VFL 2017/18 VFL Offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone found out yet who the tall "Sudanese-type" (I don't think they come in any other size!) standing at the back in the group photo on page 8 is? I'm sure I saw him in another photo from last night's game against Richmond, but I can't see it anywhere now!

Has anyone found out yet who the tall "Sudanese-type" (I don't think they come in any other size!) standing at the back in the group photo on page 8 is? I'm sure I saw him in another photo from last night's game against Richmond, but I can't see it anywhere now!

He was in one of the tweeted photos in the VFL practice match thread. I can’t find it either, but I haven’t checked every page.

He played in the Intra-Club VFL Game but I not seen him in photo's last Night.

Guess he be on the VFL Rookie List

Good work! That is certainly the one. Someone should know who he is!!
Also in this one, apparently our list is now complete, but all our signings haven't been announced. Given his repeated presence I assume he's one of the 5 incoming players we don't yet know about.

Collingwood VFL list changes 2018 said:
Retained:
  1. Matt Smith
  2. Marty Hore
  3. Gus Borthwick
  4. Lachlan Tardrew
  5. Alex Woodward
  6. Lachlan Howe
  7. Campbell Lane
  8. Stephen Tahana
  9. Kye Beveridge
  10. Jackson Starcevich
  11. Jack Hellier
  12. Jack Blair
  13. Ryan Pendlebury
  14. Ash Close
  15. Jordan Collopy (changed from Northcote Park to Vermont)
  16. Michael Chippendale

New signings:
  1. Jack Roughsedge
  2. Sean Hetherington
  3. Daniel Stanford
  4. Nick Sing
  5. Elliott Le Grice
  6. Callan Wellings
  7. Andrew Gallucci
  8. Sam Ralph

Unknown:

1. Jordan Kelly (still training with us)
  2. Tom Cameron

Confirmed departures
:
  1. Nick Gray
  2. Josh Turner
  3. Marcus Alessi
  4. Max Kelly
  5. Lachlan Wallace
  6. Dale Hinkley
  7. Sam Barnett
  8. Michael Still
  9. Adrian Indovino
  10. Alex Mastromanno
  11. Matt La Fontaine
  12. Sean Fisher
  13. Rourke Fischer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also in this one, apparently our list is now complete, but all our signings haven't been announced. Given his repeated presence I assume he's one of the 5 incoming players we don't yet know about.

Thanks. Yes, I did mention that he was also in that earlier photo, so he has obviously been there for a fair while during the off-season and presumably will be on our list.

Thanks. Yes, I did mention that he was also in that earlier photo, so he has obviously been there for a fair while during the off-season and presumably will be on our list.

Probably on the VFL Rookie List

Probably on the VFL Rookie List
Seems likely, apparently senior list of 25 again next year. 24 confirmed and Jordan Kelly makes a complete senior list of 25.

Good work Dave. So attending StKevins, does that put him in our NGA area? Will he line up at Oakleigh?
He played for the Dandenong Stingrays a few years back and was invited to the Draft Combine in 2015; he then played TAC Cup again as an "overager" in 2016. So he should be turning 21 some time this year. He's been playing for St. Kevin's in the VAFA and was named in the VAFA squad for a representative game last season.

Jok represented the VAFA on a tour of Ireland last October. Nick Reeves-Smyth (Old Ivanhoe), who is also now playing for our VFL side, was another who went on that trip.

Damn

Jordan Kelly (30 games for club in 2016-17): “Jordan has had some body issues in the last year that have crept into this year and he’s going to have an operation on his hip that’ll cause him to miss most of the season.”

Sad but Glad we did not put on our List IF he be gone just about all Season and Hopefully he Re-Signs for 2019 VFL Season

He played for the Dandenong Stingrays a few years back and was invited to the Draft Combine in 2015; he then played TAC Cup again as an "overager" in 2016. So he should be turning 21 some time this year. He's been playing for St. Kevin's in the VAFA and was named in the VAFA squad for a representative game last season.

Jok represented the VAFA on a tour of Ireland last October. Nick Reeves-Smyth (Old Ivanhoe), who is also now playing for our VFL side, was another who went on that trip.

I have seen a bit of Thomas Jok. He was very quick and he tended to play sort of wing. If he got it, and he often did, he was away. From memory his skills were pretty good and that wasnt the issue. I think the issue was more he was very inconsistent and he tended to clutch at the footy and hence fumbled it a bit at times but he certainly read the play reasonably well. I thought he was on the cusp in either 15 or 16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back