Training 2017/2018 Pre-season Thread

Who will be our most improved for 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm decently indifferent to keeping Lynch, feels like he gets shut down way to easily when things don't go our way (I'd rate him being very similar to Jenkins in this regard on feel), but he is a solid, albiet unspectacular forward.

Hopefully he's willing to accept 4-450k.

Er no you are wrong. Vital player. Anyway he won't be going anywhere.

I don't think that will be the case. Endurance isn't usually something older players struggle with.
You're probably right. I admit I posted that in haste. To clarify my post what I probably meant was that we should absolutely not sell the farm to keep him. He'll probably continue his current output for a while longer injury permitting but that's his limit I'd say. Personally I think he'll sign on again for a modest contract.

The thing is, our opening offer could very well have been the same or even more than any other club would have offered to start negotiations, but as soon as there's any delay it's easy to say "Crows are low-balling" because that narrative is now accepted as fact whether it is true or not .

We need Lynch much the same as we need Sloane. They are both vital cogs in the game structure for us. I don't care who signs what (although I do care), we need Lynch and Sloane fit and firing for us to have any chance of a genuine premiership assault.

Do we want to be a serious contender or not? To do so requires you to keep your better players.

Whilst I wouldnt have paid Lever the money, there is no doubt he’s a quality player.
Cameron annoyed me but he filled a role and is a decent player.

Lynch, basically is up there in the competition as the best for playing his role.

We hope Doedee and Galluci can fill in for Lever and Cameron but that’s an if and will take time. Throw in someone else to replace Lynch and we start over again.

We’ve got to keep Lynch.
Absolutely.

You don't just let key players go... unless they are asking for way too much (like Lever) or they want to move for personal reasons (like Cameron)... or you are wanting picks for a rebuild (which we are not).

I'm sure both Lynch & AFC will be reasonable & get the deal done.

If we have a TTP issue (which I doubt), then you shed other mid paid players which are not as crucial to the team, which we have plenty of.

Champion Data's midfield rankings for 2018.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...8/news-story/f12fdceb85cb9c77cffe93dbe950ad9b

CHAMPION DATA’S 2018 MIDFIELD RATINGS

1. Sydney

2. GWS Giants

3. Collingwood

4. Western Bulldogs

5. Adelaide

6. Port Adelaide

7. Geelong

8. St Kilda

9. Hawthorn

10. Essendon

11. Melbourne

12. Richmond

13. North Melbourne

14. Fremantle

15. West Coast

16. Brisbane

17. Gold Coast

18. Carlton

melb and richmond can probably shake their heads at that list too. I think in last year's list we were ranked about 7th weren't we? Richmond wasn't ranked that high IIRC. I guess either the midfield at that important or their ranking system is s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the annual low balling call has cone from resident MMM flog Louie.

Claims we are low balling Tom Lynch.

I didnt realise he was out of contract for starters, but whats his worth? ( so whats a low ball)
I thought that was about the OTHER Tom Lynch...

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

I feel like the journo's throw the term low-balling around a little to easily. For instance I don't think that we really low-balled snake, we just didn't think that he was worth 750-800k per year. (I still don't)
Half of what journalists throw out to the public is pure speculation, not based on any facts or leaks .....they're called opinion pieces, designed to create discussion & click bate

Pleaese I hope that is true...McKay, Douglas and Gibbs. How about Seed, Hampton, even Gibson

Gibbs should be mid
Douglas is a mid and maybe HFF
McKay should be on the wing...in the SANFL
Douglas a strong chance back .....Gibbs / Greenwood frwd / mid

Yuck, yuck and super doubly-****ing yuck.

If Gibbs is anywhere but the midfield (and maaaaybe a short stint/rest at HB) I think I’ll cry. He’s wasted at HB! We NEED him in the midfield to support the crouches and maybe even allow Sloane to do some more damage forward of centre and help apply manic pressure in the F50, since that’s an area we are suffering in.

You can always float in some middle tier player such as Seedsman/Milera etc to play half back as the 7th man. Not god damn top echelon midfielders.

I’m assuming (and hoping) that Gibbs is just doing a bit of training there as a break glass emergency option.

Back