getting a better gig anywhere else, not even in the HAL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back