MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming into the BBL i could not be so prepared for how awful the Stars where going to be.

Also i have no idea why people think Maxwell is stiff to miss the ODI squad. Alright i haven't seen him play Sheffield games to make a completely fair assessment of his performance, but i haven't really seen him do anything in the bbl to warrant a spot.

two years ago i thought Maxwell and Faulkner where good Twenty20 players. Instant in's in the international side, so they looked so good on the Stars list, but nothing

Coming into the BBL i could not be so prepared for how awful the Stars where going to be.

Also i have no idea why people think Maxwell is stiff to miss the ODI squad. Alright i haven't seen him play Sheffield games to make a completely fair assessment of his performance, but i haven't really seen him do anything in the bbl to warrant a spot.

two years ago i thought Maxwell and Faulkner where good Twenty20 players. Instant in's in the international side, so they looked so good on the Stars list, but nothing

The problem with the stars is the pick name players, personally I think you should do a moneyball type team selection when it comes to T20 sides.

Many hasn’t been to bad this BBL, he has two 50’s and a couple of starts. But due to early wickets and maybe directions from Lehmann and co he has tempered his batting.

Faulkner is past his best, particularly his batting. Wright is past it, Pietersen has walked away at the right time. So is Hastings.

Back to my moneyball - I think even handscomb isn’t a great selection. A good first class player but not a good t20 players.

Coleman has been a good find, a perfect example on picking a bloke on his ability that suits that game rather reputation at others forms.

White batting his way back out of the team currently.

Looks more worried about going out then making runs. Hope he opens up now with 4 overs to go.

White batting his way back out of the team currently.

Looks more worried about going out then making runs. Hope he opens up now with 4 overs to go.
And now he just ran out Carey who was keeping the runs ticking over.

Big 2 overs coming up to avoid this being one of the shorter comebacks in history.

Been watching for 3 or 4 overs and everything seems to be coming crisply out of the middle of the bat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute shambles that we've dropped Zampa, not brought up Lyon and gone with part time spinners when their three took 5 wickets ... 5 of our first 6 batsmen no less.

True, but three of our top six are Head, Marsh and Stoinis...

Not sure what White is doing in the team. Noodling at 7 and you wouldn't bowl him. Don't like Maxwell but surely he's better than White. Also, if they're ignoring Maxwell, why not go with Short who is actually in form?

Not sure what White is doing in the team. Noodling at 7 and you wouldn't bowl him. Don't like Maxwell but surely he's better than White. Also, if they're ignoring Maxwell, why not go with Short who is actually in form?
White has shown more forum in BBL than Maxwell. Short though should go ahead of both

Tough on Marsh who has been in good form, and got a start today. Stoinis is of more use when he doesn't need to save the innings I think ... Head I don't get at all at this point, hasn't done anything with the bat, and looks pretty rubbish with the ball.

Short has to come in for the next match surely? Can't miss the middle of the bat at the moment, plus looks a better part time spin option that Head.

Tough on Marsh who has been in good form, and got a start today. Stoinis is of more use when he doesn't need to save the innings I think ... Head I don't get at all at this point, hasn't done anything with the bat, and looks pretty rubbish with the ball.

Short has to come in for the next match surely? Can't miss the middle of the bat at the moment, plus looks a better part time spin option that Head.

Eh, I don't rate the three of them particularly highly. Would've said the same of Finch except he's tonned up both innings... bizarre he can't score at at least a run a ball though on flat decks. That's supposed to be his forte, after all.

Yep, agree on Short, looks a useful cricketer and has form which is more than you can say for a few of the others.

Just had a look at White's recent innings and fair cop, he does have a fair few runs under the belt. Doesn't make him any less of a hack, though. Bugger Maxwell, too. Need to stay with a proven method and pluck another New South Welshman out of the mix for a 5 year trial in the team.

But short is an opener, you aren’t going to replace warner or finch. It would be strange to put short in the middle order, but it’s not like it hasn’t been done. And agree his chinamans are usueful

But short is an opener, you aren’t going to replace warner or finch. It would be strange to put short in the middle order, but it’s not like it hasn’t been done. And agree his chinamans are usueful

Eh, someone who hits them as clean as that... would be fine in the middle order. Reason he opens in T20 is the powerplay.

Eh, someone who hits them as clean as that... would be fine in the middle order. Reason he opens in T20 is the powerplay.

But you’d either want him in to open during the power play or bat at 6 for the last 12 overs, which we already have big hitters in marsh and stonis.

Batting him at 4 in the middle overs is not what he has been doing during his big bash

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to see him in the side, as I said during the last game Head is a limited player and can get bogged down easily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back