Training 2017/2018 Pre-season Thread

Who will be our most improved for 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps at 15? Wow I’d barely have him top 75 at the moment.
It's not perfect and Cripps is a good example - so are Mitchell at 14, Hibberd at 34, Selwood at 9 and Rance at 4 - but it wouldn't be easy to put together. Nathan Jones and Jack Steven are unlucky but I can't think of too many others who have missed out.

I know none of us including me ever read the Advertiser... but there is a great article today from Blight about Pyke and trust in our midfield, Plan Bs etc.

Talks about how the lessons of Geelong's midfield failures in grand finals drove his actions at Adelaide.

We were not going to blindly "trust" the midfield to ALWAYS deliver. If you wanted to play in the Crows midfield, you had to play in defence as well.

I know none of us including me ever read the Advertiser... but there is a great article today from Blight about Pyke and trust in our midfield, Plan Bs etc.

Talks about how the lessons of Geelong's midfield failures in grand finals drove his actions at Adelaide.
He rambles an enormous amount, but every now and then you get some gold like this. Its been a bug bear of mine that our midfield arent quite flexible enough. They are getting there though, most of them are dangerous forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was having a look at Footyology after seeing the post on the main board about the fixture toughness ... and the article about Adelaide's 2018 chance includes this line:

"But Pyke has at least a couple of players – Mitch McGovern and Alex Keath – who can slot comfortably into Lever’s spot."

Huh?

Connolly is a tool. He went on the Mangrook Footy Show last year and made some really crap factual errors about the Crows that showed he clearly had little if any knowledge of us and so I hit him up on twitter about it and he denied he’d gotten it wrong and proceeded to bite my head off. He’s just another Victorian clown with no idea.

We chose Knight ahead of a Brown, leading up to the draft there were good wraps about him and I wondered if we would regret it.

Imagine Brown instead of Jenkins
:(

Thanks for that. I was bitter before but now it’s on a whole new level.

Agreed 100%. I covered 9 of the 18 teams for Footy Prophet last year via the player news/draftstars tab on the Footy Live app, while working full time in another job and I was able to devote enough time to have a good knowledge of at least 80% or more of those AFL squads. It's really not that hard.

Especially if you use a place like Bigfooty smartly. Start a thread on each clubs board "who is your clubs fringe best 22 players". Research done for you, then you just refine what people come back with and add it to best 22's (which have threads on most boards anyway).

Back