MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone enlighten me as to why England's One-Day colours are blue and pink?

Not sure, what colours should they be?

Good to see the Aussies in yellow uniform, much better than the dark geeen they’ve run with for a lot of the recent home summers.

I might sound bias here but I think Maxwell is a better option than head, I think head is a restricted batsman but at this stage the selectors see him as safer and more reliable.

Good to see the Aussies in yellow uniform, much better than the dark geeen they’ve run with for a lot of the recent home summers.

I might sound bias here but I think Maxwell is a better option than head, I think head is a restricted batsman but at this stage the selectors see him as safer and more reliable.

Would have Shaun Marsh ahead of either of them. Guy has a good one day record, and we have plenty of bowling options so don't need Maxwell or Head's part time offerings.

Would have Shaun Marsh ahead of either of them. Guy has a good one day record, and we have plenty of bowling options so don't need Maxwell or Head's part time offerings.

Maybe selectors see s marsh as an opener in the short form? No reason he can’t play in the middle order.

Great knock by finch, hoping he can get a big 100 today.

Maybe selectors see s marsh as an opener in the short form? No reason he can’t play in the middle order.

Great knock by finch, hoping he can get a big 100 today.

I don't know what Head is supposed to be. Has a very awkward technique, would think he'd get figured out at this level fairly quickly.

Only switched on 10 minutes ago. Finch is distinctly ordinary, never been a fan. Good at bullying crap attacks on flat pitches and not much else.

I don't know what Head is supposed to be. Has a very awkward technique, would think he'd get figured out at this level fairly quickly.

Only switched on 10 minutes ago. Finch is distinctly ordinary, never been a fan. Good at bullying crap attacks on flat pitches and not much else.

Head is very bottom hand donainte, almost chokes the bat. He finds it tough to score from third man to cover, he basically can’t play a cut shot.

Crap attacks on flat decks is 90% of one dayers these days :p

Head is very bottom hand donainte, almost chokes the bat. He finds it tough to score from third man to cover, he basically can’t play a cut shot.

Crap attacks on flat decks is 90% of one dayers these days :p

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it. He finds it very hard to rotate the strike and if he's not hitting them cleanly on the day, he really is a nothing batsman.

Very true. I'd guess Finch's one-day average would be mid 40 odd? Would be higher than his first class average.

And WTF Marsh? Been in for 70 odd deliveries and decides to play for a decent amount of turn? Rashid has hardly deviated off the straight.

They've been blue and red forever haven't they? I don't actually mind the colour combo, nor their kit. I just thought it an interesting colour change that they've made for seemingly no reason.

Cummins is a better batsman than Starc, but Starc is a better hitter than Cummins. They’ve got them in the wrong spots for tests and ODIs

Eh, Starc is a clean hitter but a hopeless slogger. I'd have Cummins ahead of him in both forms.

We'll see how long England can maintain this. Its a good pitch and there's plenty of pace on the ball, but the Poms are certainly chancing their arms.

Eh, Starc is a clean hitter but a hopeless slogger. I'd have Cummins ahead of him in both forms.

We'll see how long England can maintain this. Its a good pitch and there's plenty of pace on the ball, but the Poms are certainly chancing their arms.

Just depends on the situation, if there is 3 overs left I’d send Starc in, if we are 6 down with 20 overs left send Cummins in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just depends on the situation, if there is 3 overs left I’d send Starc in, if we are 6 down with 20 overs left send Cummins in

Fair enough, but I'd still send Cummins in. He can give it a fair heave himself, so unless its a RH leggy bowling so Starc can pretty much slog sweep everything, I'll back Cummins in to do the job. Has more shots and is a better bat.

Need to get Roy out here. Poms still have a bit of batting in the sheds, so need to get that required run rate over 6. If we let this get to a T20 style chase, we'll lose.

Poms doing this very easy. Doesn't look like we've got any plans to get the batsmen out - just hoping for a mishit shot or a mistake.

26231639_1785908531455827_8654227669566897912_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back