MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get this country any more . Of all the things we could and should be outraged over , we are outraged by this . Any way I reckon smith is gone for a spell , his presser was like a 10 yo fessing up to knicking $5 from his mums purse , ACB is pissed cause of upcoming TV rights , there is now a suggestion the TV media was tipped off something was going on , hence the focus on bancrofts pockets . Loss of sponsors could cost smith as well . He's well and truly ****** .
I heard yesterday that CA had recently sent back all of the TV Rights offers demanding more money ... geez thats bad timing, no doubt the offers will come back vastly different tho.

I would say the outrage stems from the fact as Australians we expect our sports people to give 100% and not cheat. It is always other countries that cheat, not ours.
Now these guys have destroyed that notion the country is rightly outraged. Especially considering the Australian cricket team atm was not universally loved like previous generations

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I get the outrage from here , sort of , but some of the s**t from other known countries that have done worse ie match fixing etc seems purely payback .

I would quite like to see Warner and Smith banned for an extended period. Warner, because he's a tool, and Smith... also a tool, albeit less of one.

I also think people are jumping to conclusions re: the sugar, lollies, etc accusation. From my understanding, every test playing nation has a designated diabetes emergency response person on the field. They regularly check their stock of medicinals to ensure they're prepared for a low blood sugar event. It sickens and disappoints me to see so many people assuming the worst of noble cricketers on this front.
When was the last time Warner hit a test ton . Smith has been even worse this series . Why wasn't boof at the press conference ? He looks like he was in on this or at least knew. Maybe they should just invent a ball that is shiney on one side and rough on the other side .

I get the outrage from here , sort of , but some of the s**t from other known countries that have done worse ie match fixing etc seems purely payback .
i reckon a few of the aussies aren't very popular. Thats wht

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think Warner Smith and Lehmann should all cop somewhere from 2 years to sacked but I also find it laughable the other countries on their high horses.

Like the kid who gets busted having a wank and everyone laughs at him meanwhile behind the smile thinking ******* glad it wasn't me.

Both the south African captain and the English captain of 05 ball tampered. You can't finger us just because we found a better way of doing it all be it while getting caught.

I think Warner Smith and Lehmann should all cop somewhere from 2 years to sacked but I also find it laughable the other countries on their high horses.
100% this mate.
I've softened a little from my original stance where I had everyone involved given the arse for good to what you've said where they should sit out of the game for a couple of years and never be in a leadership role if/when they return.
We as Aussies are entitled to be furious with these guys but I too find it hilarious, the sh*t we're copping from past and present players from other nations.
We as a country stand for more so I hope we lead the way and come down hard but 'ball tampering' has been happening in many forms for years and it will continue. That doesn't make what we did ok but look back at some previous misdemeanours where blokes have copped a slap on the wrist and those same blokes are howling us down. It's a classic.
I hate them for what they've done but let's make sure the punishment fits the crime because I can handle standing at the G on Boxing Day with Pommy fans calling us cheats as Starc runs through their tail again!

100% this mate.
I've softened a little from my original stance where I had everyone involved given the arse for good to what you've said where they should sit out of the game for a couple of years and never be in a leadership role if/when they return.
We as Aussies are entitled to be furious with these guys but I too find it hilarious, the sh*t we're copping from past and present players from other nations.
We as a country stand for more so I hope we lead the way and come down hard but 'ball tampering' has been happening in many forms for years and it will continue. That doesn't make what we did ok but look back at some previous misdemeanours where blokes have copped a slap on the wrist and those same blokes are howling us down. It's a classic.
I hate them for what they've done but let's make sure the punishment fits the crime because I can handle standing at the G on Boxing Day with Pommy fans calling us cheats as Starc runs through their tail again!

Literally Faf Du Plessis was done for ball tampering last year. Seems everyone's angry because we found a really good way of doing it until we were caught

Literally Faf Du Plessis was done for ball tampering last year. Seems everyone's angry because we found a really good way of doing it until we were caught
really good way of doing it? is that why we lost in 4 days and not 3?
find it funny you can alter the ball with spit and rubbing it but use anything else and ppl want them gone forever its laughable. name another ball sport where youre aloud to * around with the ball just cant use sticky s**t or sharp objects

find it funny you can alter the ball with spit and rubbing it but use anything else and ppl want them gone forever its laughable. name another ball sport where youre aloud to **** around with the ball just cant use sticky s**t or sharp objects
I don't even know where to start with this one mate... What a rubbish post.

EDIT: Completely misunderstood your post mate, my apologies as a actually agree!! :thumbsupemoji::thumbsupemoji:

Last edited:
find it funny you can alter the ball with spit and rubbing it but use anything else and ppl want them gone forever its laughable. name another ball sport where youre aloud to **** around with the ball just cant use sticky s**t or sharp objects

We lost because of our batting but I completely agree. We found a good way of cheating while other countries are ******* around with mediocre ways of cheating.

