Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
Fagans response:

Thanks for the note.

To suggest anything is rigged is quite offensive. I take that as a personal affront.

Think about it - why would the Club want a jumper that wasn't popular? Does that make any sense? Clearly the Club would want to have as an alternate jumper one that supporters wanted to purchase and one the team would be happy to wear.

The poll was exactly that - a poll of fans to see what jumper or jumpers were most favoured. It is a part of the assessment process. With the feedback now received we will decide which direction to take - whether one of those displayed or potentially we will reconsider and look at other options.

this is the exact process that took place to arrive at the current alternate jumpers - a jumper you appear to like.

Thanks for your feedback. It is appreciated, but please try not to question my integrity next time. I don't deserve it.

I do genuinely appreciate your support of the Club. Go Crows.

Cheers
Andrew

Ps. The poll was closed down when hackers were messing with it and posting hundreds of concurrent votes.
Hope you aplogised to Andrew

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fagans response:

Thanks for the note.

To suggest anything is rigged is quite offensive. I take that as a personal affront.

Think about it - why would the Club want a jumper that wasn't popular? Does that make any sense? Clearly the Club would want to have as an alternate jumper one that supporters wanted to purchase and one the team would be happy to wear.

The poll was exactly that - a poll of fans to see what jumper or jumpers were most favoured. It is a part of the assessment process. With the feedback now received we will decide which direction to take - whether one of those displayed or potentially we will reconsider and look at other options.

this is the exact process that took place to arrive at the current alternate jumpers - a jumper you appear to like.

Thanks for your feedback. It is appreciated, but please try not to question my integrity next time. I don't deserve it.

Cheers
Andrew

Ps. The poll was closed down when hackers were messing with it and posting hundreds of concurrent votes.
Interesting, so they only noticed something when a bot posting hundreds of concurrent votes for D for over 12 hours barely passed E by 1%. But E getting to such a massive lead within 5 minutes of the poll opening that it took a bot a whole night to overtake it was all legit. Righto.

Last edited:

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
at least theres suggestion that none of those guernseys is still a possibility. how much weight you give that comment is another thing but ut will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I HATE the raptor head
It's OK when it's a small logo, but it looks absolutely hideous the larger it gets, which is why it's such an awful logo to slap on a guernsey.

It's why this one is so butt ugly
1122a5e7264fe787902ea922a3c46330.jpg

matty p

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair enough. Everyone's tastes are different. I thought they were all poor. I am also another fan who despises the "Raptor" head. I am no fan of the primarily yellow strip either.

FWIW I have always wondered why we cannot design a jumper like the poorly thought out red jumper (Nigel Smart), except change the chevron of navy blue and gold to narrow hoops. I would probably even tolerate the white strip with the clubs logo (not Raptor head) in the centre along the lines of Carlton / Hawthorn, or a variation of the same.

Why not a red version of the hoops guernsey to essentially replicate that SA state guernsey idea?

Taken from sjohnson (although I'd prefer gold numbers on the back rather than white):

ypB4uAQ.png

If the club is wanting to sell a new guernsey, this one would fit the bill whilst also maintaining the current hoops design which was so lauded upon it's introduction in 2016.

We could wear the 3 away/clash guernseys (white, gold and red versions) in interstate games against the following teams:

White - Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast, Bulldogs
Gold - St Kilda
Red - Collingwood, North Melbourne
(with the home guernsey still worn in away games against Geelong and Sydney).

Last edited:

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fagans response:

Thanks for the note.

Cheers
Andrew

Pretty fair response tbh. Probably wouldn't have gone so far on the front foot to begin with...

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fagans response:

Thanks for the note.

Cheers
Andrew

At least you got a response

Couldn't have said it better myself.

You know
When I voted earlier in the week I went d as the best of a bad bunch, but b is really growing on me.

If a or c won I'll burn down footy park. Those two are revolting.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting, so they only noticed something when a bot posting hundreds of concurrent votes for D for over 12 hours barely passed E by 1%. But E getting to such a massive lead within 5 minutes of the poll opening that it took a bot a whole night to overtake it was all legit. Righto.
He opened and closed with taking great offence to the accusation about the poll being rigged.

I think he doth protest too much.

Oct 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
You know
When I voted earlier in the week I went d as the best of a bad bunch, but b is really growing on me.

B is not a design. It's a plain white jumper. The very definition of "phoned in". The fact you like it as an option tells you how s**t the selection is.

And yeah, it's not the worst by any stretch.

Big Crow

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fagans response:

Thanks for the note.

