2017/18 Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh i see...oz in tbe cricket,poms in the soccer....oz in netball and england in the rugby(atm) aye?...nice work ;)

Haha it's not a bandwagon thing, it's more cos we're such a non-entity in soccer that the Poms don't even feel like our rivals. Underachievers that they are, they're still in a completely different league to us. Plus the EPL is the only Pommy sports league I actually follow.

I'd still barrack hard for the Aussies if we ever drew them in the WC though.

Haha it's not a bandwagon thing, it's more cos we're such a non-entity in soccer that the Poms don't even feel like our rivals. Underachievers that they are, they're still in a completely different league to us. Plus the EPL is the only Pommy sports league I actually follow.

I'd still barrack hard for the Aussies if we ever drew them in the WC though.
Yeah mate only taking the piss,agree on british comedy-hale and pace,benny hill,young ones all some of me favs growing up

What an anticlimax... thought I was going to get to watch my first full day of cricket for the summer and now this. There was barely any rain showing on the radar yet somehow every drop of it is managing to go right over the oval.

Should give us the 2nd test before it gets too hot anyway.

I was up in brisbane for day 1 and the same thing happened a kilometre up the road was fine yet the only place in Brisbane it rained for 2 hours was the gabba

I was up in brisbane for day 1 and the same thing happened a kilometre up the road was fine yet the only place in Brisbane it rained for 2 hours was the gabba

Like they always say... you gotta love the irony of the English, of all people, inventing a sport where rain stops play.

I know I have been insulated from news and I find sports media to be more and more useless... but why the angst between Smith and the Poms?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I have been insulated from news and I find sports media to be more and more useless... but why the angst between Smith and the Poms?
They're all insulted that he laughed while Bancroft was telling the story about the headbutt. Apparently they twisted that into him disrespcting them somehow.

They're all insulted that he laughed while Bancroft was telling the story about the headbutt. Apparently they twisted that into him disrespcting them somehow.
So ridiculous then. Sounds like they are searching for a reason to fire up. You would think it being the ashes would be enough.

Root choosing to bowl first here was a massive gamble. And at stumps day 1 doesn’t look too flash.

It’s a decision that could well lose the Ashes. It wasn’t gonna win the ashes, but it could very well lose them.

Root choosing to bowl first here was a massive gamble. And at stumps day 1 doesn’t look too flash.

It’s a decision that could well lose the Ashes. It wasn’t gonna win the ashes, but it could very well lose them.
Disappointed none of the batsmen went on. All made good starts.

Ashes on the line for England in their first innings tonight (or first session tomorrow if Aussies can bat on) It's time for Australia to ramp up the run rate now as a quick 50 to 75 runs now will stretch England to their maximum to stay in the game.

Ashes on the line for England in their first innings tonight (or first session tomorrow if Aussies can bat on) It's time for Australia to ramp up the run rate now as a quick 50 to 75 runs now will stretch England to their maximum to stay in the game.
England will be thrown in to bat at twilight. Time for the Aussie's to start swinging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back