Analysis 2017 Adelaide Oval Attendance Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the game and it looked like over 40k. We get screwed over so many ways by the SANFL/SMA, it would be nice if the club was a bit more campaignerish in getting an accurate number. We probably get financially ****ed over if the attendance is under reported and if its the SANFL/SMA doing the reporting, they have a clear conflict of interest and are able to corrupt the system.

Why the hell would SMA fudge the crowd figures? Make zero sense. Some crows games have looked completely full, not a spare seat and the crowd ends up being 4-5k empty seats...? Wouldn't the SMA want to increase the number?

I was at the game and it looked like over 40k. We get screwed over so many ways by the SANFL/SMA, it would be nice if the club was a bit more campaignerish in getting an accurate number. We probably get financially ****** over if the attendance is under reported and if its the SANFL/SMA doing the reporting, they have a clear conflict of interest and are able to corrupt the system.
I was also sure it was over 40K just as I was often sure AAMI stadium attendances were under-reported.

Honestly Wtf are we lactating over 37k on a Sunday twilight after a soul destroying loss? The Essendon Crers game got basically the same crowd on a Sat night. That crowd is lauded. Calm the * down peeps. 37k of largely despondent supporters is still bloody good dispite what our Malbun based resident bed wetter or anyone else says.

Why the hell would SMA fudge the crowd figures? Make zero sense. Some crows games have looked completely full, not a spare seat and the crowd ends up being 4-5k empty seats...? Wouldn't the SMA want to increase the number?

Clubs receive a set amount for each spectator who walks through the gate as part of the stadium deal.

As for that crows v bulldogs game, all I'm saying is that if they're saying there was 42,000 there and only 37,000 today they're taking the piss.

Clubs receive a set amount for each spectator who walks through the gate as part of the stadium deal.

As for that crows v bulldogs game, all I'm saying is that if they're saying there was 42,000 there and only 37,000 today they're taking the piss.

I hardly think that if that decides the profits and what they get out of it that they would be in charge of the count.. surely a conflict if interest.

Clearly 40+ yesterday. Entire Eastern stand lower was full and upper was, what, 85% full? The hill was packed. Riverbank was packed. Members wing will always let us down a bit but even that wasn't half bad. You reckon they could fit 15k+ in there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you at the game or are you basing your comments on TV footage?

The top of the western and southern stands was sparsely populated. I am comparing within Port games and the crowd figure of 37.5k seemed OK. However, if we were being screwed by the SMA, the right comparison is across ours and crows games, which is what finbarr and others are suggesting. I don't know, it wouldn't be hard to prove if true so I tend to believe that it isn't really happening and it's all a matter of perception.

I was standing directly under the LH corner of the large screen when I took these photos.

Make if this what you will.

IMG_5076.jpg IMG_5077.jpg IMG_5078.jpg

You can't see the Gavin in your photo due to the angle, but it would have to be literally empty to get us down to 37k.
The middle section at the extreme end was, but thats is only about 500 seats.

37k was a low estimate imo.

Kids under 15 were given free entry yesterday thus they are not counted by AO as part of the total number

Kids under 15 were given free entry yesterday thus they are not counted by AO as part of the total number
If that's fact, then that makes a pretty big difference. We always have big numbers of that age group, especially that time slot and weather conditions.

The top of the western and southern stands was sparsely populated. I am comparing within Port games and the crowd figure of 37.5k seemed OK. However, if we were being screwed by the SMA, the right comparison is across ours and crows games, which is what finbarr and others are suggesting. I don't know, it wouldn't be hard to prove if true so I tend to believe that it isn't really happening and it's all a matter of perception.

The SMA screwing us on a raw crowd figure would do nothing. It wont change revenue.

The SMA screwing us on a raw crowd figure would do nothing. It wont change revenue.
Yes it would, if part of the stadium deal is $2 per attendee.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back