MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

So.... I'd like to thank Steve Smith for dragging Warner down with him. 12 months each. Cameron Bancroft the unlucky pig on the spit for 9 months. Quite the hole it leaves in our batting order, but oh well. Something ironic in all these batsmen going down trying to help the bowlers out.
For this I am grateful. The reason I haven’t been campaigning for a life ban for Warner is pretty much because I year will see him out - I can’t see him getting back. Not sure his team would have him back anyway in the unlikely scenario that he does spend the time working on his fitness etc to be ready to return.

Smith had absolutely no idea about the punishment he was about to face, the precedent was set, I believe no player has ever got more than a 1 match ban by the ICC for ball tampering, and that's exactly what Smith got from them, Bancroft didn't get any.

The ACB though have now set a precedent for Australia and hopefully the rest of the world too.
It should be the ICC setting precedents not CA.
While its an admirable stance to take you just know when the Indians or South Africans are next involved in a scandal they will be fighting tooth and nail to justify those involved actions or try & cover it up.

Pretty obvious the bans have nothing to do with the "crime" and everything to do with the brand preservation of ACB . Too late . Time for the media and public to move on

I still love the hypocrisy of other nations

If Faf and AB did this south africa would still be appealing one game bans and the English wouldn't have even suspended them

Knighthoods!

It might have been enforced, but surely Renshaw, Burns, Khawaja, Handscomb, Marsh and Marsh is the worst top 6 we've ever lined up in a Test match. If not all time, than certainly since World Series cricket. Khawaja and Handscomb are the only ones averaging over 40, and Handscomb is only still topping forty due to his stunning early form.

Cricket team played like a group who couldn't wait to gtfo of Sth Africa . Feel sorry for Renshaw and bird but I wonder who's idea it was to send 2 jet lagged batters out to open together . Not that it mattered much as our bowlers didn't do much either . A test series that started with promise and ended up a cluster*.

Would rather watch paint dry.
This was the exact phrasing I used to refer to exactly the same idea of watching the Comm Games not 30mins ago.

Are you me?

This was the exact phrasing I used to refer to exactly the same idea of watching the Comm Games not 30mins ago.

Are you me?
I'm Garry Lyon.

Seriously though, the Comm Games are one of the bigger wanks going around.
Let's have a mini Olympis without all the good countries!

Surprised walking is still a sport. Who goes out and wants to be the fastest walker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised walking is still a sport. Who goes out and wants to be the fastest walker?
I used to share an aths track with a team of walkers, watching them get around the track made it pretty clear to not underestimate how impressive they are as athletes, incredible how fast they move while having to focus so much on technique.

Speaking of the Comm Games, I love that they've combined the Para Games in there

Not sure if I've seen much as cringe worthy as Malcom Turnbull inexplicably arm in arm amongst the Aus Swim Team, not knowing the words to "You're The Voice"
I just cringed then at the implication that you know the words to you’re the voice.

I just cringed that you don't
it goes:

your the voice something sumpty somthing
something somthing sumpty sump
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That is as far as I will ever engage with the music of J Farnham, and a long way further then I would like to.

it goes:

your the voice something sumpty somthing
something somthing sumpty sump
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

That is as far as I will ever engage with the music of J Farnham, and a long way further then I would like to.
That’s unaustralian. Great catalogue of hits. Whispering Jack is an epic masterpiece.

I'm not a mature enough person to not be losing it watching the Pole Vault and hear all the talk about having a "soft pole"
I didn’t even watch, but your posting this makes me realise I’m not mature enough either. Lol

News reports suggest 9 has lost the cricket , 10 has lost bigbash , 7 gets the tests and all the rest of summer cricket on foxtel .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back