MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith is trying to save his skin.

I agree, he's trying to share the blame around. The "captain" doing his best to drag the rest of the side down with him is antithetical to what the captain is supposed to do.

If you're going to take such a high risk to cheat in this way, then you must know the method works, which suggest more than likely that they've done it before.

Nah , well not something as stupid as this .

Why not? Why take such an incredible risk for an unknown reward? Arguably they practised doing this out of a game situation but either way it sounds well planned. Getting the new kid to do it was 'smart' because in the general course of play people are more likely to be focused on the more known players and captain.

Why not? Why take such an incredible risk for an unknown reward? Arguably they practised doing this out of a game situation but either way it sounds well planned. Getting the new kid to do it was 'smart' because in the general course of play people are more likely to be focused on the more known players and captain.
Sounds more like a panic move as we are getting belted this test . Maybe I just don't want to believe they have done this before . Even if they have

Sounds more like a panic move as we are getting belted this test . Maybe I just don't want to believe they have done this before . Even if they have

It's very disturbing. Not entirely sure where that leaves these guys, can they ever be selected again or should they be suspended? Selecting them again without no suspension though would say we condone cheating.

nearly every cricket team tries to cheat 1 way or another whether its a sticky pastille or using the adhesive from plasters around fingers to having s**t in ya pocket. But hey lets blow this up like its never been done before

Sack them all. Happy for them to have the chance to play there way back into the team, but I would rather lose every game than be a bunch of ball tampering cheats. Next thing our players will be getting arrested for match fixing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we finished the match well and the team can hold their heads high.

Storm in a teacup tbh. Every single country does it. The South African captain got caught just a year or so ago. The poms got caught a few years ago with mints. Complete over reaction from the media and Australian public. Hand out some suspensions and heavy fines and move on. The reaction is like the guys were match fixing. They simply did what all countries do, try gaining an advantage by bending the rules a little. And it didn't even help them do that. Move on..

Storm in a teacup tbh. Every single country does it. The South African captain got caught just a year or so ago. The poms got caught a few years ago with mints. Complete over reaction from the media and Australian public. Hand out some suspensions and heavy fines and move on. The reaction is like the guys were match fixing. They simply did what all countries do, try gaining an advantage by bending the rules a little. And it didn't even help them do that. Move on..
Aussies like to play honorable line and think only other countries cheat, not us.

I reckon if the Aussie cricket board is serioys Smith and Warner get auto 1 year bans and if Lehman knew he gets a life ban.

obviously this isnt a one off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good ol Simpsons
9f7d39b1c217e6540e42176b13de0f35.jpg
fca3e9fe63e81920a7d3fb45ba8a95e5.jpg

There seems to be a bit of payback going on with some of the outrage from media pundits around the world and here . When a bloke not noted for have any interest in cricket ( Turnbull ) get splashed across the front pages i am a bit sus . Also smacks of we can dish out the verbals but can't take it .

Aussies like to play honorable line and think only other countries cheat, not us.

I reckon if the Aussie cricket board is serioys Smith and Warner get auto 1 year bans and if Lehman knew he gets a life ban.

obviously this isnt a one off

see the video of Bancroft popping a bit of sugar in his pocket in last ashes test

Good ol Simpsons
9f7d39b1c217e6540e42176b13de0f35.jpg
fca3e9fe63e81920a7d3fb45ba8a95e5.jpg

The Cricket-related Simpsons Quotes on Facebook has been straight fire. It's been amazing.

That first one was up by I reckon 10am the day we found out.

I would quite like to see Warner and Smith banned for an extended period. Warner, because he's a tool, and Smith... also a tool, albeit less of one.

I also think people are jumping to conclusions re: the sugar, lollies, etc accusation. From my understanding, every test playing nation has a designated diabetes emergency response person on the field. They regularly check their stock of medicinals to ensure they're prepared for a low blood sugar event. It sickens and disappoints me to see so many people assuming the worst of noble cricketers on this front.

I don't get this country any more . Of all the things we could and should be outraged over , we are outraged by this . Any way I reckon smith is gone for a spell , his presser was like a 10 yo fessing up to knicking $5 from his mums purse , ACB is pissed cause of upcoming TV rights , there is now a suggestion the TV media was tipped off something was going on , hence the focus on bancrofts pockets . Loss of sponsors could cost smith as well . He's well and truly ****ed .

I don't get this country any more . Of all the things we could and should be outraged over , we are outraged by this . Any way I reckon smith is gone for a spell , his presser was like a 10 yo fessing up to knicking $5 from his mums purse , ACB is pissed cause of upcoming TV rights , there is now a suggestion the TV media was tipped off something was going on , hence the focus on bancrofts pockets . Loss of sponsors could cost smith as well . He's well and truly ****** .
I would say the outrage stems from the fact as Australians we expect our sports people to give 100% and not cheat. It is always other countries that cheat, not ours.
Now these guys have destroyed that notion the country is rightly outraged. Especially considering the Australian cricket team atm was not universally loved like previous generations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back