MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

And I thought we had problems . Solid win. Thought Paine looked ok behind the stumps and the stumping made up for the dropped chance . Bancroft looks solid . I still don't think khawaja is a no 3 but he escapes scrutiny till next test Am not convinced about handscomb either but other than that it's good to go 1 up .

Would like to know how the statisticians ended up with Bancroft being at the crease a minute longer than Warner.

Don't really rate Khawaja - his footwork is poor. Guy gets plenty of runs at state level but I don't see him ever being a mainstay of the Australian team while he half plonks that foot forward every delivery.

Would like to know how the statisticians ended up with Bancroft being at the crease a minute longer than Warner.

Don't really rate Khawaja - his footwork is poor. Guy gets plenty of runs at state level but I don't see him ever being a mainstay of the Australian team while he half plonks that foot forward every delivery.
I think Khawaja can get runs at first class, but only in aus. He only ever plays aus conditions, worthless overseas

If I hear them say 'new ball wicket' again this summer I'll smash my laptop. That's how you say you better use the new ball because the wicket is s**t

Hazelwood and Cummins are class. Starc still goes through far too many spells when he goes through the motions, he's lucky he can normally produce half an hour of unplayable deliveries an innings so his figures look good.

I think we will lose a test maybe 2 this series but I can't see us not winning one of the last 4. Smith just has that look in his eyes that someone will have to produce 8 jaffas to get him or else he will get a 600 run series. Still the English were pretty good against us and if they get smith for nothing in Adelaide you could see us post a 150 very easily and it's game on

I'm no Scheduler, but the Brisbane test should have started sooner so that the Day/Night test could start on a Thursday or Friday.

I know it's summer and Adelaide gets behind these things like they do with Thursday night footy, But i wouldn't want to go to watch Cricket, Sunday Night, Monday night and Tuesday night

Jarryd Hayne is one of the biggest excuse makers i've seen in recent times, and when s**t gets hard he throws in the towel.

I put him alongside Tomic in terms of the biggest wasters of talent in this country

Jarryd Hayne is one of the biggest excuse makers i've seen in recent times, and when s**t gets hard he throws in the towel.

I put him alongside Tomic in terms of the biggest wasters of talent in this country
Tomic has some serious issues IMO. That probably sounds like excuse making but I think he is the real deal fruit loop, silly as a snake etc. Sadly I have a feeling he is heading for some style of epic and public breakdown within 12 months. Definitely something not quite right there - slice short of a walnut loaf type thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After he rorted the GC and Queensland for money like so my other Sports champions like Karmichael Hunt/Gary Ablett JR/Robbie Fowler etc.

20dbuc.jpg

To be fair, it's more the people than the place a lot of the time ... Took my kids to Sea Wold today (the 12 month passes are the best when you live close-ish) ... it was hot and humid as balls all day ... at one stage, I walked passed a guy in jeans, shiny black shoes and a QLD Origin jersey ... absolute peanuts, the lot of them.

To be fair, it's more the people than the place a lot of the time ... Took my kids to Sea Wold today (the 12 month passes are the best when you live close-ish) ... it was hot and humid as balls all day ... at one stage, I walked passed a guy in jeans, shiny black shoes and a QLD Origin jersey ... absolute peanuts, the lot of them.

The combination of heat and humidity has been broiling their brains for hundreds of years. I'm surprised evolution hasn't resulted in them more closely resembling frying pans.

The combination of heat and humidity has been broiling their brains for hundreds of years. I'm surprised evolution hasn't resulted in them more closely resembling frying pans.

They may not look like them, but IQ's (in the main) are scarily similar

Things that I did not anticipate: Tim Paine and Shaun Marsh winning a Test match for Australia.
Easy tiger long way to go still. Silly from Paine with that pullshot. Good innings but either try put it in the stands or roll the wrist FFS. Such an easy wicket to give away when your set.

Was saying to the old man 300 is a good score on this pitch though so if we can eek out another 60 runs I think it's advantage Australia

I enjoy watching bits and pieces of the cricket but as I've gotten older the magic of it has disappeared for me for some reason.

Football still gives me feelings of wonder, like I'm an eight year old kid again, but not cricket. I wonder if it's related to the fact that you barrack for a country rather than a club. The feeling of attachment just isn't there.

Another factor might be growing up in an era that featured what I'm fairly sure is the most dominant Australian side ever: Hayden, Langer, Martyn, Ponting, Gilchrist, McGrath, Warne etc. I definitely took that great side for granted as a kid and I was actually enjoying the highlights of the 2006(ish) Adelaide Test they showed yesterday during the rain delay more than the actual game.

Anybody else feel the same?

I enjoy watching bits and pieces of the cricket but as I've gotten older the magic of it has disappeared for me for some reason.

Football still gives me feelings of wonder, like I'm an eight year old kid again, but not cricket. I wonder if it's related to the fact that you barrack for a country rather than a club. The feeling of attachment just isn't there.

Another factor might be growing up in an era that featured what I'm fairly sure is the most dominant Australian side ever: Hayden, Langer, Martyn, Ponting, Gilchrist, McGrath, Warne etc. I definitely took that great side for granted as a kid and I was actually enjoying the highlights of the 2006(ish) Adelaide Test they showed yesterday during the rain delay more than the actual game.

Anybody else feel the same?
Cricket was my favourite sport as a really really little kid. I used to watch tests with my dad (and snooze on the couch, which is much the best way to enjoy cricket) from about 5 years old. I liked tests best, but the one days were a bit of fun back in the days of the windies being so intimidating. Their fast bowlers as well as players like Viv Richards were and still are the coolest people possible in the universe - truly my version of rock stars. Also cricket said summer, and holidays, and playing under the sprinkler, and Christmas decorations, and long warm evenings, and dogs sleeping in the shade, thongs, beach shack rentals with abalone-shell ashtrays, the twelth man and fluro zinc cream.

It isn’t quite the same anymore. Maybe because of the addition of more codes, I never got the hang of 20/20 stuff, the general saturation and full year season available to veg in front of and the decimation of the West Indies incredible performance, the magic isn’t quite there anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back