Resource 2017 AFL and AFLW Crowds and Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the tickets in the AFL members sold out though. Mcc had their reserve that didnt fill.
What difference does that make (apart from how much revenue the AFL get)?

Don't get me wrong, for a sell out type game I think this is the worst the MCC has got it in quite a while -- clearly they should have had more visitors tickets for sale or opened up entry for provisional members (perhaps they could even have tried this on the day once they saw how the reserve was filling, similar to what they do with restricted members on GF day). It's just something that irritates me, the assumption that whatever the crowd is short of 100K is always completely the MCC's fault.

What kind of crowds are we expecting for VFL, SANFL, WAFL Grand Finals tomorrow?

What kind of crowds are we expecting for VFL, SANFL, WAFL Grand Finals tomorrow?
Really hoping for 40k tomorrow. Traditionally Port and Sturt have the best crowds for grand finals and hold 5 of the top 6 highest attendances in the SANFL.

Would have to go down as one of, if not THE, best crowd in AFL history. Well done tigers!

Without a word of doubt, it seriously felt like 90,000 going for the tigers and 4,000 for the giants!
This was the loudest in sheer noise from any game that ive ever gone too, it was deafening, my cousins ear drums still ringing. im still in awe how we pretty much sold out the whole public areas of the Southern and Olympic stands it was breathtaking seeing all the yellow and black...Even the city end apart from the 1/2 bays giants behind the goals was all yellow & Black....
MCC top deck had empty seats! But when u fall shy of 95K against a low drawing team like GWS the only word i can think of was what an amazing crowd. Look fwd to watching the replay!!!

I
Only 94,258 when it should have been 98 -99,000 At least 4000 MCC didnt go.Look at the vacant seats at the top of the Members.
As usual the bastard MCC members stop the game getting a record and stop real football fans access to our game.
How come they get 13,000 walk ups anyway?The AFL should try and stop this bullshit
If the Tiger fans had access to those tickets they would have sold out in minutes.
I tend to agree. Having that many walk ups is an antiquated way of maximising crowds. I'm an MCC myself and wouldn't mind if I needed to get there a few hours earlier because I didn't bother getting a reserved seat. If those reserved seats go to guests, so be it. If walk ups were reduced to 6.5K, then 98-99K would have been there. The model needs to be looked at. Alternatively, allow people to buy a few more guest passes, an hour or so before the game.

I'm not sure how revenue is derived for the MCC during the finals but surely a full MCC with more people at its bars and food stands must count for something.

The biggest stuff up was the grand final replay. The MCC didn't see the writing on the wall and were too stubborn to allow restricted members to go to the game. Even if they were flexible enough to change their policy on game day, an announcement an hour and a half before the game would have seen the area filled.

Whats the VFL Gf attendance record (as a secondary comp)? Surely whatever it is it will come close to being broken with the Richmond seconds playing.

No way! The VFA/VFL all time biggest was crowd 48,238 at the 1939 GF at the MCG.

If it gets 30,000 it would be the biggest GF crowd since 1978 when the VFA was at its peak.

Not a lot of gloating on LU this week with $15 tickets and with their biggest selling paper begging Sydneysiders to go yesterdays match and show their support they couldnt get 30,000 The wash up was AFL148,075 and NRL 57,729

Not a lot of gloating on LU this week with $15 tickets and with their biggest selling paper begging Sydneysiders to go yesterdays match and show their support they couldnt get 30,000 The wash up was AFL148,075 and NRL 57,729

Their lowest combined prelim crowd since 2 game prelims came in. (Not including super league wars year).

To think a Melbourne rugby league team playing a QLD team could outsell a local Sydney team playing at home is an absolute embarrassment!

Think of the profits difference in this round alone.. 145k at, what- $100 average, vs 58k at maybe $25 average (if that!).

"But it's all about the ratings!".. speaking of which, anyone got them for yesterday?

Their lowest combined prelim crowd since 2 game prelims came in. (Not including super league wars year).

To think a Melbourne rugby league team playing a QLD team could outsell a local Sydney team playing at home is an absolute embarrassment!

Think of the profits difference in this round alone.. 145k at, what- $100 average, vs 58k at maybe $25 average (if that!).

"But it's all about the ratings!".. speaking of which, anyone got them for yesterday?

Serious question....willl the NRL sell out the GF. A Vic side V a Qld side?

Metro ratings

Afl - 1.1m
nrl 713k

It's another belting

Cowboys so that'll reduce with regionals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the first finals series in which the afl has outrated every nrl game?

One for the wookie

I would suspect it hasn't happened often. Scary thing is most the afl games have been fizzers. It's more due to league ratings falling away

I was thinking that as well...must be a genuine possibility it won't sell out with that combo

It would be beyond terrible if it didn't sell out (it will though...and if not, the last few thousand tickets will be given away anyways).

A couple of weeks ago I was home sick and the morning breakfast show on channel nine were offering half? priced tickets if you used the code word "today".......hugely discounting GRAND FINAL tickets well before the teams are even finalised....wtf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back