2017/18 Scottish Football Thread (Not a 1 team league. It's an 11 team race for second)

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Are there two closer grounds in "top" division world football? (yes I know the Arabs are in the Championship)
dens-park.jpg

Wingard#20

Debutant
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Kilmarnock
Dundee United flogging Cammy Bell on their Twitter feed. Rumour for the last few weeks is he's already agreed terms with Killie the 2 clubs just cant agree on a feed

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
League started again over the weekend.
Aberdeen off to a decent start with a 2-0 home win over Accies and followed it up this morning with a 1-0 win over Accies in the League Cup round of 16.

Scottish League Cup quarter-final draw:

Hibernian v Livingston

Motherwell v Aberdeen

Dundee v Celtic

Partick Thistle v Rangers

Ties to be played on 19/20/21 September

Any Hearts fans on here? Noticed Cathro got the sack a few days ago. Have been keeping an eye on results every now and then since he left us and believed he was struggling a bit but so close to the season start is a weird one (he was still in charge for our preseason friendly against them last month).

Even more scary is apparently McClaren is being linked to the job.:eek:

musha_13

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Victory, Heart of Midlothian
Any Hearts fans on here? Noticed Cathro got the sack a few days ago. Have been keeping an eye on results every now and then since he left us and believed he was struggling a bit but so close to the season start is a weird one (he was still in charge for our preseason friendly against them last month).

Even more scary is apparently McClaren is being linked to the job.:eek:

He was gash in the end, no progress, but was worth a try. Will be interesting who we bring in - we've got a half decent squad that should be pushing for 2nd with the right Head Coach.

Celtic will obviously run away with it, but will complain there is no competition - despite that being exactly what they asked for when Old Rangers & themselves hoarded the TV rights in the late 90s through the 2000s and ensured everyone else got a pittance.

He was gash in the end, no progress, but was worth a try. Will be interesting who we bring in - we've got a half decent squad that should be pushing for 2nd with the right Head Coach.

Celtic will obviously run away with it, but will complain there is no competition - despite that being exactly what they asked for when Old Rangers & themselves hoarded the TV rights in the late 90s through the 2000s and ensured everyone else got a pittance.

Shame to hear as he was pretty highly rated and worked under some good managers as an apprenticeship. Hopefully he can land on his feet and learn from the experience. I think I saw a headline where Rodgers was essentially saying he needed more time (maybe to put his footprint on the team).

musha_13

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Victory, Heart of Midlothian
Shame to hear as he was pretty highly rated and worked under some good managers as an apprenticeship. Hopefully he can land on his feet and learn from the experience. I think I saw a headline where Rodgers was essentially saying he needed more time (maybe to put his footprint on the team).

I think he's an excellent coach but from all reports needs a lot of work on the man management side of things. Probably got the job a little too early in his career.

A little disappointed losing to Aberdeen after scoring the first goal. The sale of Boyce preseason will be difficult to replace but after two games we look competitive, so hopefully we will avoid relegation again this season.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
A lot better day at Fir Park than 3 days ago when we were bundled out of the league cup. Nice solid 1-0 win to stay unbeaten in the league and sit second

We must be doing really poorly, because Ross County have just sacked their Manager, Jim McIntyre and Assistant Billy Dodds.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41391167

Apparently poor home form and "chemistry" are the reasons for their dismissals. They led us to sixth and seventh place finishes in the previous two season, so I think this may be a little harsh.

All the best Jim and Billy, you guided us to our first major trophy (2016 Scottish League Cup) and kept us in Premier League for a seventh straight season, which is most impressive for a team that plays out of a town of only 5500 people.

Back