Perth GloryFC Thread-2018/19 PREMIERS!! FEAR OUR WRATH!!

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Apparently we have been linked with this guy, member of the Uruguayan World Cup side. Would appear to be a very good pick up if we get him. As for the source, some facebook page so it may well just be rubbish.

Jonathan Urretaviscaya

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Urretaviscaya

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Surely we couldn't give him a good enough wage?
Does seem odd. The guy is literally in the prime of his career and just broke into the National side. I don't know what the wages in Mexico are like though.

Also Torres and Nick Feely are no longer listed on the club website (new players aren't up yet), so maybe that indicates they are gone?

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Went to the game last Wednesday where we played a 3-5-2. I think perhaps just one more decent attacking player and we've got our squad. Maybe even a striker unless Knowles steps up (if he gets a new contract). Jamal Reiners is still listed as a Glory player. Completely forgot about him.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Enjoyable experience from block 547.

I wasn't sold on Liam Reddy coming into the season but he was pretty damn good tonight. Whoever started RB, Franjic or Lowry I think, they got cut up all night.

I liked that we actually took a hold of the game once Chelsea put all their youth players on, I would've been a bit worried if we couldn't take the initiative against Chelsea Youth XI

I think we looked much better as soon as Castro came on. We actually looked like creating a decent chance.

I was in the active bay and I want to say that if you buy a ticket in the active bay, don't f******* complain and ruin it for everyone.

Whoever started RB, Franjic or Lowry I think, they got cut up all night.

That was Neville. Franjic was at LB.

Reynolds Number

Cancelled
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Stoke City, Dortmund, San José, As
Yeah a big * you to the librarians who dobbed both active supporter groups (Perth and Chelsea) to security over them standing and singing.

Now I know how that Brisbane Lions fan felt a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I think we looked much better as soon as Castro came on. We actually looked like creating a decent chance.

I was in the active bay and I want to say that if you buy a ticket in the active bay, don't f******* complain and ruin it for everyone.

That was Neville. Franjic was at LB.
Is Neville generally an average plod? Surely not that bad in the A League?

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
Anyone know why Knowles has been released? Seemed pretty good, I hope he gets another opportunity somewhere, can understand why he might not want to play third fiddle to Keogh and Santalab in a team that will probably only play 1 up front.

Aug 29, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Glory
Bit of a scratchy performance last night - felt like either team could've won and it came down to who took their chance to score.

Not sure about the right side of our defence. Dino wasn't great and Neville lacked the pace to get up and back. Would've much preferred Franjic on the right with Davidson on the left, and Neville taking Dino's spot at RCB.

We also missed Keogh up front and neither Stynes nor Santalab really had much impact. Castro showed his class when he came on and Kilkenny and Wilson (then Brimmer) were all decent in midfield.

A bit s**t to be out of the cup with the A-League not starting for another two months or whatever it is.

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
I was impressed with Ferreira's defensive side when Neville went forward leaving the flank exposed

Getting two yellow cards within 20 minutes didn't help our risk-taking when having to defend - especially when it got really slippery

Italiano made some good runs, but seemed to go missing at times. Kilkenny was our best player overall and Castro for the time he was on.

Too many chances gone begging in the box - especially the last 10-15 minutes. Hopefully we learn and build from this

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Not too concerned about last night as we are work in progress. When we're the finished package Neville and Dino will be nowhere near that side. Lack of finishing up front cost us. Ferrieria is going to be very hand. Kosta 'Shooshing' a hand full of fans in one area of the ground he scored was just bizarre. Is this a Kiwi thing?

Back