Resource 2017 AFL and AFLW Crowds and Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see Melbourne v Norh Melbourne crowd. Biggest crowd between the 2 is 36,000 think wat back in the 1960's. Will depend on how many north fans turn up? Melbourne fans would need to turn up in great numbers like over 30,000 to have any chance ( they did get 27,000 against the dockers so maybe their is a small chance).

Essendon will get between 35-40,000 same with freon as well against the blues
You may well be on the money with your predictions. Interesting to see the Roos / Dees crowd. Could push 40,000 but likely 35K ish for mine

No, it just shows some clubs are better at converting barrackers into paid up supporters.

I agree here. Memberships, be they premium or otherwise, mean money in the bank, thereafter, it's their business (the members that is) whether they show or not.

Not just in the AFL, but looking across the A-League as well, we are seeing average home attendances below the number of memberships sold (and I'd suggest that is because the A-League clubs have learned to sell low-value memberships - soccer fans used to complain bitterly about AFL pet memberships, but now they have learned to follow our lead, so to speak).

Pretty healthy ratings yesterday

Excluding FTA regionals, there was a combined 1.469 million across the 4 games (1 less than usual), taking the total to 2.7 million including friday night

Of those, 220k were Sydney and Brisbane - 100 FTA and 120 Fox. An average of 73k over the 9 or so hours of football...helped obviously by both sydney teams playing and the lions (though getting smashed)

Purely as a benchmark, the NRL got 19k and 16k in total across its two foxtel games in Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide

The times i've checked this year, the Sydney and Brisbane ratings seem to gravitate around 15% of the total on Saturdays and Sundays and this week was almost bang on that figure

Last nights Bris v Adelaide game averaged just 83k. Pretty ordinary but clearly lost out to the Pies versus Hawks with 237k. Alas, since Wookie got stopped maintaining tables, I can't reference this but I would have thought the combined 320K is pretty solid for a Saturday night.

The Broncos crowds overall are also pretty, ordinary this season esp when you take into account the success they have had for a long period of time in a one team town that is supposed to be RL heartland territory.
They should sellout Suncorp every week with the exposure they get in QLD

It's all you hear about up here, since moving from Vic this year, they are more NRL-focused than Victoria is AFL-focused IMO. They should have 100k members and a wait list to get into games considering all factors, Suncorp is a brilliant stadium, they have no competition with other teams and have a brand that is advertised like no other sporting club in Australia.

It's all you hear about up here, since moving from Vic this year, they are more NRL-focused than Victoria is AFL-focused IMO. They should have 100k members and a wait list to get into games considering all factors, Suncorp is a brilliant stadium, they have no competition with other teams and have a brand that is advertised like no other sporting club in Australia.

I lived on the Sunshine Coast for 14 years and have found Victoria to be more AFL-centric than SE Queensland was NRL-centric. Nevertheless the Broncos have a massive market to draw from.

I know that 10,677 in context with Sydney's Rugby league crowds, is quite satisfactory. The GWS should be striving for more. 2 home games in a row at Spotless was probably not the smartest fixturing move. But the positive is that the two games were crackers. It's going to be a long slow burn for GWS. I sincerely hope (for their sake) they actually make, and win a GF over the next couple of years.

I'll also re-iterate again that Canberra could easily host a 4th H&A game. We're footy mad here, and it wouldn't hurt Spotless to lose one - would hopefully make the what would be 7 home games more valuable for fans to attend. ACT Government and AFL will soon begin negotiations to extend their agreement. Maybe a 4th game will clinch a much needed upgrade to facilities here.

I would have thought that at the end of the day GWS should play all its own games in Sydney, but if a upgrade is on the cards at Manuka if a fourth game appears, then perhaps that will happen.

Although on the other hand, taking another game from Sydney is defeating the purpose of GWS.

There is no doubt that GWS has had a very positive impact on Football in both GWS and the south of the state.

Record amount of junior teams in both Canberra and WS this year in both areas but WS in particular you need to build from the bottom up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlikely with Richmond's recent form and they're the home side.

Biggest dreamtime I can remember since 2013.
Should be around the 80000 mark. In games with big crowds it usually needs the away team to turn out in big numbers rather than the home team to get the big crowd, as most members will go anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Expecting the Dreamtime game to be close to a full house next week
Watching Richmond makes one want to slash one's wrists. Which might keep a few away.

My prediction - Bombers will win with a shot after the siren, after being 40 points down mid-way through the 3rd quarter. Dusty will do his ACL in the showers after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back