Training 2017/2018 Pre-season Thread

Who will be our most improved for 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment I would have Dear in front of Easy because part of Jenkins role is Ruck relief. There is also the option then of ROB that could be considered depending on the circumstances. Elliot is going to be very good, but he is still growing, so you need to protect that body for the long term. To throw another option on is Keath who plays well up forward too.

It’s nice having a number of different options.

I want Keath at FF also, but that idea got shot down in flames :(

Kane McGoodwin looks pretty well developed physically and with an already good tank....look out. :):fire:

"Andrew McPherson had a quad injury in 2017, but he has overcome that since arriving at West Lakes and has trained more minutes than any first-year player. Training as a half-back, he has picked up the Crows' gameplan well.
The standout: While Fogarty is an eye-catcher, Andrew McPherson has backed up most training sessions and has quickly become conditioned to train at AFL level. His game knowledge has impressed his coaches."
Hopefully he is a surprise packet & gets some games this season.

Certainly more developed than when I saw him last with his old man, as he was still at primary school!

I can .....but the Age argument is irrelevant .....my view is 9 games at the Crows is too small a sample to make any assessment ...how he was treated at a startup club like GWS is really not a valid POV, so many difficulties to be accounted for

Lets have this debate at the end of this season .....then we can truly assess

After his first season, most here wanted McGovern delisted ......tut tut
Making things up to win an argument you are floundering in?

“Most here wanted Gov delisted after one year” what a crock of crap

At the moment I would have Dear in front of Easy because part of Jenkins role is Ruck relief. There is also the option then of ROB that could be considered depending on the circumstances. Elliot is going to be very good, but he is still growing, so you need to protect that body for the long term. To throw another option on is Keath who plays well up forward too.

It’s nice having a number of different options.

What makes you think Dear would be better as a second ruck?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone watch the open training today? (Unfortunately I had work to do today).

Was The Wayne running off half back?
How did Big Alex look?
And what about the amazing Doedee?

Ben Jarman still running laps, did Darren supervise his holiday period?

6-weeks-19.jpg

So ? .......gee you don't need to go & watch games ....you can assess players by simply looking at the B & F votes .....good luck with that

So?

You’re claiming your famously poor judgement is better than the coaches who watch the games

Anyway, let’s talk facts:

Coaches select the team

Selection therefore is based on the sentiment of the coaches

The best and fairest shows clearly and accurately what the views of his performance were in the eyes of the coaches

you’d have to be seriously impaired to not see the connection

So?

You’re claiming your famously poor judgement is better than the coaches who watch the games

Anyway, let’s talk facts:

Coaches select the team

Selection therefore is based on the sentiment of the coaches

The best and fairest shows clearly and accurately what the views of his performance were in the eyes of the coaches

you’d have to be seriously impaired to not see the connection

I agree that the coaches select the team and they give the votes but, are we not told (by a few, I must admit) that most of our coaches do not know what they are doing? I think they bring out our GF selection as their best argument re coaches knowledge. Maybe Wayne is one of these?

Back