MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

After smith talked a ripper, first cummins then hazelwood put down catches test players should take . Boys look a little tired to me

Spinners bowling no balls... silly boy.

If we keep batting well today, we should be around 120 infront.

If we keep batting well today, we should be around 120 infront.

Ideally we'd be 500 odd overnight, given this is the second day and all.

Also, wow... Marsh has missed that by a foot. Good review says Clarkey? I'm sure Marsh knew he would've missed it by a mile.

Michael Clarke at it again. Mitchell Marsh comes in and his Test stats come up; "his numbers don't tell the full story". Clarkey, this is a Test match and that's exactly what the numbers do.

Can't help thinking Bancroft didn't bring anything more than Renshaw showed Both teams look like they will glad to see the end of this series

Ideally we'd be 500 odd overnight, given this is the second day and all.

Also, wow... Marsh has missed that by a foot. Good review says Clarkey? I'm sure Marsh knew he would've missed it by a mile.

It’s day three.....

Ideally we’d be 150 infront at stumps but
no side has really scored at 3.5 - 4 runs an over all series

It’s day three.....

Ideally we’d be 150 infront at stumps but
no side has really scored at 3.5 - 4 runs an over all series

Fair comment, but I'd expect decent batsmen to be able to put a tired attack to the sword in 3rd session of their second day in the field. Its not unreasonable to score 6 an over in a session. Could see by the way Khawaja was playing (and went out) that he was trying to up the run rate and pile some runs on, but he went charging early at the young spinner.

Pitch is turning and the bounce is up and down, so you're right, probably not going to happen. Bit of a concern though if we're going to batting last on this and having to chase a half decent total or bat for a length of time.

Fair comment, but I'd expect decent batsmen to be able to put a tired attack to the sword in 3rd session of their second day in the field. Its not unreasonable to score 6 an over in a session. Could see by the way Khawaja was playing (and went out) that he was trying to up the run rate and pile some runs on, but he went charging early at the young spinner.

Pitch is turning and the bounce is up and down, so you're right, probably not going to happen. Bit of a concern though if we're going to batting last on this and having to chase a half decent total or bat for a length of time.

Not unreasonable at all, and agree we should of been closer to 500 as opposed to 450, but all series England haven’t bowled that bad and leaked runs. The whole point of taking a bit more time now would be to post a score (600 plus) that we can bowl England out without having to bat again.

Edit: if m marsh keeps going we will nudge 500

Not unreasonable at all, and agree we should of been closer to 500 as opposed to 450, but all series England haven’t bowled that bad and leaked runs. The whole point of taking a bit more time now would be to post a score (600 plus) that we can bowl England out without having to bat again.

Edit: if m marsh keeps going we will nudge 500

Your initial estimate looks like being on the money. Shaun Marsh will slow up looking for a ton, and I'd be surprised if Mitchell can keep doing what he's doing because he's just not good enough to. Looked like getting out every 2nd ball in the first hour he batted.

(tomorrow, after M.Marsh cracks 200...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we’ve scored at 6 an over the last 10 overs

Your initial estimate looks like being on the money. Shaun Marsh will slow up looking for a ton, and I'd be surprised if Mitchell can keep doing what he's doing because he's just not good enough to. Looked like getting out every 2nd ball in the first hour he batted.

(tomorrow, after M.Marsh cracks 200...)

Hoping Paine can score a run a ball 50

Literally flick on the cricket to see Mitch Marsh hit two to get his ton, and then get depegged next ball. Good timing. England have made some our batsmen look like worldbeaters this series.

England’s attack is so tame and all so alike, unless broad and Anderson get the ball swinging they don’t look dangerous. Hazlewood Cummins and Starc are all different bowlers but are all faster than England’s bowlers. Lyon has bowled well in all conditions, Ali has looked like a part timer his whole series

Bancroft and Handscomb are the only guys who haven't cashed in out of the top 6 batsmen.

Yep, agree, like the variation and balance in our attack. South Africa will be a sterner test, but this attack is as good as we've had for years. As you say... England's attack is composed of a couple of older guys who are at the end of their run, a new young "quick" bowling 125 kph, a mediocre spinner and a promising but raw leggy. Woakes and Overton were serviceable. They really lack a genuine threat and have also struggled to dry up the runs (other than Anderson). Ali has been the worst... can't take wickets, very high economy, no runs. Basically a wasted spot.

Aus Stats.JPG Eng Stats.JPG

The SA attack looks scary, that series will be determined by which top 6, can withstand the oppposing bowling attack.

Literally flick on the cricket to see Mitch Marsh hit two to get his ton, and then get depegged next ball. Good timing. England have made some our batsmen look like worldbeaters this series.
"My work here is done, time to head to the sheds"

Also i'm a Melbourne Star man, and much like every other year. Big Names, No show. Should Finnish last and deserve too.

Gave up White to get KP and White is playing great for the Renegades

Also i'm a Melbourne Star man, and much like every other year. Big Names, No show. Should Finnish last and deserve too.

Gave up White to get KP and White is playing great for the Renegades

I was a Stars supporter up until the summer they signed Clarke (which for memory also pushed White out) Now don’t get me wrong Clarke is a fantastic test batsmen and during his time there was a place for him as an odi batsmen to work he ball during the 15-40 over mark.

But he is/was a horrible T20 batsmen, could not hit the ball out of the 30 yard circle. Eddie and co in all heir infinite wisdom signed him up only never to play a game. It just summarieses the level of incompetence of the stars hierarchy. T20 is a completely separate game and all test/odi reputations should be ignored.

Look at Mohammed Nabi, no one has probably even heard of him before last nights game. But it shows astute knowledge of the game to go out and recruit a no name overseas player like that who is suited to the T20 game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back