Seriously every country tries to alter the ball from pinging it into the practice wickets to rubbing mints and picking at the seams.

Pretty easy solution would be to stop all teams being allowed to attempt to alter the ball in anyway at all.

So.... I'd like to thank Steve Smith for dragging Warner down with him. 12 months each. Cameron Bancroft the unlucky pig on the spit for 9 months. Quite the hole it leaves in our batting order, but oh well. Something ironic in all these batsmen going down trying to help the bowlers out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So.... I'd like to thank Steve Smith for dragging Warner down with him. 12 months each. Cameron Bancroft the unlucky pig on the spit for 9 months. Quite the hole it leaves in our batting order, but oh well. Something ironic in all these batsmen going down trying to help the bowlers out.
They should count themselves lucky they're not heading into the Aus Summer after this series. Even with the bans the home crowds will have turned

I still love the hypocrisy of other nations

If Faf and AB did this south africa would still be appealing one game bans and the English wouldn't have even suspended them

He's been found guilty twice, not one game suspended.

He's been found guilty twice, not one game suspended.

I totally forgot until sam Newman pointed it out on the footy show that he was scratching the ball on a zip on his whites. Why the * was there a zip on his cricket pants? That's planned cheating.

I honestly think Smith was trying to be honorable by admitting guilt straight away and taking it as a 'team'. He would have had no idea the implications this had especially when his opposition captain has been caught twice and never received a ban. They were probably expecting to lose their match fee but instead we have let the vindictive English and Saffa presses decide what our punishment should be

I totally forgot until sam Newman pointed it out on the footy show that he was scratching the ball on a zip on his whites. Why the **** was there a zip on his cricket pants? That's planned cheating.

I honestly think Smith was trying to be honorable by admitting guilt straight away and taking it as a 'team'. He would have had no idea the implications this had especially when his opposition captain has been caught twice and never received a ban. They were probably expecting to lose their match fee but instead we have let the vindictive English and Saffa presses decide what our punishment should be
Smith had absolutely no idea about the punishment he was about to face, the precedent was set, I believe no player has ever got more than a 1 match ban by the ICC for ball tampering, and that's exactly what Smith got from them, Bancroft didn't get any.

The ACB though have now set a precedent for Australia and hopefully the rest of the world too.

James Sutherland is a complete *******. Cricket in Sustralia has gone down the toilet under his watch. He has sold the game out and prioritized tv rights and the ICB over people actually going to the game. He should be sacked for the good of the game. He’s been worse than inept. He’s left the game way worse off than he found it.

Smith had absolutely no idea about the punishment he was about to face, the precedent was set, I believe no player has ever got more than a 1 match ban by the ICC for ball tampering, and that's exactly what Smith got from them, Bancroft didn't get any.

The ACB though have now set a precedent for Australia and hopefully the rest of the world too.

Smith and Warner are both losing over 3 million each for something no one else has been punished for. Whether you like them or not this became a which hunt.

Smith and Warner are both losing over 3 million each for something no one else has been punished for. Whether you like them or not this became a which hunt.
There penalties are way too harsh. If the ICC barely give out 1 game penalties then the crime is most likely not as bad as what the Australian media and public hysteria believe. They should of tried to stamp it out with bigger penalties in the past but year long is way too much.

There penalties are way too harsh. If the ICC barely give out 1 game penalties then the crime is most likely not as bad as what the Australian media and public hysteria believe. They should of tried to stamp it out with bigger penalties in the past but year long is way too much.

I would have been fine with them being stripped of leadership roles for good.
If you hit someone with your cricket bat you wouldn't get banned as long

Still thinking about this. If smith had scratched it on his zip, thrown it to warner who picked the seam and given it Bancroft who rubbed mints on it there would have been no bans and no one would have cared about it.

If Bancroft had said he had some tape is his pocket and he thought * it I'll try gain something here there would have been no punishments. This has all come back to smith trying to do the honorable thing

There is more to this than we are being told I think . Funny though in terms of sporting scandals across the world this is barely noteworthy apart from a handfull of countries . Ignore the poms , anything to distract from a pommy team that has lost 10 of their last 12 tests. Anyway to me the "spirit of cricket " died long before players started fiddling with the ball .

TBH - regardless of whether other countries have done yada yada, I would be okay with Smith copping a life ban. Who cares if he is a good cricketer? Hansie Cronje could play a bit too - I doubt South Africa were delighted when he dropped out of selection.

A year seems a bit meh. Make a statement for the good of the game and maybe have a few others worldwide think twice before pulling these stunts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back