2017/18 MLB Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Arrieta's Phillies ST debut was over after 2 innings.

Gonna be interesting how he shapes the team this season. There's some wildly optimistic predictions on Wild Card, but that seems far too unrealistic. The numbers on his decline seem pretty real to me, but as long as this year sees relative improvement, pushing to .500, and be viable options for Harper or Manny in FA, then that'll be a good year.

Madison Bumgarner has a broken hand. The giants are cooked.

My predictions for the upcoming 2018 season...

* Astros back-to-back World Series, first time a team goes back-to-back since the 2000 season
* White Sox make the playoffs
* Marlins struggle, may even break the season loss record, they've traded out every decent player they had
* Tim Tebow to make his MLB debut for the Mets and ESPN won't shutup about him for weeks

My predictions for the upcoming 2018 season...

* Astros back-to-back World Series, first time a team goes back-to-back since the 2000 season
* White Sox make the playoffs
* Marlins struggle, may even break the season loss record, they've traded out every decent player they had
* Tim Tebow to make his MLB debut for the Mets and ESPN won't shutup about him for weeks

Marlins at $5.50 to lose most games seems waaaayyy overs

you want to hope he lives up to his potential for this money when they could pay him the minimum

I'm still trying to get around understanding baseball contracts, but from what I've read/understood, this is a pretty team-friendly contract provided Kingery hits his most base level expectation - starting 2B when the Phillies are contending. Locking up a player throughout his prime years at a discounted rate seems pretty worthwhile.

I'm still trying to get around understanding baseball contracts, but from what I've read/understood, this is a pretty team-friendly contract provided Kingery hits his most base level expectation - starting 2B when the Phillies are contending. Locking up a player throughout his prime years at a discounted rate seems pretty worthwhile.
The deal is team friendly if he performs ,but they have control over him for 6 years under arbitration anyway at a reduced rate, so dont understand why they have done this except for the extra 3 year team options, if he performs to the level as expected or better, he could have stitched himself out of a bigger payday

Has anyone been to Spring Training before? Was in Arizona for work over a weekend, and decided to stay 2 extra days, and check it out. Went to Salt River Fields to see Arizona Diamondbacks vs Chicago White Sox. Got there super early, and was able to see The D-Backs and Rockies train. You really do get suburb access to the players. Since it was the local team, they had a bit of security, and there were quite a bit of fans in attendance as Spring Break had just started. Also went to the A's training facility before their game against the Dodgers. Amazing access. Their minor league players were doing drills & game simulation which was really interesting to watch. Literally no security at all, and just the odd Autograph collectors lurking around. Had a lot of fun. Would love to do a week or so and check out a bunch of games/training facilities next time I'm in Arizona.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back