2017/18 Scottish Football Thread (Not a 1 team league. It's an 11 team race for second)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
SUNGLA_11062939jpg_2587384a.jpg

It's on again.

Was quite entertained with our match at Tynecastle last night. It's a shame that spud Armstrong is ahead of Rogic at the moment. Shocking refereeing with the penalty was per usual.

Should be a great season with some new clubs up and Rogers at Celtic. Aberdeen should have got 3 points last night.

Last edited:

SUNGLA_11062939jpg_2587384a.jpg

It's on again.

Was quite entertained with our match at Tynecastle last night. It's a shame that spud Armstrong is ahead of Rogic at the moment. Shocking refereeing with the penalty was per usual.

Should be a great season with some new clubs up and Rogers at Celtic. Aberdeen should have got 3 points last night.
latest

This picture is not of this season! You can tell just at the far-most right on the top row. This guy's team no longer plays Scottish League Football. East Sterlingshire have been relegated!

Say hello to Edinborough City, the newly promoted team in the Scottish Leagues. This is a big deal considering that promotion from the 5th tier to the 4th tier is not guaranteed due to how the structure works (that the bottom ranked team has to play off the 5th tier winner in a playoff that heavily favours the League 2 side.) EC's promotion is further impressive considering they have to win two playoff games against the other 5th tier league to make it against ES and win their promotion.

That said, it is a cool photo of all the Scottish League teams (and Berwick).

latest

This picture is not of this season! You can tell just at the far-most right on the top row. This guy's team no longer plays Scottish League Football. East Sterlingshire have been relegated!

Say hello to Edinborough City, the newly promoted team in the Scottish Leagues. This is a big deal considering that promotion from the 5th tier to the 4th tier is not guaranteed due to how the structure works (that the bottom ranked team has to play off the 5th tier winner in a playoff that heavily favours the League 2 side.) EC's promotion is further impressive considering they have to win two playoff games against the other 5th tier league to make it against ES and win their promotion.

That said, it is a cool photo of all the Scottish League teams (and Berwick).

I realised this once I noticed Celtic's strip still had Magner's on it but thought I could get away with it.

Inverness 2
Ross County 3

A Boyce hat trick help the Staggies to their first win of the league season and inflict our highland rivals to a 0-2 start.

Inverness looks like they could be this seasons Dundee United.;)

A 2-0 win against Kilmarnock sees the Staggies up to THIRD!!! Our highest ever position in the Scottish Premier League.
Liam Boyce scored both goals, giving him 5 from the last two games. Hopefully this isn't a short term goal burst which is typically of him, but can continue through the whole season, then perhaps the Staggies can remain in the top 6 for the whole season.

In the 22+ seasons that Ross County and Inverness have been in the football league, never has County been in the division above ICT. And while I like to see the two main Highland clubs being successful and playing in the top tier of Scottish Football, I would also like to see County spend a season or two as the only Highland team in the Premiership.

Bragging rights for a season or two would be fantastic for us Staggies supporters.:D

Last edited:
Celtic brilliant in attack but the defence is still a complete cluster*. The early game on Saturday was again a prime example. Smashing stuff from Rogic midweek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched last half hour of Kilmarnock vs Rangers. Huge difference to England's Premier League. Of course, the money difference is nothing new but they are really worlds apart now.

Got Celtic 5-0 for tomorrow night at....67/1 ;). Very long odds (especially if Leigh Griffiths it out) but it's a sign!

Great win on Saturday night.

Dembele took his chance with Griffiths out. A shame I missed out on my bet and the one on Barton getting a red. He was largely forgettable.

Sanderos..well..

senserosgif.gif

They're a new club and will no doubt take this as a learning lesson in the first season in the top division.

Very surprised he started that he lasted as long as he did. As the game went on the more he got kicked. Someone copped a yellow for persistent fouling.

Consecutive 0-0 draws away to Rangers and now Hearts have the Staggies sitting in the top half of the table. We are a 2 games through a 6 game tough stretch which includes a home game this weekend against St. Johnstone and two more away games against Aberdeen and Partick before finishing with a home game against Celtic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back