2017-18 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair comeback from Columbus after being 4-1 down with 9 minutes to go. Won in OT to keep the heat on the Pens. Philly the big loser today with the Devs leapfrogging them. Cats a chance to close the gap to them aswell

Fair comeback from Columbus after being 4-1 down with 9 minutes to go. Won in OT to keep the heat on the Pens. Philly the big loser today with the Devs leapfrogging them. Cats a chance to close the gap to them aswell

Flyers had a 4-1 comeback too.

Then Hakstol decided to put out ******* Lehtera vs Barzal who proceeded to skate past him like he wasn't even there for a goal 28 seconds after we came back. ******* idiot

Some exciting battles in the last week.

Tampas win makes the atlantic a tight race with 2 or 3 to go.

Columbus could pass pittsburgh for home ice in the 1st round

Winnipeg could sneak past nashville for top in the west.

Could the flyers fall out of the last spot with floroda sneaking in?

Some exciting battles in the last week.

Tampas win makes the atlantic a tight race with 2 or 3 to go.

Columbus could pass pittsburgh for home ice in the 1st round

Winnipeg could sneak past nashville for top in the west.

Could the flyers fall out of the last spot with floroda sneaking in?
Would love to see the Cats in there but with 2 of their remaining 3 against Boston it ain’t happening

Was just looking at the way the brackets will fall and PG I usually agree with most things you say - but this playoff scenario stinks

If things end the way they are now - the 2 ‘best teams’ (points wise) in each conference won’t get a chance to playoff in the conference final - and can’t wait to see a Preds/Jets matchup, just a pity it’s gonna be second round (if it happens)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear oh dear St Louis.
3-1 up at home over Chicago and lose 4-3 in regulation with 8 seconds remaining. Playoff destiny now out of their hands

Dear oh dear St Louis.
3-1 up at home over Chicago and lose 4-3 in regulation with 8 seconds remaining. Playoff destiny now out of their hands

Technically they still control their own fate.

Funnily enough so do the avs.

If both teams win their next game they will go head to head in game 82 for the 8 seed.

Was just looking at the way the brackets will fall and PG I usually agree with most things you say - but this playoff scenario stinks

If things end the way they are now - the 2 ‘best teams’ (points wise) in each conference won’t get a chance to playoff in the conference final - and can’t wait to see a Preds/Jets matchup, just a pity it’s gonna be second round (if it happens)

If one is keen to witness said match-ups it's better that they play each other early because the way NHL playoff series usually go it would be likely that one of them would get knocked off and the "highly-anticipated" match-up would never happen. ;)

Winter-peg vs Minnersoda (cross-border series) tick
Ducks v Charks (battle of California) tick

Pittsburgh vs BJ's (BJ's redemption for last year) tick
Tampa Bay or Boston vs Chronno tick

Boston vs Devils (Koharksi's donut) tick
Crapitals vs Flyers (goals galore) tick

Kings vs GKs (Battle of the I-15) tick
Nordiques vs Predators (sounds good to me) tick

That doesn't stink in anyone's language.

After this projecting winners is a waste of time in the NHL, that might work for "99-99 with 2 mins to go" ball but not here.

If one is keen to witness said match-ups it's better that they play each other early because the way NHL playoff series usually go it would be likely that one of them would get knocked off and the "highly-anticipated" match-up would never happen. ;)

Winter-peg vs Minnersoda (cross-border series) tick
Ducks v Charks (battle of California) tick

Pittsburgh vs BJ's (BJ's redemption for last year) tick
Tampa Bay or Boston vs Chronno tick

Boston vs Devils (Koharksi's donut) tick
Crapitals vs Flyers (goals galore) tick

Kings vs GKs (Battle of the I-15) tick
Nordiques vs Predators (sounds good to me) tick

That doesn't stink in anyone's language.

After this projecting winners is a waste of time in the NHL, that might work for "99-99 with 2 mins to go" ball but not here.

The first round match ups arent the issue..division battles will still occur in a 1 v 8 and 2v 7 etc format...just not as frequently and i couldnt really care less about that.

To me how the 2nd round plays out needs to be considered. Lazy just to say " waste of time" to project the 2nd round.

The reality is this year and as we have seen in others..the top seeds in each conference will likely play the toughest remaining opponent in the 2nd round. It shouldnt be that way. Reseeding was the best part about the 2nd round in the old format as it was the fairest. The team that finished 1st, should they advance should earn the right to play the lowest remaining seed. Itsbjust logic.

The nhl playoffs are the most purest form of excitement in sport to me. It doesnt need division alignment to make anything better.

Panthers win 3-2!

Have now beaten Bruins and Preds in the last few days.

If they keep playing like this and make it, I'm not sure Tampa wants the Florida derby they'll get in the playoffs.

Crazy how close all these teams in the Eastern conference are, especially the four in Metro div.

Screenshot_20180406-122038.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back