Cheers
Andrew

Quality response from Fagan. Also pretty quick to respond, especially considering it was a Sunday. Have to give him high marks here.

Take the guernsey survey for what it was, a survey. They'll go away and consider all options, including some not listed.

I too will be disappointed if the club moves away from the current white and gold strips as I reckon they're spot on, but I suspect they did not sell well. The clash guernseys are often targeted at kids, hence the prevalence of logos and cartoons. Maybe these were a bit plain? Also remember the women's team won a premiership in a clash strip, which now has its own history and associations.

That said, bring on that red strip - wow!

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Fagans response:

Thanks for the note.

Cheers
Andrew

Quite impressed with that response. Candid and no fluff.

But we will be wearing E next year........bookmark it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
You have a gold heritage jumper from memory? Love those.

You bring up a good point about presents. There's a lot of people out there who aren't keen on anything with the raptor but how much stuff is being bought as presents from well meaning loved ones only to never be worn? So sales still look good, but customer satisfaction?

I do indeed, not letting that one go anywhere!

Well I know my whole family hate the raptor so we only tend to buy the stuff that doesn't have it on there.

pirate bob

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why not a red version of the hoops guernsey to essentially replicate that SA state guernsey idea?

Taken from sjohnson (although I'd prefer gold numbers on the back rather than white):

ypB4uAQ.png

If the club is wanting to sell a new guernsey, this one would fit the bill whilst also maintaining the current hoops design which was so lauded upon it's introduction in 2016.

We could wear the 3 away/clash guernseys (white, gold and red versions) in interstate games against the following teams:

White - Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, Hawthorn, Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast, Bulldogs
Gold - St Kilda
Red - Collingwood, North Melbourne
(with the home guernsey still worn in away games against Geelong and Sydney).
Damn, thats a lot of red. White shorts perhaps?

Anyway, I wouldn't have thought that there'd be a problem with that strip against Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond and WCE as well.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Haha I have!! Wasn't my intention. I explained it's the fact they put option E up against very bad alternatives and allowed anyone to vote.
Except that E was arguably the worst option of all...

** I know you like it - that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I don't like it, and there are a lot of other people here who don't like it either.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
You know

A, C & E are all revolting.

B is minimalist. It's clean, and there's no sign of that stupid ****ing raptor head. The only real problem is that the stripes are vertical, down the side of the jumper - not hoops across the front. It's not a bad option, but it's not a good one either.

Damn, thats a lot of red. White shorts perhaps?

Anyway, I wouldn't have thought that there'd be a problem with that strip against Carlton, Hawthorn, Richmond and WCE as well.
I say we push back on the AFL and have a yellow clash, and a red alternate. Our yellow clash covers us against most teams, and when it doesn't, the red fixes it. Makes a lot more sense than rocking up against teams like Collingwood wearing white.

Home with White shorts: Gold Coast, Port, Sydney
Yellow: Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, GWS, Melbourne, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Bulldogs
Red: Hawthorn, Richmond, West Coast

pirate bob

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I say we push back on the AFL and have a yellow clash, and a red alternate. Our yellow clash covers us against most teams, and when it doesn't, the red fixes it. Makes a lot more sense than rocking up against teams like Collingwood wearing white.

Home with White shorts: Gold Coast, Port, Sydney
Yellow: Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong, GWS, Melbourne, North Melbourne, St Kilda, Bulldogs
Red: Hawthorn, Richmond, West Coast
You probably missed my post a few days ago where I expressed my distaste for the yellow strip. :) I know there are plenty of people who like it though.

pirate bob

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
A, C & E are all revolting.

B is minimalist. It's clean, and there's no sign of that stupid ****ing raptor head. The only real problem is that the stripes are vertical, down the side of the jumper - not hoops across the front. It's not a bad option, but it's not a good one either.
Put an AFC or the a small version of the heritage logo on the front of B and it would probably work.

You probably missed my post a few days ago where I expressed my distaste for the yellow strip. :) I know there are plenty of people who like it though.
It's pretty polarising. No one "likes" it. Everyone either hates it or loves it. I just think we should wear our colours wherever possible, and white isn't one of them.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Except that E was arguably the worst option of all...

** I know you like it - that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. I don't like it, and there are a lot of other people here who don't like it either.
No I hate it too don't worry. Whole reason for my email to Fages as I know it's going to happen. D was the best of a bad lot.
Obviously our current clash guernseys are the.best option, and if we have to change something changing the yellow to red should be it.
But sometimes the obvious answer isn't what makes dollars.

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Arsenal.
We shouldn't have to wear a white clash, it's not a colour of our club. Yellow kit is maligned but it is a colour we wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back