2017/18 Off Season Thread

how long to respond to a bid again ? was it 72 hours ?
Yup 72 hrs for active bids, 21 days for inactive bids. All leading opposition bids become active on 6pm November 23.

As of 6PM opposition player bidding has started, all bids inactive, no limits on which and how many uncontracted players you can bid on.

Eric Hipwood $250k (3)
Joe Danniher $400k (5)
Luke Bruest $250k (3)
Hipwood and Breust bids invalid. Minimum opposition player bid for 3 years is $252k.

Just so you are aware invalid bids still count as one of your maximum of 3 bids against that player.

Just in case my message above was missed, just want to note to everyone that invalid bids on opponents players still count as 1 of your maximum of 3 bids on that player. Don't get caught out. ;)

Surely we can't allow bids on Port players, ie. Hipwood yet fightingfury_88 if they don't have a coach?

Don’t worry, sausageroll and I are temporarily looking after the team during the off season. We posted our general method for looking after the team in the off season setup thread. Not being able to bid on Port players would actually give that team an advantage.

loopy_cam

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 11, 2007
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Don’t worry, sausageroll and I are temporarily looking after the team during the off season. We posted our general method for looking after the team in the off season setup thread. Not being able to bid on Port players would actually give that team an advantage.

Can we trade for those players?

Can we trade for those players?
It's a good question. sausageroll and I talked about and we think not at this stage. If there is a groundswell of support to change that though maybe that will change.

knobby

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Patrick Cripps, $800k, 5 years
Mitch Wallis, $350k, 3 years
Luke Hodge, $350k, 2 years
Tom Lynch, $600k, 5 years