MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Very much so - it's so oversold that she's our Dasha, it makes me think we know deep down she isn't our Dasha but we're in denial...

Also the name Dasha gives me the shits. Can't we just call her Daria or Gavrilova?
Agree. Sounds like a reindeer. Or am I thinking of a member of the 7 dwarves?

I really like England's one day side. They seem to have found that balance between big-hitters and stayers that Australia hasn't. They also have a great bowling line-up, all of whom can bat. The weak point is Ali, who seems to do the opposite of what his team needs from him. On the other hand, how good is Joe Root? Yes, cool memes, couldn't close off a century, but I've never seen an English middle-order player push singles and rotate the strike like he does whilst also being capable of the extraordinary.

Australia's looks unimpressive, to me. We have been looking for a #3 at Test and ODI level since Ponting retired, and haven't found one. Head is a waste of space, Stoinis and Marsh are both decent (not excellent) all-rounders. Like the look of Carey, I don't see Paine as a long-term solution so perhaps they need to invest for time in him?

Smith listed at 4 today. We will wait and see if he bats there but I think it’s a much better position for the team with smith at 4. You need 3 at the top that can go hard.

If we lose some early wickets smith can steady the ship and anchor the innings like root has been doing. Then let marsh and stonis do the hitting at the end.

I wonder about ball tracking sometimes. Finch was a fair way forward there and that was angling down leg. Not a great call from the umpire... problem with reviews is that batsmen tend to lose the benefit of the doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just as well we have the ashes , cause we have been outplayed in the one day games
Does anyone really care? One day cricket is boring as *. Test is #1 for me with T20 close behind. I would not care if ODIs got the flick.

Some consistency from the cheating zebras might have helped. Actually they are consistent - always favouring the Patriots.
Can't believe that there wasn't one penalty all day...

Does anyone really care? One day cricket is boring as ****. Test is #1 for me with T20 close behind. I would not care if ODIs got the flick.
ODI is virtually a dead format. It was good fun back in the 80s, but then it had to have so many rule tweaks because the result depended heavily on who won the toss, and then with the introduction of T20 I think the last nails started getting hammered in on one-day.

The tests are still the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back